Poseidon's Elixir 11Z 2018

Poseidon's Elixir 11Z by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances
Poseidon's Elixir 11Z is a popular perfume by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances for men and was released in 2018. The scent is fresh-fruity. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Bergamot, Blackcurrant leaf, Apple, Pineapple, Pink pepper, Birch, Patchouli, Jasmine, Rose, Musk, Oakmoss, Ambergris, Vanilla

Submitted by EvilCat, last update on 15.10.2020.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Poseidon's Elixir 13ZZ by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances, which differs in concentration.

Carpintero
Freshly tarred forest road after the shower
Aventus.
A fragrance that divides minds. A stuff of heated debate. Batch codes, reformulations, natural ingredients - you name it.
I only possess a sample of the above mentioned fragrance. There are more beautiful, even more valuable scents for me from Creed. Royal oud, for example.
But neither the fragrance nor this brand is the issue here.

No, it's about Poseidon's Elixir 11Z.
I ordered it blind a few days ago. Aventus I know and like. No, it's not necessarily love. But it's a very platonic liking. But as my sample is now coming to an end, I either had to get an Aventus bottle - which I had more reservations about due to the omnipresent discussions about durability and ingredients, especially since the fragrance carries a very proud price - or I would try DUA's Poseidon's Elixir 11Z, which is supposed to be very close to Aventus and might even be worlds ahead of the original in terms of durability - at least if you believe the reviews on the DUA site.

So it arrived yesterday, my 11Z. Tested, sniffed and found good:

Yes, quite clearly, this is an Aventus clone. But what a clone! As with almost all DUA fragrances, the prelude is an oily note, which disappears immediately after a few seconds and releases the mange for the actual perfume. Here the fragrance starts with a tremendous freshness kick. Like an incredibly fresh men's shower gel after an ice-cold shower on a hot summer day.
This freshness is accompanied by an almost bitter bergamot and freshly pressed fruit. Apple, yes. Pineapple, yes, but only discreetly, slightly in the background.
At this moment a certain smokiness sets in, but it is skilfully restrained and in the prelude especially gives the fresh notes the well-deserved precedence.

A short time after the start the birch tree starts to grow and this with a really nice impact. And yet it remains balanced, fresh, green and woody at the same time. Like driving through a birch forest on a warm early summer day. The windows of the old diesel at the very bottom, air conditioning is not available. You sweat a little. But only very little. Rock music in the car, the bass turned up high. You notice the diesel, but only very discreetly. The scenario is now dominated by the green, blooming birch forest. The olfactory experience is accompanied by fresh men's shower gel from my buddies, who are sitting in my car.

I gotta hit the brakes. A construction site in the middle of the forest.
"Dude, you could have just stayed on the freeway!" my buddy, who's sitting next to me, murmurs, still smelling of some rose and jasmine from his girlfriend's perfume.
The forest road will probably be freshly tarred again. It's about time.
The construction workers give us the green light, we can slowly pass the road. I can still smell the birch forest, but now the sweat of the workers and the freshly tarred road join them. In the first moment it is very strong and penetrating, a moment later it becomes less and smells simply breathtakingly good.

With all these scents in the car we drive to the next town. I'll drop my buddies off and pick up my girlfriend from work.
As she gets in she says "God, it smells great in here, what is that?"
I just grin, pull over and let up the windows to catch the smell for a moment.
"Come on now, tell me, what is it?" she asks again, this time a little more insistent I keep smiling, drive my brand new SUV onto the highway and answer her:

"Poseidon's Elixir 11Z".
When she looks at me questioningly, I go, "You know... DUA!".

Lime Explosion
In the very first minutes this has a blast of bitter citrus that is so sour and so sharp that I would refer to it as some sort of lime/bigarade note (despite them being quite different from each other).
At first I thought to have messed up my purchase but I ended up with the beloved vetiver, birch, smoke and ambergris accord in the earth and drydown stages. I prefer the blackcurrant opening in PE Remixed Mod 1 but I prefer the drydown of 11Z.

Finally! Thx, Dua!
Aventus didn't have a really good start with me. Sometime more than five years ago - and thus clearly before my "being" here - I officially got a sample from ALzD. The scent was fresh and very, very smoky - the birch tree wallowed in its tar and so for me the subject was simply over. Not my loot pattern. Only much later did I learn about batches and variations. But this did not arouse my interest again, but rather astonishment. Imagine if I'd liked the scent in the sample. And with the order, I would have gotten some other scent. Like every batch. So Lotto. With very high commitment.

Well, I didn't have to do that and last year I liked Floris´ 1976, Loewes Esencia EDP or Rojas Elysium. The latter did not remain - the other two moved in.

Now DUA has made it its business to make fragrances "available" again that have been discontinued, sold out or lost in the countless batches. So probably also the Aventus 11Z01. It should be fruity and little smoky. Extrait to it. Well, why not.

And to be honest: THANK YOU, DUA!

Because this fragrance has power and does not annoy me with birch and smoke. It is basically simply fruity and fresh and keeps the birch tree and tar in check, far below. She gets to play. He's more of a goalkeeper than a striker.

The pineapple plays a discreet role and does not make a fruit cocktail out of a summer scent. For me, the fragrance is dominated to a large extent by woody-fresh and citric components. And with that he even makes the jump into my collection.

And rehabilitate his role model a little.

I still don't understand whether every new batch is a flanker or a quality assurance problem. ;)

Popular The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances

Midnight Rendezvous by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Popped Cherry by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Belgian Choco Truffle by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Supernova by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Casino Elixir by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Bois Oudh by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Drowning in Vanilla by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Supernova Cologne by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Enchantment by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Lux Opulent by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Casino Elixir 2.0 by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Wood and Cognac by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Black Widow by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Poseidon's Elixir Remixed MOD 1 by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Hades' Elixir by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Caribbean Waters by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Matrix by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Vanilla Lemon Gelato by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Royal Chariot Attar by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Poseidon's Elixir 13ZZ by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances