#Fierce by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances
#Fierce is a popular perfume by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is fresh-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Petitgrain, Cardamom, Lemon, Orange, Fir, Aquatic notes, Jasmine, Rosemary, Rose, Lily of the valley, Sage, Vetiver, Musk, Oakmoss, Brazilian rosewood, Sandalwood

Submitted by EvilCat, last update on 18.04.2021.

Better than back then?
Past

I think there are few "fragrances" that have so crammed themselves into the noses of customers, especially in American culture. There are probably likewise few brands that has caused more social uproar with its fragrance than Abercrombie.
From the successful concept of the brand, the polarizing image, and the aggressive marketing for the time, you can think what you want. Likewise of the obviously dirty management, the class action suits at that time because of smell nuisance before the stores and ....

Fact is, the fragrance had (had) an image problem, it was too strong, too violent, too much "AF". In addition, there were new legal regulations, which, in addition to the complaints about the too strong scent, contributed to the fact that the fragrance was reformulated. Died was the fragrance for many, and after the storm of media attention, the brand as a whole never really recovered.

Today

DUA, a brand that is dedicated to copying other fragrances and can sometimes more sometimes less applause for it, has hit the nail on the points here and won with me a real customer. If you know the scent from back then, you'll get it back here 98% of the time. It smells like pure vintage 2002, a neat fresh, green, woody powerhouse that you can sense on me for >12h. In the head, heart and base the scents are incredibly similar. I won't describe the scent itself in detail, there are already various perfect descriptions for that. My feeling is that it's even more potent than the original from back then, but I never compared the two 1:1, because I don't currently have one. Anyway, people have told me several times a day after I've had two sprays on the back of my neck that I smell good and what it is. My impression is that many have the fragrance no longer so on the screen, so I have the actually revived in my circles.

Future

If you're so insane as to want the Fierce from back in the day back at all costs, give this one an unrestricted blind try. Tried a few copies. Too fresh, too synthetic, too scratchy, too watery. Alas.
If DUA has this one in stock again, I will definitely buy a few more bottles as a bunker!

I love it
Honestly, I've only been in an A&F store once in my life.... and that was in HH.
Before I was always only at Hollister. There I always thought, man, that smells here but great.
When I was then at A&F in the store, I thought that smells but GEIL here. They have but a great room spray. oO

That it is not a room spray, but their own "Parföng", I would never have thought. And even when I then still rummaged in the store for clothes and went past their fragrances ... nope, I did not smell it.
2016, in NYC again into the A&F store.... and then... i tried my nose on their testers.
BANG, THIS is it! THIS is the scent that was still clinging to the clothes you bought when you got back home.
Still, I didn't buy the Fierce. Because my customs budget was already exhausted.
Only in 2019, I finally bought it. Since then, I am thrilled by the fragrance and it's hard for me to grab something else, because he fits iwie always!
But stop, I reach for something else...

Because after I bought the old vintage version (silver cap me red writing) at the famous "Bay"... i came besides, on the variant of DUA! #Fierce... THAT is perfect for me!
The whole room is flooded with it when you wear it. But in a positive way. Here there is no "Boa, but that's too hard" from friends or colleagues. On the contrary, it hails compliments.

I love it.
#Fierce you horny mile....
Ischgelroi
This is how Fierce must smell and not otherwise !
I got to know the original Fierce which is not only a shadow of its former self like the Fierce of today. Yes, Fierce is a fragrance for the young generation, it is synthetic and wants to say I am here I find myself horny. To be honest, I don't mind wearing it, because it is fresh, simple and slightly spicy, but now to #Fierce. Dua has done everything right here he just smells 99,9% like the original and performs like the original or even better. This is Fierce as I present it to you. Fierce for me is just a kind of fountain of youth in a bottle. I spray it on and feel young. I think to the fragrance itself I don't have to say a word, everyone knows what they get for their money. #Fierce is the only way to smell the right Fierce again and the quality of #Fierce comes close to the original without any problems. I can only recommend you to buy #Fierce and enjoy it and think of your youth
The Nose
I was also allowed to spend several months in the USA, in 2009, when A&F was already well known, but only had a branch in Europe and was therefore still a bit exotic. I also remember that Fierce was just starting to come into my mind.

First of all: I was and am a fan of the brand. Simply for the pragmatic reason that the clothes are of very good quality. And if Black Friday and a weak US dollar are added to that, so much the better.
The models of the stores and Fierce are actually only background noise, but they still shaped the image of the brand. And Fierce was horny. Synthetic yes, but new, fresh, strong, unknown and perfectly adapted to the target group. So I bought myself a bottle, but used it irregularly.
The "you can smell it on every corner" that is often read here really applied to Fierce. He was simply _too_ good and - not to mention Abercrombie's EU expansion - made sure that the brand clearly lost its exciting flair.

At some point I pulled the bottle out again for a journey. Unfortunately, it contained only 30ml of a liquid with a detergent note and a limited shelf life of minutes, in technical jargon: tilted.
And this association never got rid of my nose - neither with the original, nor with Montblanc, Aviator or anyone else.
The scent no longer worked on me The chapter Fierce was finished. But I didn't think it was bad and I put it on my nose.

So I got to know the reformulated version only marginally, because I only go to an A&F store because of the clothes. The other scents are not usable anyway
Because I wanted to order from Dua anyway, I used the last 30% OFF action and gave #Fierce a chance. And yes, what can one say, I can only agree with the previous speakers: that's how it smelled back then, and it smelled good! So it wasn't the nose after all...

Dua doesn't offer a total time travel here, because the typical Fierce note can be sniffed here and there. However, there is without doubt the best dupe, clone, replica, whatsoever, to indulge the original purpose of perfumes, the wearing.
This will not happen too often with me, since Dua is not exactly cheap and Fierce is on everyone's lips anyway, sorry nose.

But still: it's great to reminisce. Because the chapter Fierce is over - but that doesn't mean that you can't open it up again now and then. And who knows, in a few years he might be niche and unique ;)
The only option!
I agree with the majority of the previous speakers - DUA Fierce is the only relevant option when it comes to Fierce! The original has been constantly weak for years, the well-known clones like Montblanc Legend etc. also have their performance problems and don't really come close to the scent. I had already written the scent off for me until I came across the DUA version.

As a Fierce fan since the Silver Cap era, I can confirm that DUA captured the vibe and performance almost identically. For all who like Fierce, no matter if they know the old version or not, I give the immediate blindbuy recommendation!

I like to overlook the really ugly bottle-design and the flappy packaging in the result of this fragrance resurrection ;)

Smellavision
A fierce yet lovely inspiration...
So, this is DUAs take on the original version of A&Fs Fierce.

I vividly recall the first times I visited american malls around the millenium and especially the Abercrombe & Fitch stores, which all smelled magnificently. That smell was Fierce and - even if it's a rather simple musky "clean laundry" scent on the surface - it was something rather special, youthful and very fitting for that time. Bruno Jovanovic was one of the perfumers and I think that Carlos Benaim may have been one of them too, and together they composed a great scent with top notes of lemon, fir and petitgrain, heart notes including sage on a base of rosewood with huge amount of white musk.

I was so lucky to receive a sample of this from a fellow Parfumo member, and being the first DUA Fragrance that I've tried I must say that together with Milton Lloyds America Legend this is definitely the closest to the original which I have smelled. Projection is excellent and, if anything, it seems like the base has been slightly amped with a hint of ambergris mixed with the musk - I suspect this could be the same base as used for DUAs Creed inspirations?

Now the question remains - do we need to invoke a special role or place for this inspiration?
I believe it is fairly simple to say that if you enjoyed the original Fierce, you will most likely be more than happy with this. Maybe, just maybe you will have a trip down memory lane and if not you'll surely smell clean and nice.

Popular The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances

Casino Elixir 2.0 by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Popped Cherry by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Bois Oudh by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Midnight Rendezvous by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Dark Casino Royale Nights by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Royal Chariot Attar by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances King of Judea Attar by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Belgian Choco Truffle by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Supernova by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Poseidon's Elixir 11Z by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Casino Elixir by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Supernova in the Casino by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Collateral Damage by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Bleu Savage at Casino Royale by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Moda Elixir by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Caribbean Waters by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances 22 Shades of Dolce Solaris by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Supernova Cologne by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Drowning in Vanilla by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances Casino Royale Nights by The Dua Brand / Dua Fragrances