AmberScent

Filter & sort
16 - 20 by 26
AmberScent 4 years ago 5 2
The supreme gourmand wave
It should not be difficult to write about my signature perfume.
Hell is not it!
It's not a piece of cake to remain objective with my opinions as if I would be going to use it for the first time.
Sweet perfumes are a 21st century invention; I think the original A * Men of 1996 was the anchor that influenced an avalanche of greedy fragrances, albeit with several streams of interpretation. It's worth noting that I like sweet perfumes, although I find 1 Million, as well some others, to be boring. If it were not so, it would be at least strange to choose as my signature scent, such a sweet perfume as Pure Tonka.

This is my favorite A * Men flanker, of the eight I currently own. I like all very much but this one is "special". And it's not an easy observation for me because of the grandeur of the original A * Men, Pure Malt and Pure Havane. Pure Tonka has been the last one I bought. It was better that way as if I bought Pure Tonka first, I could have finished my A*Men adventure then, and completely satisfied by the virtues of Pure Tonka. I only complain about the spray on all A * Men! But I got used to wasting one squirt for every two that I applied successfully.

Pure Tonka opens almost fresh with a minty chord of lavender, but reveals immediately a strong caramel worthy of the best flan pudding, quite creamy and with a hint of bittersweet wild honey. This scent should certainly be the strong chord that is desired for the used tonka bean ingredients.
The scent is fairly linear and I just notice the disappearance of the minty lavender before the drydown.
Somewhere in this richly sweet blend, I distinguish the striking roasted coffee bean and the semi-bitter cocoa powder, as if justifying the aroma of cappuccino that everyone feels. Also present are an earthy patchouli and a sweet vanilla, a must-have inheritance of the original A*Men.Here the vanilla has the effect of accentuating further the flan pudding mentioned chord.
Out of nowhere, I also feel a cinnamon note, light and hidden behind the other notes, but completing the established "gourmandise" of this perfume.
The base of this perfume, with which the drydown begins, reminds me either of a sweet cappuccino due to the cocoa, coffee and cinnamon notes, or a caramelized vanilla flan pudding, soft and creamy, with a string of bitter caramel and sprinkled with cinnamon.
It's a delicious treat for any gourmand scents lover.
The performance is outstanding. You may get easily 12+ hours of longevity, more than 6 feet of sillage and a projection well above 3 hours.
This is really a top quality fragrance from Thierry Mugler. Just get it before being discontinued or reformulated, but only if you like strong sensations.
AmberScent 4 years ago 6 1
The almond and grapefruit cologne that made me happy
Guerlain is certainly the designer I admire and respect the most. This admiration has been at its full till very recently. with a large group of fragrances I unconditionally love to wear. After blind buying a Guerlain fragrance for the first time quite some years ago (L'Instant EDT vintage), I just went on blind buying other Guerlain colognes and increasing my happiness with this brand.
Last year I bought "L'Homme Ideal" EDT and, although I was not disapointed, I was not over enthusiastic about it as I expected. The reason seemed simple to me. Usually I like strong scents and I should have started by buying the Intense version. Was the pairing of almond and tonka as the main notes, to sweet for me? Well, usually too much sweetness is not a defect for me, so I just held a definite opinion in standby as probably the concentration was the factor to blame.
Later on I bought the Intense version. To my astonishement I was even less enthusiastic with that one. Ok, the concentration changed but the notes changed as well. Have I ever tried a perfume with strong vanilla, almond, cardamom and smoky notes? None that I can recall. Nevertheless I was surprised by my reaction. This was the first smoky scent that did not raise love since the first spray.
Recently I received a decanter of the EDP. I was still not convinced by this third ideal man. At least I reached an obvious conclusion. There was nothing wrong with the EDT, or the EDP or the Intense version. I got used to them now, and learn to love them as any other Guerlain perfume. In fact I may even buy an EDP bottle as soon as my decanter dries up. The issue was that my nose was not used to almond fragrances and it only got worst with the concentration increase together with the blending of more familiar notes to me like tonka, cardamom, vanilla or smoky wood. The fragrances were proposing me scents and accords different from my expectations and my initial reaction was one of rejection.
Decided to clear this doubt I just went ahead blind buying the EDC version. "Colonia di mandorle e pompelmo" was written in the Italian distributor web page where I ordered my flask. It just sounded quite right.
And quite right it was! A lower concentration fragrance, keeping the signature almond note, but introducing more citrus, namely the fantastic natural grapefruit note was just what was needed for a love at first sniff. Currently this is still the fragrance I prefer from this Guerlain Homme Ideal series.

Although I am not a fan of Luca Turin writings I am going to quote him in the L'Homme Idéal Cologne appraisal:
According to "Perfumes: Guide 2018"
L'Homme Ideal Cologne (4 out of 5 stars) grapefruit vetiver
"...The original Homme Ideal was pretty good, and notable for a cleverly constructed drydown with a property that perfumer Thierry Wasser seem to hold the secret to: a weirdly long-lasting freshness. The cologne achieves one of the best grapefruit notes in living memory. To call it a top note would be unfair, because it tapers very slowly as the vetiver takes over. Perhaps the most remarkable thing about this fragrance is what it does not force upon you: oily synthetic sandalwoods, piercing woody-ambers, nauseating barbershop musks, etc. Nice to see old world manners alive and well in an affable, urbane, eminently wearable fragrance. LT".

You see... Both Luca and myself agree on this being a great fragrance!
Just as a quick note, I would like to add that, for my nose, there is a similarity between this fragrance and other sweet and refreshing one, that I really love: Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia - from Acqua di Parma.
AmberScent 4 years ago 6
Browsing noir fragrances in a mall
Today I experimented Azzaro pour Homme Edition Noire at a mall, applying 3 sprays in the back of my hand. It has not been really a test, but I reached some conclusions:
I liked it, although I was expecting a darker scent; It is not really as strikingly black as I expected, but it has an enough black accord to please a dark vampire soul like mine.
It seems to me that it can also be enjoyed by "normal" spicy fragrances lovers and, above all, it seems to address the taste of the original "Azzaro Pour Homme" legion of fans. I do not consider it a similar fragrance of the original Azzaro, but it is certainly a very good "noire" flanker.

Some measurements:
- Longevity = up to 9 Hours
- Sillage = 4~5 feet
- Projection = It projected really well for the first two hours even if the sillage radius was a bit small. It was quite noticeable for the people that passed by me in the mall large corridors.
I sprayed 3 puffs of an expensive fragrance from a different brand (2.5x the price of Azzaro Edition Noire) in the back of my other hand and the longevity/sillage/projection was inferior. I also must remark that it was not as agreable as this one (a matter of personal taste of my wife and I).

Keep your scent high!
AmberScent 4 years ago 4 1
The seductive obvious option
When I think of class, I may think of luxury, of money and then maybe of decadence. No ... this is not the way. I'll start over.
What if I think about class tied up to seduction and elegance? I can also extend to happiness. Yes ... I like this option more.

Class may make me think of dances, slow dances of an embraced couple, in a seductive environment, with intoxicating aromas, in sumptuous dance halls (music by Sinatra or Aznavour please), undeniably in a great class environment.
And I think whether or not will I fit in that picture. Will I have the requested class to fill in? What will cause the seductive environment? Is it the music? Or our sure dancing and compass movements? My perfume? What will be the aroma around us? ... Yes it makes sense that the fragrance exerts a strong influence on the perception of class and in a seduction environment. In fact I have always heard that a good perfume and class or class and a good perfume are inseparable.
Then what will my perfume be? Certainly it will be a rather masculine, somewhat citrusy and floral, with a semi sweet blend of spices, giving space to cardamom and aromatic resins, a bit woody, and evolving to a strong "noir" final base of dark amber and tobacco... With or without oud? I prefer to choose it later ... sometimes with oud and some other times without oud.
I think this perfume already exists and that I even received compliments while wearing it. I can only think of Versace Man.

It's a shame that Versace Man has been discontinued, but that makes it even more special to me. Well, having two full bottles do help as well. I want it to remain unique, and I say "unique" because I can not think of another designer fragrance with a similar scent. It's dark and rich, and it has a strong scent of moist tobacco leaves, just the way I picture a classy fragrance.
I suppose I may be the one wearing this perfume, confident and well-dressed, in a Mediterranean ballroom or club in Portofino, or Puerto Bañus, or Estoril. Or perhaps dancing at night on a ship cruise under the moonlight and going up the Nile... and always with the beautiful woman I love besides me.
Certainly class, maturity, and conviction, fit completely into this image. By the way, and if I chose the environment in a cruise boat up the Nile, I would add a touch of oud to the perfume, and I would be wearing Versace Oud Noir, a true flanker of the Versace Man.
AmberScent 4 years ago 6
For a smart, gentle and happy man
This is an extraordinary fragrance. Its scent relates to a lot of pleasant feelings like love, festivities, emotions, affection, intimate surroundings, family, warmth, friends... and can be used only by a smartly dressed and happy gentleman.
I liked London from the first spray. It is one of the few perfumes that messed with me since the first whiff. The depth and warmth that emanated, reminded me of a lot of good and personal past memories. It was the first time a perfume had this immediate efect on me. Its aroma seemed to me to be immediately extremely delicious and evoking naturalaccords without resorting to exaggerations of matured fruits, flowers or strong herbal aromas. I immediately felt fresh and sweet spices, pipe tobacco and leather, which to me are smells as natural as earth, air, water and fire (smoke).
If I could describe London in one word, this would be "comfort." This is as much for the city as for the perfume.
I think this fragrance has a personal relationship with me. Usually with the different colognes I use, I try to get compliments from other people. With this precious jewel I want me to please myself. I use it when I want to be self conscious and allow myself to relax. Where? ... after taking a night shower, at a family dinner or with close friends, at night by the fireplace of my living room, at night in my home office. When? ... obligatorily at night.
This is a perfume for the autumn and winter time. Its scent completes the smell of paths through the woods, the earth wet with rain or dew, the yellow and red of the trees and the cinnamon and saffron colored soil by the fallen leaves. You may even face a cold breeze that it will be dominated by the warmth of your overcoat and the London scent.

The perfume opens with an accord of cinnamon and spicy ginger bread. Some moments later a sweet woody Port wine are added together with a leathery scent close to pelt and away from suede. The accords you smell are not sharp scents of an ancient fragrance, not at all. It's a beautiful, calm and natural although a bit coriaceous blending. Tobacco does not take long before it starts to appear and adds even more depth and warmth. It arrives together with a smoth resinous ambery scent of sweet myrrh and a stronger smoky guayacan wood.
Throughout the life of the fragrance, stands out the sweet scent of cinnamon and ambery resins, the sweet woody Port, the smoky tared wood, the pelty leather and the divine moist tobacco. The effect is profoundly rich and masculine.
London performance is low in warm environments, and acceptable in a cold ambiance. This applies either to longevity or sillage (and projection). I do not recommend many sprays at one go. At the most, apply 3 to 4 whiffs on your ears and back of the neck, repeating a lighter application after 4 or 5 hours.

Applying Burberry London within your own space, it's a warm experience full of emotions.
And yes... This perfume is not for grown kids. You better be over 25 to wear and enjoy Burberry London.
16 - 20 by 26