Beachgirl2Beachgirl2's Perfume Reviews

1 - 10 of 19

12/11/2014
4 Awards
Wow! I had this perfume for a week and had to return it. It has the strength of a nuclear bomb and lasts all day and into the night until the next morning's shower. And even then I could still smell it on my skin
Oh for the love of all that is good, don't even spray this one time on your body. Maybe once in the air and then run through the mist as fast as you can, really it's that strong!
The first blast is toxically sweet, like all the flowers in the world got together to work out at the gym. After an hour they get horribly sweaty and instead of showering they all decided to use an ancient, 50 year old dusting powder from an antique store. I'm sure someone, somewhere will like this, but it just did not work for me.
All that being said, the bottle is drop dead gorgeous and very unusual

09/16/2013
9 Awards
I adore this fragrance! I notice the opening notes of course of woody spices, incense, patchouli and bitter dark chocolate, but then I just don't care anymore. I loose myself in the fragrance and it overwhelms my senses.

The scent reminds me of a dark primeval forest full of strange, intoxicating and hauntingly beautiful fragrances. Slightly sweet yet very esoteric and compelling. Like rich, sweet woody roots buried beneath the soil in a shadowy wood full of unearthly scents, it speaks to me in a very visceral way.

Pablo Neruda expressed my thoughts better when he wrote " I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul."

08/23/2013
11 Awards
The few sniffs I've had of this in the past did not thoroughly prepare me for for the complete seductive qualities of this perfume. I'd tested it on paper and sprayed a little on my wrist from time to time and thought wow that's really nice. But after taking this beauty home I found I need to use at least 2 or 3 heavy handed sprays to achieve true satisfaction.

Some perfumes smack you in the face before making friends with you. Shalimar however does not want to be your friend, she wants to be your lover. Her goal is to seduce you slowly. Sure, she grabs your attention at first with her citrus opening, but it's pleasant, only slightly seductive like a kiss on the cheek. The opening citrus is not an orangy pop sickle on a stick sweet but rather a dry sophisticated citrus, keeps you interested and craving more.

The vanilla becomes apparent rather quickly, but this particular vanilla does not in any way remind me of today's lovely, sweet beauties. It seems a lot more sophisticated, more refined and softer. The leather notes then enters the room and lies down with the vanilla and other assorted notes like wood and incense. The combination stimulates your imagination, and as it develops on your skin, you feel as if you've been drawn into an erotic dream. I adore this perfume! Longivity and sillage are wonderful. It's not an overpowering sillage though, just seductive enough to lure but still a lady.

3 Awards
Soft, powdery soapy citrus. Definitely unique, and not at all like L. It doesn't strike me as an aquatic scent but yet it seems nautical and does have a beachy feel to it. It's fresh and clean, but yet alluring at the same time. It does have a slight soapy scent to it. But if so, it's the most wonderful, softest creamiest soap that could be purchased. And if I were to make up the notes myself they would be driftwood, sea water, sand, soap, lemon, creamy vanilla, musk.

7 Awards
Whoa baby!! This is very, very strong and lasts forever. It has got to be the strongest perfume I have tried yet. In fact I can't imagine anything stronger. It's spicy and a little sweet. The only spices I think I can identify are the clove, (which stays and never dies on me), the caraway and licorice. Super exotic and very foreign smelling. Someone mentioned an Indian spice marketplace in reviews I've read on other sites, and yes it could very well be what it smells like. I do not smell cinammon or vanilla, but I smell something quite different, perhaps it is the cardamom. It smells wierd and wonderful, but use only one spray. Any more and you will send people running, and it will be very cloying. Could easily be unisex

2 Awards
This reminds me somewhat of Sunset Heat, but so much sweeter.
It smells like there is pineapple in it although it is not listed in the notes. I love that the coconut is in the base notes. This is now my favorite of the Escadas. It reminds me of a Pina Colada on steriods.

5 Awards
There's cool freshness to it but yet at the same time it's warm and earthy. The rose scent strikes me as a fresh cut rose with with thorns on a warm summers day. Sweet and soft but yet there is a citrus zing. I can definitely smell the grapefruit on top. A nice cold slice with sugar on top. Without it, it would probably be just another nice rose scent. The citrus and rose compliment each other so well it's amazing. It feels like a very modern rose, not old fashioned at all. It's also a very cheery, happy scent, but at the same time very romantic. I love the die down, as I get more vanilla in the mix.
The only negative, is the longivity. Maybe an hour on me. I knew this before I bought it, but as I said I was already in love. I always have trouble with perfumes lasting any length of time on my skin, so I will just have to live with it. As I said, it's addictive.
I can reapply if need be.

6 Awards
Ok, this reminds me of sweet, sweet red wine, with jasmine flowers thrown in the pot. Add a few wood chips to the mix. The woody notes become a bit louder in the die down. It's not odd or strange but it is very strong. Because of the strange grape note I would almost consider this a fruity floral. Lasts a long,long time on me which is good because I have a problem with my skin eating perfume. I can definitely smell this perfume hours and hours after applying. I would say it was a "purple" perfume. Gloriously sweet, not harsh in any way. I get no spice and no vanilla. It gets oh so much better in the die down. Sillage is stunning. So you will have to remember to wear just a small amout or it will knock everyone out around you.
Great, wonderful purple bottle. I think if the bottle was in the shape of a big purple flower it would be more of a fit than this strange alien figure.

4 Awards
This is definitely girly girly, sweety sweety. If you are into mysterious or sexy orientals you will probably not like this. There is a very sweet and also kind of harsh top note. Harshness I think comes from the pepper. I have yet to smell the base notes of vanilla and tonka. The middle notes are what I think most people are getting as they don't seem to fade any (at least on me). Rose, peony and geranium are the middle notes and I think that the raspy sweetness is continuing to come from the geranium and peony mostly. It seems to be very strong and lasting and I think some people could find it cloying. However, if you could step away from yourself, say three feet or so, you would probably find it to be much more pleasant. If a person wearing this walked into a room, I think others would just pick up the warm sweet aromas of the florals. I don't think it would come across as sicky sweet to them. I would wear this in the springtime with a sundress and sandals.

12/20/2012
This smells like Coco Puffs at first. Then it becomes a lighter chocolate with vanilla and spices. It loses some of the chocolate in the die down, and becomes more of a spicy musky scent

1 - 10 of 19