BarbalixBarbalix's Perfume Reviews

1 - 5 of 27
Barbalix 9 months ago 1

Very berry
It says that in the top notes are pink pepper, osmanthus and bergamot but honestly I am not sure. in this.

After the initial spray, all I could detect were the raspberry and heliotrope notes with some supporting side accords. The raspberry note seems quite pretty and enjoyable, after a few minutes the rose note came up, sadly this has nothing to do with the real rose de mai, or if it has, something got really wrong. Musk, amber and orris are already here, only after 10 minutes of the first sprays, a hint of smoke coming from the sandalwood.

It has a moderate sillage and longevity on my skin, it is more feminine than masculine fragrance. In overall it is a mixed bag of a fruity failure, sadly the whole Essential line is not able to fit in the luxury of Jacques Fath`s name.

Barbalix 9 months ago

Honey and cumin
The fragrance starts with neroli and citrus blast, and as usually in this line the top notes fade away very quickly. The blend continues with a stronger mimosa and cumin accord, for a second I thought there is something animalic in this fragrance, the mimosa, cumin, honey and sandalwood made it a bit harsh in the drydown, it was very interesting to my nose, this one tricked me really good. Noting animalic here, except the synthetic musk note in the base.

I like the compositon very much, the mimosa and cuming combination was nice and unusual in this form. Good sillage and longevity on my skin, feminine leaning fragrance. Sample it first, I really don`t see what kind of occasion should fit for this fragrance.

Barbalix 9 months ago 1

Pretty Whiskey
Such a pretty spicy whiskey scent - shame again that it becomes a skin scent so fast for this price tag, and after and hour, or two, it just disappears.

Such a beautiful whiskey, patchouli, hauntingly seductive sandalwood and immortelle blend. At the beginning is has a very strong projection, but the longevity is very short. So far, as a scent, this is the best one from the line. It reminds me a bit of Homoelegans Tadzio, it has the same style but the quality is much higher there.

I thought that I may have some problem with my nose as I felt that all the tested fragrances from the essential line disappeared so quickly on my skin, but after checking some comments on them I realized that it is not only me who had performance issues...

I liked the fragrance very much, I think it is very sexy and masculine leaning, pity that is has a short, 2-3 hours live.

Barbalix 9 months ago

A storm in fall
Tempête d’Automne means Storm fall in direct translation. As its name says, it is a fall/early spring fragrance, as most of the notes belongs to colder weather.

The perfume opens with orange-mandarin-bergamot mix with a hint of pink pepper, but they disappear quickly. After the drydown, the middle notes will play the song, and finally you will be able to see something new and good. At this point, cardamon and lavender will give you the searched depth and warmth, and so on the base notes, which are musk, leather, tonka and sandalwood. Milk note is listed also, but I am not able to detect it, only the synthetic sweet musk, which is totally the same one that was used in the other creatins.

It has good longevity and sillage, and it is a totally unisex fragrance. Finally an interesting one from the collection, not breathtaking but enjoyable. Enjoy.

Barbalix 9 months ago 3

Red shoes - truly red
Finally, one of them looks like it will work! The opening was very fresh, clean and sharp, with red berries, grapefruit and black currant.

As it dried down, the ginger, pepper and geranium gave a huge support to the sharp style of this fragrance. Now, I thought that this will be a freshie. I was wrong. After 10 minutes of drying, the base came on the top, which is not necessarily bad, but it was quite strange for me - okay, since I am testing the Essential line, nothing should be strange, quick driedowns, short life of the fragrance pyramide...but, let's go back to the base. Well this is something pretty. It is nothing new, but it is very pretty: patchouli, cashmere wood and musk. They are so well blended.

Finally I can detect the rose as a middle supporting note, some ginger and pepper but without geranium. And finally, something which could be worn. This is more a feminine than masculine fragrance, it has a moderate sillage and longevity on my skin. Quite interesting, so I highly recommend you to try this if you want something unusual.

1 - 5 of 27