#Fierce by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances
#Fierce is a popular perfume by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is spicy-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Petitgrain, Cardamom, Lemon, Orange, Fir, Aquatic notes, Jasmine, Rosemary, Rose, Lily-of-the-valley, Sage, Vetiver, Musk, Oakmoss, Brazilian rosewood, Sandalwood

Submitted by EvilCat, last update on 26.11.2020.

The Nose
I was also allowed to spend several months in the USA, in 2009, when A&F was already well known, but only had a branch in Europe and was therefore still a bit exotic. I also remember that Fierce was just starting to come into my mind.

First of all: I was and am a fan of the brand. Simply for the pragmatic reason that the clothes are of very good quality. And if Black Friday and a weak US dollar are added to that, so much the better.
The models of the stores and Fierce are actually only background noise, but they still shaped the image of the brand. And Fierce was horny. Synthetic yes, but new, fresh, strong, unknown and perfectly adapted to the target group. So I bought myself a bottle, but used it irregularly.
The "you can smell it on every corner" that is often read here really applied to Fierce. He was simply _too_ good and - not to mention Abercrombie's EU expansion - made sure that the brand clearly lost its exciting flair.

At some point I pulled the bottle out again for a journey. Unfortunately, it contained only 30ml of a liquid with a detergent note and a limited shelf life of minutes, in technical jargon: tilted.
And this association never got rid of my nose - neither with the original, nor with Montblanc, Aviator or anyone else.
The scent no longer worked on me The chapter Fierce was finished. But I didn't think it was bad and I put it on my nose.

So I got to know the reformulated version only marginally, because I only go to an A&F store because of the clothes. The other scents are not usable anyway
Because I wanted to order from Dua anyway, I used the last 30% OFF action and gave #Fierce a chance. And yes, what can one say, I can only agree with the previous speakers: that's how it smelled back then, and it smelled good! So it wasn't the nose after all...

Dua doesn't offer a total time travel here, because the typical Fierce note can be sniffed here and there. However, there is without doubt the best dupe, clone, replica, whatsoever, to indulge the original purpose of perfumes, the wearing.
This will not happen too often with me, since Dua is not exactly cheap and Fierce is on everyone's lips anyway, sorry nose.

But still: it's great to reminisce. Because the chapter Fierce is over - but that doesn't mean that you can't open it up again now and then. And who knows, in a few years he might be niche and unique ;)
The only option!
I agree with the majority of the previous speakers - DUA Fierce is the only relevant option when it comes to Fierce! The original has been constantly weak for years, the well-known clones like Montblanc Legend etc. also have their performance problems and don't really come close to the scent. I had already written the scent off for me until I came across the DUA version.

As a Fierce fan since the Silver Cap era, I can confirm that DUA captured the vibe and performance almost identically. For all who like Fierce, no matter if they know the old version or not, I give the immediate blindbuy recommendation!

I like to overlook the really ugly bottle-design and the flappy packaging in the result of this fragrance resurrection ;)

Smellavision
A fierce yet lovely inspiration...
So, this is DUAs take on the original version of A&Fs Fierce.

I vividly recall the first times I visited american malls around the millenium and especially the Abercrombe & Fitch stores, which all smelled magnificently. That smell was Fierce and - even if it's a rather simple musky "clean laundry" scent on the surface - it was something rather special, youthful and very fitting for that time. Bruno Jovanovic was one of the perfumers and I think that Carlos Benaim may have been one of them too, and together they composed a great scent with top notes of lemon, fir and petitgrain, heart notes including sage on a base of rosewood with huge amount of white musk.

I was so lucky to receive a sample of this from a fellow Parfumo member, and being the first DUA Fragrance that I've tried I must say that together with Milton Lloyds America Legend this is definitely the closest to the original which I have smelled. Projection is excellent and, if anything, it seems like the base has been slightly amped with a hint of ambergris mixed with the musk - I suspect this could be the same base as used for DUAs Creed inspirations?

Now the question remains - do we need to invoke a special role or place for this inspiration?
I believe it is fairly simple to say that if you enjoyed the original Fierce, you will most likely be more than happy with this. Maybe, just maybe you will have a trip down memory lane and if not you'll surely smell clean and nice.

Popular The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances

Popped Cherry by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Bois Oudh by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Midnight Rendezvous by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Belgian Choco Truffle by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Supernova by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Royal Chariot Attar by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances King of Judea Attar by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Drowning in Vanilla by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Casino Elixir by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Acqua Solaris by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Poseidon's Elixir 11Z by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Enchantment by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Lux Opulent by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Caribbean Waters by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Wood and Cognac by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Supernova Cologne by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Poseidon's Legendary Chariot by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Hades' Elixir by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Matrix by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Poseidon's Elixir 13ZZ by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances