Popped Cherry by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances
Top 16 in Unisex Perfume
Popped Cherry is a popular perfume by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is sweet-fruity. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Black cherryBlack cherry
Turkish roseTurkish rose
Peru balsamPeru balsam
Haitian vetiverHaitian vetiver
CedarwoodCedarwood
Roasted tonka beanRoasted tonka bean
SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by EvilCat, last update on 12.10.2021.

Mrczrb
More masculine than Lost Cherry? But definitely unisex!
It's Saturday, a warm summer evening. The thermometer shows a chilled 23 degrees. A lukewarm breeze carries the cool sea breeze through the faces of the tourists.
Some wrinkle their noses... there is a hint of full-bodied cherry in the air. Unmistakable - CHERRY.

That, or something like that, was my first encounter with Popped Cherry. A good friend of mine was coming down the pier and I smelled it yards to.
Shock infatuated! I knew the Lost Cherry at the time and was sure to smell this one on him.
He taught me better and I couldn't help but go straight for the Popped Cherry.

When the package finally arrived, I couldn't help but apply 3 sprays directly.
My wife stuck out after 10min the head from the study and asked directly only: "What smells so great here?"
Our bathroom, where I sprayed myself and our
Study are separated by a 7m long hallway. So the sillage definitely seems to be room-filling. She asked me even after 2h still whether I have "eingedieselt" again, because I smell so extremely good.
Our another HomeOffice day is now over and we got ready to go shopping. From applying until now, passed 6h in the meantime. The
Scent was still very present to me.
Simply because I was so excited I held the bottle again in my hand and considered to re-spray. At the same moment, I was only instructed by my wife not to reapply. I still smell so intense.
End of the song: In the evening made ready for bed, put in bed and I could still clearly smell Popped Cherry.
10h have passed at least and I smelled permanently cherry. Madness!

Also my wife has learned to love the Popped Cherry. Not only on me she likes to smell him. Meanwhile, I catch her regularly, as she smells wonderful Popped Cherry.

No other fragrance has gotten me more attention and compliments than Popped Cherry.
The smoky, spicy opening, the insanely intense cherry - for me, my signature scent.
So far, I was never directly addressed to a fragrance. Friends and acquaintances mentioned though more often times that one always smells great, but on the Popped Cherry, I have always received direct inquiries and compliments.

I personally feel the Popped Cherry compared to the Lost Cherry, as something more masculine. By no means, however, as a men's fragrance. It has a smoky spicy note that gives it depth in my opinion.

One drawback for me is clearly that Dua's fragrances are shipped from the States and customs fees are added to the expensive shipping fees.
Also, as is well known, one can argue about taste, but the design of the flacon does not meet my taste.
This is my first review, so do not go too hard with me in court

Excellent inspired expression of Lost Cherry
Popped Cherry is the Dua expression inspired by Tom Ford Lost Cherry. It’s a bit more cherry-intensive and sharper, with more bite than the original, while the original is a bit creamier and more resinous. Both have the sensibilities of balsam and tonka, a bit powdery and quite sweet, and overall an intensive, mostly-gourmand, immersive experience. And of course Dua is somewhat more affordable and practically pocket-sized, so convenient. So while it doesn’t mimic the original exactly, Popped Cherry is a welcome variation of a great scent, and a great scent in its own right—my first bottle purchased with the current, slim design with crimping a little under 3 years ago.

8 out of 10
Cherry cherry cherry
The scent is so incredibly pleasant. I've only had lost cherry on my nose once, but in my opinion both scents are so amazingly similar. Sometimes this scent is a 10 for me and I can't stop smelling it. Sometimes just a 7, which is the only time I have this scent to that degree. The cherry is really incredibly sweet and has real recognition value. The scent is definitely unisex and I can really see it working on both genders. I would at least recommend everyone to get a sample if interested, it's definitely worth it. H+S are good, but not as monstrous as the previous speakers see it
2. Chance
Have tested in advance the Bois Oudh, because it was highly praised by perfume colleagues and a long-lasting, almost identical smelling clone of the famous-notorious original was promised.
Famous because the scent smells simply brilliant; infamous because its brilliance lasts only 4-5 hours despite "heavy" fragrance notes.
So the Bois Oudh fetched, sprayed on, Näschen dranhalten and pulled away again very quickly. I do not know to this day, what it is, but in addition to the quite perceptible Tom Ford charm of the Bois Oudh, comes a penetrating pungent, stinky note with, which ruins the fragrance for me.

Biased as one is, at first nothing more of Dua Frangrances want to know. At some point, however, had interest again, this time in Popped Cherry. Have Lost Cherry never smelled, it always felt too expensive. Thought, the few thalers for a dupe can spend times.

Disappointment again? Kei-nes way! Wonderfully fruity, slightly gourmandig. Reminiscent of cherry brandy, but not "cheap cherry brandy, 16th birthday, tables sticking, three people puking, huge mess, disgusting", but somehow classy and upscale.

One would like to write an ode about the successful interplay of completely different notes, which despite their differences still fit together, but the fragrance experience for me consists only of cherry, this dark red small fruit with a thick core that grows on trees and cherrys. But that's enough. That fits.

Wearable by male (like me) and female alike, I'd assign it to warm, sunnier weather. Peace.
Beauty and the Beast
Inspired by Tom Ford Lost Cherry, that goes for me, as well as Mahsam Raza, the CEO & Owner of Dua Fragrance.

Believing LC could not be overtaken in sweetness and intensity by anything or anyone, I was proven wrong. The LC is great, that is beyond question. He is powerful, but can also be restrained and shy, depending on the dosage.
What is impossible, however, to hide completely. He stands out, you take him was and that subjectively seen very happy.

But the popped cherry, there helps with the best will nothing and I mean that in a positive sense. Try to hide him and will do everything possible to break out and once he has done it, then be sure, so quickly you, as well as your surroundings will not get rid of him.
Not because he is penetrating, not because he is unpleasant, but because he exists and that with an unimaginable volume over a very long time. He is clearly more powerful, even longer matured.
Sweet is no longer an expression here. One look and we suffer diabetes.

The play of the fragrance notes is gigantic and the cherry is permanently accompanied without ever giving way to the background.

In my eyes, an insane explosion on the skin and even more on the clothes.
Worn along with perfume after a day hung in the wardrobe, the next morning swept by a cloud when opening the doors through the room. Quite strong and a great composition of both houses!
Balticsea
Lost Cherry vs. Popped Cherry - Battle of the Cherry Giants (When a Nichenhaus Designer Clones)
Moin you fragrance maniacs and welcome to another "Battle". Today it's about the two probably begehrtrsten cherry scents. About this more, (For all impatient - the review starts further down.)

It's still a different world out there and the pandemic is affecting people's lives. It also affects our passions. Home office, mask and distance ensure that perfumes often remain an intimate experience. Now of course you could help it along with 10 sprays of Interlude Man, but then of course you run the risk of setting off the local fire alarms in the supermarket ;-) Don't get me wrong, I for one wear perfumes exclusively for myself and look forward to applying a different scent every day and thus getting to know each fragrance over and over again. Still, it's weird times fragrance-wise. .

i am of course aware that I am hugely lucky if this is my worry in these, for many people, existence threatening times. I have job security, an intact family and time to write unimportant things like this review. I'm fine - despite the crap out there - and I'm always amazed at how people get upset that they can't get a haircut, haven't had a steak at their favourite restaurant for ages, or have to miss out on their Mauritius holiday. Be thankful for what you have and help where you can! And for all of you who are really struggling - hang in there and don't give up!

Before this review now finally drifts off we come back to the actual topic. The two cheeky cherries :-) we have here on the one hand the famous cherry of Tom Ford. Your opponent is the cherry from the Nichenhaus DUA. DUA is especially famous for its dupes. Actually, I am not a friend of dupe brands. But DUA is different. There is La Rive - there are passable dupes and there are next level dupes from DUA. I can't believe what Mahsam Raza has come up with after his Dubai trip to the US. And with what a quality the fragrances come along. Yes, they are dupes - but DUA is different and that's why they have a very high status here in the community. And one reason for that is Popped Cherry. So sit back and introduce yourself to Michael Buffer briefly (everyone who knows him knows what comes next) "LET'S GET READY TO RUUUUMBLEEE" :-)

The bottle: TF 9/10- DUA 7/10

Gosh Tom - you guys do know how to make beautiful flacons. Why not always like this? Good weight, glass, neat sprayer, great color - why not always so? Only drawback - to see the fill level you need a very bright flashlight. ;-)

The DUA bottle is held as all bottles of this brand. Plain(to put it nicely), light, lid made of cheapest plastic, unimaginative design. But the fill level can be seen and the sprayer does what it should. Since but overall goes much more - but in the end it's the content that counts. So let's see times. ;-)

Fragrance: TF 9/10 - DUA 9,5/10

Let's give in to the scent progression and start with the Tom Ford. Right up front - a real scent progression does not want to come up with both fragrances (which is not bad at all!). Tom Ford starts with a beautiful, red sweet cherry. Not a fresh one from the tree. But a brightly sugared one from the can. And immediately the almond in the form of the finest marzipan and the liqueur join in. Cherry, marzipan and liqueur? Yes, you have combined correctly - cherry amaretto. The cherry moves further and further to the back of the scent. It changes from the main role to the companion. For the longest time I smell this incredibly fine, elegant and beautiful marzipan / amaretto note, which beds down towards the end on very fine woods.

The DUA, on the other hand, starts off much more bulky and without the Fordian elegance. But I love it. The fragrance is 90% true to its model. But the remaining 10% has it all. The cherry is just as sweet, but darker. And the amaretto is definitely one with a kick. Clearly boozier, the DUA comes around the corner and it's just great. A fragrance full on the 12. Qualitatively, he is really in no way inferior to his role model and you can smell it. The DUA dares to go one step further with this extra kick of liqueur. And that was the right decision. If the TF is fine cherry amaretto, then the DUA is cherry amaretto with shot.

Shelf life: TF 6/10 - LC 9/10

Man Tom, why only is the name of the fragrance only program? :-( with me on the skin after 6 hours at the latest completely disappeared. Not acceptable for the price. Here the DUA has the nose miles ahead. On the skin easily 9 hours. On the clothes again significantly longer. Super performance!

Sillage: TF 5/10 - DUA 8/10

Here too - for the price a joke dear Mr. Ford. With me already after one hour only skin tight. Too bad. The DUA is an extrait de parfum and you can tell! Very oily on the skin - conditioned by it (thank God!) Not room-filling - but for it long-lasting evenly radiating. The first 4-6 hours on a good Amlänge to smell. Is perceived without being too intrusive. Perfect!

Wearability: TF 7/10 - DUA 6.5/10

both candidates for autumn / winter, the TF is a little finer and much quieter. Thus even in the office okay. The DUA is a little more "masculine" than the TF - but both fragrances are 100%-tig unisex!

Compliments: TF 9/10 - DUA 9/10

here both are in no way inferior to each other. If they are noticed, they will be liked. They are just both incredibly delicious and are well received.

P/L: TF 6/10 - DUA 8/10

3€/ml is already an announcement of TF and definitely not affordable for everyone. And with the modest H/S, at least for me a little too expensive. Since it makes the DUA already significantly better. With discount code and including shipping and back taxes, if you order three at once, you can get a price of 1,50€/ml. But for that you get a fragrance with a great quality, a great H/S and the typical List Cherry character. Yes, would like to be cheaper, but the DUAS are simply worth their money.

Conclusion:

Yes what can I say? Even if the DUA "only" gets half a point more than the TF, the DUA wins for me clearly. The TF is a little finer and softer, but I like this extra portion Booziness at the DUA incredibly well. The fragrance is not inferior to its model in terms of quality, has the much better H/S and costs half as much. Tom Ford wins, at least for me, only on the flacon design. But to spend twice as much on it? If I hadn't already my answer would be no. :-P I love the LC, but DUA took it and just improved it stone cold. This brand is really different. And honestly? Even though I don't usually like dupes. But when a brand manages to optimize fragrances and even revive vintage versions that are no longer available 1:1 (e.g. with Midnight Rendezvous), then they have earned my utmost respect. A small brand from the USA, which gives the big houses of the world a good spanking. Kudos Dupes that beat the originals in some cases. Like the Popped Cherry. For me the better Lost Cherry. Think about it, dear Tom. ;-)

Thanks for your time. Stay in good spirits and healthy!

As always hanseatic greetings ⚓
Definition: Unisex.
The term unisex is applied to facilities, terms, and products that are intended to be used by all genders equally. - Wikipedia.

Even though Wikipedia defines the term more-or-less satisfactorily, that definition is probably intentionally fuzzy in order to fully show off the diversity and complexity of the term. And yet, I keep struggling to think of the term as a prototype. A prototype here is the best representative of a category, whereas categories all have prototypical structures, prototypes have a preferred level of categorization, and the boundaries between categories are again fuzzy.

I chose my brief digression into linguistics here quite deliberately, because: Popped Cherry, the DUA dupe to Tom Ford's Lost Cherry, is for me the epitome of unisex - i.e. the best representative of a category with the characteristics listed above. Why?

I originally bought this tipsy dream of overripe cherries combined with lots of liqueur, syrup, bitter almond and tonka bean for my partner, but today I couldn't help but test the scent on myself. And the result: WOW!

Admittedly: I love, love, love Popped Cherry on my partner, for me it's Sex in a Bottle. When she wears this scent, I just go weak.... All it takes is a few sprays and the room fills with this beguiling scent - it catapults me straight to 7th heaven. This fragrance suits her so incredibly well, it highlights her petite figure, her beautiful style of dress and her discreet make-up in a wonderful way. And with me?

Opening: With HER crystallizes immediately after application an oversweet cherry, the bitter almond and the cherry liqueur play with her only a subordinate role, whereas with ME the cherry turns out rather "sour", the bitter almond much more dominant and the liqueur deeper and darker. The fragrance works with me from the beginning extremely masculine and strong, with her it underlines the feminine side and emphasizes her beauty, her playful shyness and her irresistible charm.

Also in the further course play with HER the sweet, fruity notes an extremely supporting role, the tonka bean gives the fragrance on my partner a beautiful powderiness and creaminess, whereas with ME the tonka bean only very, very restrained shows its effect and leaves the fragrance the necessary edges and corners, which I love so much and which make the fragrance definitely wearable for a man. In addition, a certain liqueur note always remains with me, which disappears relatively quickly with her and gives the cherry free stage. With ME, on the other hand, another note joins in after about two hours, which initially nearly drove me crazy: wicked, sexy, elegant and distant at the same time - I know that from somewhere! But from where? I thought about it, thought about it and thought about it. I was almost going insane. Because I knew the note, I knew this wickedness, this sexiness, the elegance that at the same time also exudes a certain cool distance. And yet, at first I couldn't manage to attribute this note to another fragrance and thought I just knew it through my partner when she wears this perfume. But on direct comparison, I didn't smell that note. In HER case, the cherry dominates at this point, some liqueur and marzipan.... and reading through the individual notes, the scales fell from my eyes: jasmine sambac paired with beautiful, subtle woods. And where do I know this from? From Tom Ford's Ombre Leather 18, that's where!!! For me, these notes accompany and punctuate the beautiful edgy scent with its liqueur-like notes.

In the drydown, the fragrance still remains sweet on my partner, the cherry then retreats and we are left with sticky cotton candy combined with roasted almonds and some syrup, although at this point it is impossible to tell what fruit this syrup is trying to interpret. The drydown sets in very, very late for my friend, though - about eight to ten hours in. With ME, the drydown sets in much earlier, possibly due to drier skin.... however, the drydown is completely different for me: instead of cotton candy, roasted almonds and syrup, I have kirsch (an alcoholic drink from Switzerland that contains strong alcoholic notes with subtle cherry), cherry liqueur and bitter almonds. No syrup, no sugar, no cavities. And I love that!

Conclusion:
For me, the epitome of unisex. The fragrance is a beautiful interpretation of equality, equality and that definitely makes a beautiful statement in this day and age. I am fascinated by how multi-faceted Popped Cherry is and how different this one fragrance smells on a woman and on a man: if I didn't know better, I would almost think one fragrance is a perfume for women and the other one for men.
Stealthily, I sneak back to the closet and spray myself with some more Popped Cherry.

Clear buy recommendation for her and him.
Also blindbuyworthy!

A declaration of love to a beautiful fragrance and to an even more beautiful woman
MsMontale
Is he better than Lost Cherry now?!
Honestly, there's no getting around this question when it comes to Popped Cherry. Because it's clear: Lost Cherry by Tom Ford was the inspiration for Popped Cherry.

The concept of fragrance cloning is certainly controversial - but what you have to hand it to Dua: they do their thing really well in many cases.
I also think they didn't try to make a 1:1 clone in this case, but developed the fragrance idea further.
For those who want to watch my comparison between the two: I've linked you to my YouTube video.

But here I would like to provide some more info about Popped Cherry:
We are dealing with a sweet fruity scent, which gets something adult by bitter almond and the liqueur note. The cherry smells for me rather dark, but very juicy.
I find that it brings something profound, yet equally something cheeky and perky. He is anything but boring - I like that. Even if the fragrance does not change greatly in the course with me, but remains with the cherry-almond-liqueur tone.
He can also be worn very well by men from my point of view.
By the way, Popped Cherry is my favorite of the cherry fragrances.

It performs very well in terms of durability.
I spray the fragrance on my skin in the morning and still notice it very well in the evening.
Likewise, the sillage is enormous: I myself can perceive it well with movements - it seems to be the same with my environment.
Popped Cherry is one of the fragrances on which I am most often asked. It is also very well received by the non-perfume-savvy public. This speaks for the fragrance, because you stand out, but only pleasant :-)

My rating:
Fragrance: 10 / 10
Durability: 9 / 10
Sillage: 9 / 10
Recognition: 10 / 10

Emuletipsi
Workhorse or rather show pony?
I have become aware of Dua, because a dear Parfuma has gifted me with sample.

Throughout the band make the fragrances fun. The consistency of all tested Duas was oily greasy - not quite mine.

In my scent memory, Popped Cherry was a 1:1 dupe to Lost Cherry. In direct comparison, however, there are significant differences.

Lost Cherry is a souped-up, pretty, cuddly show ponyboy with expensive soft saddlery. The noble animal is trimmed to beauty and gossamer aufretzelt - only mount the horn - ready is the fabulous animal. The good one knows that too and is a little snob. Unfortunately, on his tender little hips, the sweetie won't last a day's ride. The round in the show ring rides itself but as on little clouds over rainbows.

Popped Cherry is the workhorse. Rough bones, PC is never showered and therefore comes across as a bit shaggy. Saddle stuff is synthetic and much less pleasant to ride. But the good horse makes up for the blemishes with a lot of eagerness, will and boundless stamina. The ride goes through the bushes and you come back disheveled possibly with the one or other scratch but happy.

The LC seems softer, smoother and more natural compared to the PC. The PC comes a little rougher and more uncouth. 2x Coctail cherry - the differences are clear enough for cherry lovers in my opinion to welcome both ;)
MarioWorld
Of course, also something for men, simply ingenious this smell.....
The perfume is also clearly something for men, even if previous speakers think it is not so.
Would I prefer this perfume to the Lost Cherry (Tom Ford)? I'd say you must have both!
But in terms of price Popped cherry is of course more interesting, has clearly the better silage/performance.
Which I prefer more, because you can't get enough of this scent and at Popped cherry
you just smell him longer and stronger on yourself.

nevertheless, nevertheless, yes clear recommendation to buy!

Schrauben ∞ nedeirfneleeS
by Matwes
by DeVitoHH
by DeVitoHH

Popular The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances

Casino Elixir 2.0 by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Royal Chariot Attar by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Midnight Rendezvous by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Bois Oudh by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances King of Judea Attar by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances His Aspiration Extreme Sport Edition by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Plum Cigarillo by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Casino Elixir by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Supernova by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Supernova in the Casino by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Belgian Choco Truffle by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Collateral Damage by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Poseidon's Ottoman Supernova by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Supernova Cologne by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Naram's Elixir by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Dark Casino Royale Nights by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Bleu de Dua Attar by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances #Fierce by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Caribbean Waters by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Poseidon's Elixir 11Z by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances