#Fierce by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances
#Fierce is a popular perfume by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is fresh-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

PetitgrainPetitgrain CardamomCardamom LemonLemon OrangeOrange FirFir Aquatic notesAquatic notes JasmineJasmine RosemaryRosemary RoseRose Lily of the valleyLily of the valley SageSage VetiverVetiver MuskMusk OakmossOakmoss Brazilian rosewoodBrazilian rosewood SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by EvilCat, last update on 19.05.2022.

BACK INTO 2010!
How long have I been searching for an alternative or reformulated Fierce by A&F. It's not like, that I am having a six pack, being the quarterback of my local High School and having the skinny girlfriend in the whole town, but there was so much more memories I am remembering when smelling this beautiful composition!

The ORIGINAL Fierce by A&F was just great! The Aventus of it's time! Head turning and impression making! Sure all their shops smelled like that and this manipulated all of us, but I am seperating the brand A&F with all their problems (!) and the scent Fierce!

The scent is like a instant and durable refresher! Perfect for any summer occasion. It's nothing I would wear below 16°c, but above 23° it developes best!

This review is not about the original Fierce, but Dua achieved it, to bring back the perfect composition, after A&F destroyed it during the last years. Sure Cologne and Extrait are very different, but the vintage cologne stayed very long. Today's version is way to light (max. 2-3h)!

Dua's Fierce delivers the full experience and brings back so many good vibes and memories from my time being a teenager. Hanging out at summer nights and parties.

Big thanks to Dua for brining back the emotion and vibe!
A no-alternative #Fierce
AF Fierce was for me since always one of the absolute favorites, a very fresh, youthful and absolutely suitable for the masses fragrance with high recognition value. Too bad, of course, that you have with the original only a short pleasure, already after 3-4 hours only very very close to the body to perceive.
But DUA creates remedy...

Let's start with the scent - I have after receiving the bottle the original and the DUA sprayed on the wrists and it was for me after the slightly more pungent opening (I'm talking about 1-2 minutes) no difference perceptible. I say times the DUA is >98% identical.
But now comes the H+S and the differences become clear, the DUA plays in a completely different class, not only compared to the original AF, but also compared to 90% of all fragrances I know. The projection is incredible, I sprayed on an equal amount of the DUA as I did with the AF version and went off to play a game of pool. A friend walked past me on her way to the restroom and remarked that the entire room smelled like Abercrombie. Not only that the difference to the original probably did not notice her, no also the massive sillage of the fragrance is no imagination and also seems to notice the environment directly - A spray less does it here so also :)

DUAs #Fierce is the only right choice when it comes to the lovely fragrance from the AF store - point
#Fierce #Burnt ?
Fierce as you know him or knew him. I have an Orginalversion from 2012 and it is really 1:1. projection, durability are TOP.

AABER, am I the only one who always smells such a burnt/chemical note with DUA?

This affects me personally very annoying, especially with such a clean fragrance.
Finally arrived --> back to Vintage
Thanks DUA, over the last few months Fierce has cost me a lot of nerves. As some reviewers before me have already described, I was also a proud owner of a vintage A&F Fierce, which was simply a blast in performance. A holiday souvenir from California and what can I say with every wear you are the American Dream and the unforgettable beautiful holiday memories again a piece close.

Unfortunately, the stock was nearing the end of last year and so a new bottle was ordered. But already at the first spray came the sad disillusionment, the fragrance is a shadow of its former self. Slowly, the despair spread that in addition to holiday renunciation during a pandemic now also the fragrance head cinema goes into the lock down.

I had this bitter experience with it the second time after Gucci discontinued my first signature scent, Rush for Men. The fate is a lousy traitor... overpriced stale Resterampen out of desperation on dubious portals buy up?

This time, I wanted to fight for my fragrance. I searched for alternatives, googled scents "smells like Fierce" (perfumes / lamp oil / room fragrance / shower gel... what there is) bought dupes but with each new attempt I realized how my hopes for a Fierce vintage feeling slowly go towards 0, until I became aware of DUA last fall. Youtube videos from influencers and reviews of #Fierce convinced me, the holy grail comes how could it be otherwise from.... California. Like probably everyone, I cleared the final hurdle of "sorry currently out of stock" and placed the hopeful order on Black Friday.

Two weeks later on my birthday (that must be a good omen) the package arrived from the land of opportunity. The discussions about the bottle are for me a luxury problem...I have other worries...but what can I say the time and effort was worth it, already with the first spray was clear I have arrived --> back to Vintage Formulation.
Better than back then?
Past

I think there are few "fragrances" that have so crammed themselves into the noses of customers, especially in American culture. There are probably likewise few brands that has caused more social uproar with its fragrance than Abercrombie.
From the successful concept of the brand, the polarizing image, and the aggressive marketing for the time, you can think what you want. Likewise of the obviously dirty management, the class action suits at that time because of smell nuisance before the stores and ....

Fact is, the fragrance had (had) an image problem, it was too strong, too violent, too much "AF". In addition, there were new legal regulations, which, in addition to the complaints about the too strong scent, contributed to the fact that the fragrance was reformulated. Died was the fragrance for many, and after the storm of media attention, the brand as a whole never really recovered.

Today

DUA, a brand that is dedicated to copying other fragrances and can sometimes more sometimes less applause for it, has hit the nail on the points here and won with me a real customer. If you know the scent from back then, you'll get it back here 98% of the time. It smells like pure vintage 2002, a neat fresh, green, woody powerhouse that you can sense on me for >12h. In the head, heart and base the scents are incredibly similar. I won't describe the scent itself in detail, there are already various perfect descriptions for that. My feeling is that it's even more potent than the original from back then, but I never compared the two 1:1, because I don't currently have one. Anyway, people have told me several times a day after I've had two sprays on the back of my neck that I smell good and what it is. My impression is that many have the fragrance no longer so on the screen, so I have the actually revived in my circles.

Future

If you're so insane as to want the Fierce from back in the day back at all costs, give this one an unrestricted blind try. Tried a few copies. Too fresh, too synthetic, too scratchy, too watery. Alas.
If DUA has this one in stock again, I will definitely buy a few more bottles as a bunker!

I love it
Honestly, I've only been in an A&F store once in my life.... and that was in HH.
Before I was always only at Hollister. There I always thought, man, that smells here but great.
When I was then at A&F in the store, I thought that smells but GEIL here. They have but a great room spray. oO

That it is not a room spray, but their own "Parföng", I would never have thought. And even when I then still rummaged in the store for clothes and went past their fragrances ... nope, I did not smell it.
2016, in NYC again into the A&F store.... and then... i tried my nose on their testers.
BANG, THIS is it! THIS is the scent that was still clinging to the clothes you bought when you got back home.
Still, I didn't buy the Fierce. Because my customs budget was already exhausted.
Only in 2019, I finally bought it. Since then, I am thrilled by the fragrance and it's hard for me to grab something else, because he fits iwie always!
But stop, I reach for something else...

Because after I bought the old vintage version (silver cap me red writing) at the famous "Bay"... i came besides, on the variant of DUA! #Fierce... THAT is perfect for me!
The whole room is flooded with it when you wear it. But in a positive way. Here there is no "Boa, but that's too hard" from friends or colleagues. On the contrary, it hails compliments.

I love it.
#Fierce you horny mile....
Ischgelroi
This is how Fierce must smell and not otherwise !
I got to know the original Fierce which is not only a shadow of its former self like the Fierce of today. Yes, Fierce is a fragrance for the young generation, it is synthetic and wants to say I am here I find myself horny. To be honest, I don't mind wearing it, because it is fresh, simple and slightly spicy, but now to #Fierce. Dua has done everything right here he just smells 99,9% like the original and performs like the original or even better. This is Fierce as I present it to you. Fierce for me is just a kind of fountain of youth in a bottle. I spray it on and feel young. I think to the fragrance itself I don't have to say a word, everyone knows what they get for their money. #Fierce is the only way to smell the right Fierce again and the quality of #Fierce comes close to the original without any problems. I can only recommend you to buy #Fierce and enjoy it and think of your youth
The Nose
I was also allowed to spend several months in the USA, in 2009, when A&F was already well known, but only had a branch in Europe and was therefore still a bit exotic. I also remember that Fierce was just starting to come into my mind.

First of all: I was and am a fan of the brand. Simply for the pragmatic reason that the clothes are of very good quality. And if Black Friday and a weak US dollar are added to that, so much the better.
The models of the stores and Fierce are actually only background noise, but they still shaped the image of the brand. And Fierce was horny. Synthetic yes, but new, fresh, strong, unknown and perfectly adapted to the target group. So I bought myself a bottle, but used it irregularly.
The "you can smell it on every corner" that is often read here really applied to Fierce. He was simply _too_ good and - not to mention Abercrombie's EU expansion - made sure that the brand clearly lost its exciting flair.

At some point I pulled the bottle out again for a journey. Unfortunately, it contained only 30ml of a liquid with a detergent note and a limited shelf life of minutes, in technical jargon: tilted.
And this association never got rid of my nose - neither with the original, nor with Montblanc, Aviator or anyone else.
The scent no longer worked on me The chapter Fierce was finished. But I didn't think it was bad and I put it on my nose.

So I got to know the reformulated version only marginally, because I only go to an A&F store because of the clothes. The other scents are not usable anyway
Because I wanted to order from Dua anyway, I used the last 30% OFF action and gave #Fierce a chance. And yes, what can one say, I can only agree with the previous speakers: that's how it smelled back then, and it smelled good! So it wasn't the nose after all...

Dua doesn't offer a total time travel here, because the typical Fierce note can be sniffed here and there. However, there is without doubt the best dupe, clone, replica, whatsoever, to indulge the original purpose of perfumes, the wearing.
This will not happen too often with me, since Dua is not exactly cheap and Fierce is on everyone's lips anyway, sorry nose.

But still: it's great to reminisce. Because the chapter Fierce is over - but that doesn't mean that you can't open it up again now and then. And who knows, in a few years he might be niche and unique ;)
The only option!
I agree with the majority of the previous speakers - DUA Fierce is the only relevant option when it comes to Fierce! The original has been constantly weak for years, the well-known clones like Montblanc Legend etc. also have their performance problems and don't really come close to the scent. I had already written the scent off for me until I came across the DUA version.

As a Fierce fan since the Silver Cap era, I can confirm that DUA captured the vibe and performance almost identically. For all who like Fierce, no matter if they know the old version or not, I give the immediate blindbuy recommendation!

I like to overlook the really ugly bottle-design and the flappy packaging in the result of this fragrance resurrection ;)

Smellavision
A fierce yet lovely inspiration...
So, this is DUAs take on the original version of A&Fs Fierce.

I vividly recall the first times I visited american malls around the millenium and especially the Abercrombe & Fitch stores, which all smelled magnificently. That smell was Fierce and - even if it's a rather simple musky "clean laundry" scent on the surface - it was something rather special, youthful and very fitting for that time. Bruno Jovanovic was one of the perfumers and I think that Carlos Benaim may have been one of them too, and together they composed a great scent with top notes of lemon, fir and petitgrain, heart notes including sage on a base of rosewood with huge amount of white musk.

I was so lucky to receive a sample of this from a fellow Parfumo member, and being the first DUA Fragrance that I've tried I must say that together with Milton Lloyds America Legend this is definitely the closest to the original which I have smelled. Projection is excellent and, if anything, it seems like the base has been slightly amped with a hint of ambergris mixed with the musk - I suspect this could be the same base as used for DUAs Creed inspirations?

Now the question remains - do we need to invoke a special role or place for this inspiration?
I believe it is fairly simple to say that if you enjoyed the original Fierce, you will most likely be more than happy with this. Maybe, just maybe you will have a trip down memory lane and if not you'll surely smell clean and nice.

VinScentVinScent 4 months ago
The best clone of vintage red-label Fierce (I've tested 10+). Worthy 2nd-hand acquisition. Go for Fierce Attar if you buy new (better perf).
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Fresh, citrusy, aquatic, spicy, slightly woody and musky. A safe scent that is not overwhelming but still quite pleasant. Performance is ok.

by LarsR11
by LarsR11

Popular by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances

Popped Cherry by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances King of Judea Attar by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Casino Elixir 2.0 by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Royal Chariot Attar by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Bois Oudh by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Naram's Elixir by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Midnight Rendezvous by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances His Aspiration Extreme Sport Edition by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Cherry Fortune by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Casino Elixir by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Angelic Elixir by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Supernova by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Supernova Cologne by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Belgian Choco Truffle by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Casino Royale Nights by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Collateral Damage by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Bleu Savage at Casino Royale by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Supernova in the Casino by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Hades' Elixir by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Fortune by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances