AspvlAspvl's Perfume Reviews

1 - 5 of 18
Aspvl 1 year ago 2

Strange and Unique
This opening, let me tell you, is amongst one of the strangest I've smelt. It smells of sweat, of spices and heat. I think the pimento leaf and saffron together with the violet leaf are responsible for this sweaty metallic opening.

After 10 min everything changes and I start to get the violet and musk. It becomes quite beautiful, but this phase is sadly short-lived. After this, I get astonishing resemblances to 2 scents: Prada Infusion d'Homme and Aqua Velva. Yes, call me crazy, I believe these 3 scents share a part of their drydown: musky, slightly minty and mossy. Of course with different volumes on each of these notes.

Unique and constantly changing scent. I don't get a lot of oud, but I believe it might help to bring out some gasoline-y/metallic vibes of the violet a bit more, since oud can be quite piercing as well.

Aspvl 1 year ago 2

The 90s scent
Experiencing it for the first time in 2020: it's definitely nothing amazing, but I do get why this is considered a great scent.

To me, though differences in scent are obvious, I believe it paved the way for scents like Tommy Hilfiger, for example. Joop! Nightflight is very smooth, everything is polished. No overbearing sweetness or cleanliness. Everything is in perfect harmony. Creamy, slightly sweet, but also citrusy.

Bourdon is a trend-setter: he, once again, foresaw and did better than everybody else, what can I say...

Aspvl 1 year ago 3

Truly one of a kind
I have never smelt anything like Wrappings. To my nose it is much more interesting than Aromatics Elixir. It's so unusual, awkward and peculiar! A true gem. It's really a shame that Clinique only releases it next to Christmas time.

The opening can scare you, beware. It's a clash of green and blue, of white and brown. Masterpiece!

Aspvl 1 year ago 1

Incredible quality for price
I am amazed with the price-quality ratio. Sultan is relatively unique, fresh, and sexy at the same time. And this without ever falling into bubblegum territory, which I absolutely hate.

The feel of Sultan's freshness is quite camphoreous, but you don't smell any camphoreous notes. It's quite amazing.

3mL of this oil are gonna last me for so long and I only payed like 3€. It's mind boggling to be honest. Blind buy it, you have absoultely nothing to lose here.

Aspvl 1 year ago 1

Old school soapy?
Very nice soapy, clean and elegant scent. Daniela Andrier manages to work the soapy theme in different ways and this one is very well done.

One thing I don't see often mentioned when people review this perfume is it's soft old-school vibe. At a certain point in it's life span, it does remind me of very suave traces of old-school aftershave that have been mixed with a soft skin musky smell.

1 - 5 of 18