The Dark Side (2019)

The Dark Side by Tigha

The Dark Side is a new perfume by Tigha for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Geza Schön

Marihuana, Oud, Pink pepper, Musk, Frankincense, Tobacco, Leather

Submitted by Feuerfuchs, last update on 21.06.2020.

Fahrstuhlman
With a swing like Thor's hammer
First of all: I got to know the perfume through the perfume critic JeremyFragance, who appears on YouTube, and then I simply bought it on "good luck". And I have no regrets.
The perfume has a gigantic durability on my skin and I can still perceive it even after showering. CLASS!
The projection and sillage are also phenomenal. I have already received a number of comments and compliments (even without pointing to my applied scent myself). So far, these comments have been consistently positive and I love to apply the perfume. During spring and on cooler days I find it even more pleasant and relaxed to wear than on very hot days, because then it becomes even stronger, at least for me.
The bottle is kept simple and does not represent a speciality for me, whereas the Zersteuber does its job excellently :)
At this point in time, I cannot say that I can smell the fragrances, as I am only at the beginning of my olfactory "career". Nevertheless I believe to "sniff" the tobacco/ incense clearly, which I like phenomenally well!
Basti87
The matching fragrance for the Tigha leather jacket
I have tested this new Tigha fragrance several times this month. I ordered a small sample because I liked the pyramid and with Geza Schön a great perfumer is behind it. Who knows my taste knows that this kind of scent is not my prey scheme. But sometimes opposites attract and nothing speaks against variety in the collection.
Tigha is a fashion label from Germany, which is known for leather jackets. Rather not my style, but I have some shirts of this brand. Fashionably already a very cool and modern style. Even though Tigha is a designer label, you can attribute this fragrance to the niche because of the price (120 Euro a 100ml). Geza Schön is also more at home in the niche world. But not so important to me, because I don't separate them that much
The Dark Side has a dark coloured fragrance to match its name. Already cool and fitting. The pyramid sounds mean and you expect a real banger that will blow you away. Also because Black Afghano is mentioned, who is not exactly squeamish either. Here you have a price advantage, because you get 70ml more for the same price. But it's still not a clone, even if it's going in that direction.
Here only the fragrances are given, without dividing them into head-heart-base. It does not have much progression, although the first two hours are much better in quality. An oriental firecracker, without being too overpowering like many others in this category. Many of the scents are easy to guess without being really barely noticeable. Oud-incense and leather are in the foreground and provide a great oriental feeling. Goes already in the direction of Bad Boy matching the leather jacket. Tobacco also complements each other well. Weed is not really recognizable, but this mixture is already harmonious and well blended. A great valuable fragrance for self-confident people. I rather see it on men, but ladies with a preference for strong oriental scents could also be happy with this one.
Would be a candidate for purchase for me if it would not end after 2-3 hours in the trivial. With these fragrances more is possible and unfortunately it loses power, not only in terms of sillage. It stays on a decent level, but I expect more from this type of fragrance The durability is good, if you add to this the closeness to the skin. The Sillage is good in the beginning but for this type of fragrance rather mediocre. Whoever expects a real firecracker like Interlude Man will be disappointed. But it is quite decent, especially since you can wear it on many occasions.

Altogether a great fragrance. If he could keep the level from the beginning longer he would be even better. But all in all a great special scent, which you can wear to many occasions.
Are my pupils dilated?
This fragrance seems to interest some people and since it is not easy to test it somewhere, I decided to write my first comment on a fragrance.

Here is a short information about me, so that my comment can be better appreciated:
I'm in my late 30s, male. Musician. I mainly wear rock clothes, black leather jacket etc.
Tigha is my favourite brand when it comes to fashion. I am also a small hobby perfume collector (about 30 fragrances). I like dark, sweet scents. Tonka bean, leather, iris, rum. My favorite scent is Dark Rebel by John Varvatos. So all in all "The Dark Side" is like made for me....... or not?
I have this scent of Tigha on the back of my hand at this very moment.
The first thing I smell is rubber. Some have described this scent here as tar. Understandable. The last time I smelled such a garage smell was at Fahrenheit and its success speaks for itself.
Second, the smell of marijuana gets into my nose. Unfortunately. I don't smoke pot and I don't want to smell it. It's not an unpleasant smell, quite the contrary. And whoever smells of it now and then anyway, it certainly doesn't matter to them. Maybe this perfume is a welcome excuse for one or the other to explain the sweet scent in the clothes.
I take oud as well. A nice, pleasant oud. That's rare.
All in all, Geza Schön has managed to bring out all the relevant fragrances. I perceive the pink pepper, but pleasantly discreet. I don't really like incense as a fragrance, but here it is well dosed. I like the leather note very much. Nice black leather. It's like distilling one of Tigha's leather jackets.
The name "The Dark Side" is definitely appropriate. The fragrance is dark, masculine and rebellious.
This perfume is supposed to be unisex? Okay, so every scent is kind of unisex. Allowed is what pleases The Sillage seems okay. I can't say much about durability yet, but from the fragrance notes I think this perfume performs very well here.

My conclusion: Unfortunately, this fragrance is nothing for me, even if I would have liked to have it. This car tire-like scent is slowly fading away, but I like perfume, which I like immediately after spraying on and gives me a good feeling. Also, I am proud of the fact that I have never pulled a joint and I just don't like people around me to think I just smoked something... and not even let them pull it.
Is "The Dark Side" a bad smell? No. I'm quite sure that Geza Schön has done a great job in carrying out the assignment. Is it a masterpiece? No. Does it smell synthetic? Yeah.
At the end of my commentary I smell the back of my hand again. Yes, there's something about that perfume... I can't deny that. In the club, with appropriate body warmth under the black leather jacket, one or the other woman will surely get stuck on it. Or the one or the other man - depending on the club.
But that also happens with CK One Shock - for a quarter of the price.

unique & extraordinary
An absolutely exceptional Eau de Parfum - Tigha and Geza Schön,
i actually expected nothing else.
The final product nevertheless managed to surprise me even more -
an olfactory firework of oud, marijuana, leather, musk and tobacco has exploded on my skin to an indefinable scent experience, which always attracts attention with new facets.
turned out great! I'm absolutely thrilled...
Durability very good / hours later still perceptible.
Flacon I would say analogous to LeLabo, puristic, valuable and heavy with a chic steel cap.
The dark liquid lies very nicely in the bottle.
But if it would definitely be classified as a men's fragrance, it would fit perfectly with Tigha Models.
Feuerfuchs
The provocative side of fragrances
I only came across the scent by accident. Just before Black Friday I was strolling through the shops. I am glad that I live in Düsseldorf because there are a lot of good perfume stores here. Stores the scents show up which there are in Germany only in the most well-known shops.
As I said, I walked into one of the shops unsuspectingly. At the entrance there was the scent, which was to be presented on Black Friday by Geza Schön.
I was surprised that tigha also brought out a perfume. The first fragrance. But I thought it was cool that the Düsseldorf fashion company first presented its fragrance in Düsseldorf.
But I could already test it now and sprayed it on the test strip. You also got a really nice flyer of the fragrance where it was described really well. The individual notes were clearly arranged. So at the same time I smelled for the first time on the test strip and looked parallel at the notes in the flyer.

The beginning was violent. The scent is called "The Dark Side" but I didn't expect it. At the beginning I was so surprised by the power that I couldn't smell anything at first. I know marijuana from my youth, but I couldn't smell it here. With Black Afgano I can't smell it either and think it's not that easy to do.
I got a load of pepper up my nose. That was the first thing I could smell. Not as strong as the "Intense Pepper" by Montale but really well balanced.
The other notes are also added quickly.
These are all notes that are very conspicuous on their own and give a fragrance its personal character. Frankincense, tobacco, leather and woody chords. What a dark broadside and neat bell. To test other scents after this would be pointless. There aren't that many coffee beans to neutralize. I would like to describe the start of the fragrance as very strong. Provocative and striking. That's how it's advertised.
That's not all. In my opinion, the fragrance now showed itself from its most beautiful side. It comes with an insane sweetness that is slightly sour. Whether it's the oud or the musk, I can't tell. It goes perfectly with it and that is exactly what makes the fragrance so special. That's why I just think he's awesome right now. Especially with the season. Ideal for winter and colder days. You feel masculine at the same time and want to attract attention. Very curious but as soon as you have applied the fragrance you really want to attract attention. You don't have to worry that it's not. The Sillage is neat, but I don't find it intrusive. Or else...
The durability is also enormous. Good 8-10 hours still well perceptible.
In my opinion, the bottle is cheap. A puristic design with an affordable paper print. I find terrible...the cap is quite good and the spray head healthy mediocrity. You could've gotten more out of this. Especially at a very good fashion company. Maybe with some leather or or or or.

Back to the scent again. At the moment I don't know of any fragrance that is so well polarized and at the same time so well balanced. Don't let the start intimidate you in any way. Because after 10 minutes it unfolds properly and becomes more and more beautiful from minute to minute.
A great scent that radiates masculinity and is unique.
The Black Afghan for Hockey Fans
I was a bit perplexed when I saw a perfume announced in the Tigha newsletter. Since the notes described met my taste pretty much, I ventured to buy without much expectation. See there - I actually like it really well!

The first time I spray it on, the advertised marijuana note strikes me and immediately creates associations with fragrances such as Black Afgano. Free of any animal faecality, subtle oud wafts in the background and lends the fragrance a tidy depth. I attribute the first slight stinging in the nose to the pink pepper, it becomes clearly milder in the course. The fragrance from head to base is accompanied by an acidic tannin essence, which I find very unusual, but actually more interesting than disturbing or even repulsive. I have smelled many woody scents and can justifiably say that The Dark Side has managed to surprise me with a nuance that I did not expect and for which I could not quickly name any other scent. You have to do it first! In the further course I perceive in the background a slight hint of charred wood, as one sometimes gets to smell it at medieval markets. But the scent is definitely not a smoked scent - ham associations never arise! Finally, there is a barely tangible sweetness in the background, which I probably feel most like a kind of dry bitter vanilla, passing every olfactory finesse. I do not perceive leather, tobacco or incense in detail.

The Dark Side shows a good durability on my skin. After 4 to 5 hours I smell it while moving still here and there at myself, while sniffing directly at the wrist even after 8 hours in then clearly dimmed form. He doesn't show any fatigue worth mentioning at all. I find the Sillage to be tidy, but actually more socially acceptable than expected. A room-filling fragrance work is not produced, if one deliberately overdoses. He creates an appropriate aura with which one is perceived, but no involuntary aisles into the crowds of people of the Christmas market beats.

All in all a surprisingly successful, dark, mysterious, complex and somehow really unusual and therefore original and fascinating fragrance in a rather old-fashioned genre. He skilfully weaves rather nischig special scent impressions to an overall impression that can be worn very well again - if you are the type for such a kind of scent. I don't regret the purchase and will definitely keep my bottle. Is he revolutionizing the scent world? Not at all. But he keeps what he promises and does what he wants to do quite decently and self-confidently. With currently 120 € for 100 mL we are at the transition from designer price to niche price. It feels exactly the same: high-quality, special, not synthetic, nischig but not autistic. Relatively expensive, but it takes account of the motor vehicle insurance that is in the offing in January. I like it so much that I can recommend it to lovers of fragrances like Black Afgano, Gucci Guilty Absolute or Bvlgaris Puck!
Marquise27
Joint in the dark chamber
Here you can smell the marijuana very strongly and intensively - it always remains present in the whole scent. Leather, incense and oud give him hard edges, very masculine. I do not see him on a woman, but I am missing a trace, even if it is only the touch of a trace of softness in the form of something floral, vanilla or soft ...
He loses something of the very powerful masculine, but the black leather jacket of the tattooed Dark Boys remains. And here he fits in well, a young savage who still tries himself out, testing his limits again and again. Then where and when is he soft and sentimental? That's what we need to find out now....

by Feuerfuchs