AnamandyAnamandy's Perfume Reviews

Filter & sort
1 - 5 by 53
Anamandy 4 hours ago 1
The Most Perfect Lily
This is a flower blossom bonanza, that's airy and light, yet grounded too. It didn't start out that way though. It started out very strange, and a little hard to describe, like a dank earthiness. I just was not sure where this was going, though it wasn't offensive enough where I felt the urge to wash it off. Just a little dark and weird. Fortunately, that opening salvo passes soon enough to reveal a beautiful floral scent.
This is the most beautiful lily perfume I've ever smelled. Lily is front and center in this scent and has a wonderful earthiness that brings to mind lilies grown in situ. I also love the ambrette in this. It adds a subtle animalic muskiness to this scent that is soooo sexy. But what really sets this apart for me from so many others big floral perfumes of today is the underlying mossiness reminiscent of vintage perfumes of the past. I had no idea where that was coming from until I looked more closely at the note profile. Honestly, I was still a little perplexed until I read up on the note Cabreuva. I've never smelled that note in any perfume before but am enchanted by what it adds to this scent, which is an earthy mossiness similar to oakmoss, yet lacking that note's greenness. Between it, and the ambrette, it provides this beautiful musky, mossy base from where the floral notes float around it. And while silage does go down to a discrete level, I was aware of it and catching lovely wafts all day. Just beautiful!
Anamandy 21 days ago 1
A New Manufacturer
This fragrance is now being made yet again by Eternal Fragrances. I think there have been at least 4 (if not more) manufacturers of this fragrance. I saw the latest version on Amazon and the Vermont Country Store where people claimed it smells exactly like the original formula. Maybe the new manufacturer obtained a bottle of the original and had it analyzed for ingredients and recreated it from there. I don't know. As to the bottle I purchased, while I think it is pretty, I'm not overly impressed, and it doesn't smell as some of the reviewers on those sales sites described it. Some think it resembles Carnal Flower? Nope. That it has monster silage? Nope. That it lasts forever? Nope. So, I am questioning the reviews on those sale sites. What I have here is okay, but I've smelled better gardenia perfumes. Liz Taylor's rendition smells better, fresher, and more realistic, and Forever Florals Gardenia even better than that. This has a little bit of sweetness that ET's lacks, but this is also very, very musky. I've never smelled the original, so I have no idea how it compares, but taking this on its own merits, it's nice, but doesn't knock my socks off or have me wanting to rush out to seek a vintage at an inflated price anytime soon.
Anamandy 1 month ago 1
Still a Pretty Swan
I'd forgotten how pretty this is. Several members of my family had worn this at one time or another in the past, though I never did. I'm kind of sorry now that I hadn't. This is a really beautifully blended perfume with the sweetness of pineapple, full-bodied florals, and a dusting of spice. I don't remember how the original formula wore, but I do remember that it had much bigger silage than what I am wearing today. But that could just be that women tended to pile on fragrances years ago with not much regard to others around them, whereas I only put on my normal 4 sprays. Is this dated? Certainly, by today's standard it is, but that doesn't make it any less pretty. It's clean, a little powdery, a little spicy, with candied florals, and a touch of tropical fruitiness. What's not to like?
Anamandy 2 months ago 1
Lives Up to Its Name
This scent comes alive in the heat. There are not many scents that can stand up to extreme heat, but this can. I happen not to like this fragrance in the winter or cooler months. It doesn't smell good to me. The jasmine comes off as slightly metallic, the opening is too peppery, and the ambrette is completely MIA on my skin. The composition as a whole takes on a woody stiffness from the cedar. But apply this on a hot day, and it becomes a whole different fragrance. The jasmine sparkles; the ambrette adds a delicate muskiness; barely discernable cedar a solid base; and the pepper note, so sneeze inducing before, adds a subtle contrast between the sweet jasmine and the sensual ambrette. Then this fragrance really lives up to its name - Beauty!

Delicate but not shallow; minimalist but not simplistic. A clean, elegant scent that is deceptively complex despite the limited note profile. I just love it this time of year.
Anamandy 2 months ago 2
Best Version for Warm Weather Wear
I have the eau de parfum and even though I love it, I don't reach for it outside of winter because it is a little too jammy and heavy on the amber for me. In this version the amber is toned way down, which makes it perfect for warm weather wear. It still smells like Stella, but it's not as heavy or oppressive in the heat. It's brighter and has a citrus fizzy quality, thanks to the citrus, freesia, and violet leaf which really compliments the Bulgarian rose.
At the time I purchased this it was winter, and I thought it was too light, but it really pops in the heat and surrounds me with beautiful, soft silage that lasts until I wash it off. It's bright, cheerful, and just plain pretty. If you want to wear a rose scent that isn't too much on warm days this is a nice one to try. I also found Paul Smith's Rose, Kardashian's Fleur Fatale, and Annick Goutel's Ce Soir Ou Jamais eau de toilette perfect for warm weather wear, though different rose varieties are used. But, just like the different roses in my garden, I love them all.
1 - 5 by 53