AnamandyAnamandy's Perfume Reviews

Filter & sort
6 - 10 by 54
Anamandy 3 months ago 2
Best Version for Warm Weather Wear
I have the eau de parfum and even though I love it, I don't reach for it outside of winter because it is a little too jammy and heavy on the amber for me. In this version the amber is toned way down, which makes it perfect for warm weather wear. It still smells like Stella, but it's not as heavy or oppressive in the heat. It's brighter and has a citrus fizzy quality, thanks to the citrus, freesia, and violet leaf which really compliments the Bulgarian rose.
At the time I purchased this it was winter, and I thought it was too light, but it really pops in the heat and surrounds me with beautiful, soft silage that lasts until I wash it off. It's bright, cheerful, and just plain pretty. If you want to wear a rose scent that isn't too much on warm days this is a nice one to try. I also found Paul Smith's Rose, Kardashian's Fleur Fatale, and Annick Goutel's Ce Soir Ou Jamais eau de toilette perfect for warm weather wear, though different rose varieties are used. But, just like the different roses in my garden, I love them all.
Anamandy 3 months ago 3
Liquid Gold
I'm very surprised by how much I really like this honey sweet floral. Surprised because with a name like that who'd have thought this would be a shimmery golden little number. I love all the notes listed, even my nemesis freesia, as it adds a sparkling, sunniness to this composition. I also love how the buttery tiara and sweet and spicy hawthorn pair so well with the honey, creating this creamy, lightly tropical scent, that doesn't bring to mind anything else I've smelled before or in my wardrobe. That makes it special and unique for me.
While it does have soft, close to the skin silage, I was very aware of it as I kept receiving gentle wafts every time I moved. And lasting all day is another thing I like because it has great longevity on me. Though I think this can be worn all year long, as of now I find It works beautifully in the heat, surrounding me with a golden aura. Maybe Chanel should have named this after another color and called it Gold, because that's what it conjures up - Gold!
Anamandy 3 months ago 1
Lovely Powder Flowers
I love powdery perfumes and when I read about this fragrance, I knew I had to try it. Being positive I would love it, I decided to buy a bottle blind without trying first when I came across a sale from a department store online.
On receiving it, I was so disappointed at first. I found it so chemical, it was a turnoff. I don't know what it is with Montale fragrances, but too many of them strike me that way as soon as I spray. For some unknown reason to me now, I didn't return it, but stuck it in my perfume cabinet and forgot about it.
We've been having unseasonably cool weather here in the NE, United States, and so I haven't been wearing fragrances I normally do for warm weather. I spotted this bottle in the back of my cabinet and decided to give it another go. And I am so glad I did. Beautiful powdery florals and lightly sweet tonka. Best yet, this no longer smells synthetic to me. I don't know if maybe it had to sit around for a while, or maybe my nose was off the first time I tried it, but whatever the case I am no longer having that issue.
I know some have compared this to Teint de Neige and Al Hariman's Junoon, and while it does remind me of both fragrances to a degree, this is much more delicate and softer, and the florals more pronounced, particularly the jasmine and rose. Don't get me wrong, I love both Teint de Neige and Al Hariman's Junoon, but one spray too many and you and the floral notes are buried under a pile of powder that can feel heavy and oppressive. This is much lighter and airier than that. A few sprays gave gorgeous silage that had me in powdery floral heaven all day. I am so glad I didn't get rid of this after all.
Anamandy 3 months ago 2
Love at First Sniff
As soon as I smelled this I fell in love. Beautifully aromatic, herbal, zesty, airy and refined, and with a vanilla to die for. The only downside is I wish it were just a little bit stronger and longer lasting. Still, I find it refreshing and invigorating, and so full of sunshine and happiness that I don't mind reapplying when needed. For me this magic elixir is like an antidepressant in a bottle whose scent makes me feel very upbeat and happy. And what could be better than that! I absolutely adore this fantastic scent.
Anamandy 5 months ago 1
Green Freshie
I received a free bottle of this by accident. I was looking for a rose fragrance and someone told me about Historiae Rose, which I ordered on Amazon. By accident the seller sent me Hameau de la Reine. When I contacted the vendor, she told me to keep it for the inconvenience and sent out the rose perfume. While I think this is a very nice, green freshie, it really feels too masculine for me. It almost has the freshness of an aftershave.
I've since passed this one along to my nephew who appreciates it more than I do.
6 - 10 by 54