AromaPathAromaPath's Perfume Reviews

Filter & sort
1 - 5 by 24
AromaPath 1 year ago 1
Sillage says everything
I knew House of Sillage from their previous creations. As soon as collection “Whispers in the Garden” hit the market, I purchased their samples. Most of them are very easy to wear and have light floral scents, but “Whispers of truth” is different story. It came few years ago, but right away it become absolute hit among company’s admirers. Prices for remaining collection can easily go down to $145-180 per cup cake, but this one stays the same $495 no matter what and I understand why. If you like Baccarat rouge 540, but can’t stand their medicinal, very heavy ambroxan notes, this composition have gorgeous citrusy-floral-caramel vibe. This one is luxury Baccarat dupe, that lasts all day. I love that it is truly stands to its name and literally whispers the truth about yourself, letting your personality shine, without being overwhelming hit to your surroundings. Amazingly done composition and it is a pleasure to see new cupcakes versions through out the years developing into series of scents. New perfume stands a part from remaining 6 bottles, with colourful pastel decor with original Swarovski Crystals. It could be beautiful gift for someone dear to your heart. It can be used for special occasions to stand out among the crowd without powerful dominance. When person leaves, sillage stays to whisper the truth.
AromaPath 1 year ago 3
Surprising similarities
I tried "173 Candy" and "Dama Bianca" by Xerjoff and I found lot's of similarities:

1. Great plus for "173 Candy" is longevity. "Dama Bianca" lacks that.
2. "173 Candy" dries down with great vanila & powdery notes. "Dama Bianca" have more vanilla and crushed violets notes on dry down.
3. "173 Candy" name is very deceiving, because it is more floral & ambery perfume, then anything fruity-sweet, candy gourmand.
4. “173 Candy” have great freesia notes. My friend, few weeks ago, gave me fresh freesia stems and scent is very similar in this perfume.
5. Sillage with “Candy” is very moderate, not overpowering. “Dama Bianca” invites you almost to lean towards the scent, it is that hardly noticeable.

I tried them by pure accident and I would prefer to buy "173 Candy" then "Dama Bianca", because it lasts longer and costs 3 times less. I think “173 Candy” might have a chance to survive this massive perfume avalanche with smell a like flankers. Of course they are different, but at the same time so many components are almost identical.
AromaPath 1 year ago 2
Little drop of "Need you now"
I used to love listening hit made by Lady Antebellum - "Need You Now". After first sprays of this scent I thought that scene from that video clip was perfectly done for advertisement of "Baraonda". It is little bit on pricy side, but if you have chance to order "The God Father" by Alexandria Fragrances, you will be in great luck to get it for very decent price. Their pyramids are almost identical. Whisky + Ambroxan + Rose are the top 3 notes that hunts you for hours. Very boozy, woody and masculine fragrance. I love wearing "Treson La Nuit Nude" by Lancome and see ambroxan very similar with these two perfumes, but I can't see myself wearing "Baraonda". I'm my opinion, whisky notes are little bit overpowering for feminine scent. It is more dreamy, distant experience, that you only want to encounter, but you never will. This house makes surprising fragrances and “Baraonda” is one of them, it will confuse you for a minute, but it's full of character, boldness and longevity that lasts for hours. Be moderate on your applications. One drop is enough to make a statement.
AromaPath 1 year ago 1
Fresh as a Spring
How to compare the clarity of a diamond? Perhaps with crystal clear spring water. When you drink that water and still want to drink. First impressions are deceiving. Wait until the scent gives off a light sillage. Here you will hear: black currants, lilies of the valley, mint, light pineapple and marine notes. It is impossible to overdo it with it. This scent is for every day and is good in cool Spring weather. As the first streams are full of clear melted water, so your brilliant will play with all colors, without suppressing your individuality.
AromaPath 2 years ago 2
Splash of million roses in one bottle
Year 2000 I remember was brightened with “ 2000 et Une Rôse”. Creators used three types of roses in order to celebrate very special moment in history. I ordered mine directly from Lancome’s online store. It felt like millions of roses were collected in cute, small bottle. Oh, well, not a million, but 1001 to be exact. If you ever need perfume with unique rose scent, look no further and try to find this discontinued gem. New formula is not the same. “Mille et Une Roses” have about the same notes, but they all came in completely new scent. This scent always will be kept in my heart.
1 - 5 by 24