BigslyBigsly's Perfume Reviews

1 - 5 by 28
Bigsly 2 months ago 1

It's like a light version of One Man Show Gold Edition.
This is similar and more natural smelling than OMSGE, but it is lighter (and smoother). The cedar note is quite obvious but it's not an iso e super nightmare, thankfully. The atomizer puts out a fine mist so extra sprays may be necessary. Overall, you may not appreciate this one if you already own a few citrus/spicy/woody scents (this one adds a bit of geranium), but it's quite nice and worth the low prices I see it selling for now. Over time it gets slightly powdery and longevity seems at least good. Not sure why they'd call this Air, though Forest Air would make sense to me.

Bigsly 9 months ago 1

Very good for the price!
On Walmart's site I found this: "Ice Red Eau de parfum is a men s cologne launched in 2014. The fragrance is a unique masculine blend with notes that include orchid, labdanum, benzoin, tonka beans, cinnamon, roasted sesame seeds, coumarin and orchid." I get a slightly spiced, vanillic tonka. It's not super sweet, nor does it come across as synthetic. If there's lavender in here, it's a very small amount - could be unisex, but there's a little something to make it "masculine," which I'd guess is some sort of wood aroma chemical. Interestingly, there's a far drydown that's a bit different, sort of like a sugary dessert item, but again, not sickeningly sweet. Though simple, they did a good job (is reasonably strong too!), and I can imagine using it for layering purposes as well.

Bigsly 9 months ago 2

Sort of like Fahrenheit with tobacco instead of the "gasoline note."
I found two descriptions of this scent online, the first being, "A sophisticated combination of spice and musk, Vermeil Double Black is a sensual, masculine fragrance. It is ideal for evening wear. Building upon a rich note of earthy tobacco, this cologne has a strong smoky undertone." The other one said this scent, "...features fruity top notes of black currant, mandarin orange and bergamot laced with galbanum. Heart notes of freesia and lily of the valley incorporate floralcy while violet leaf adds a subtle herbal accord. The cologne is grounded with earthy base notes of cedar, oakmoss, patchouli and musk."

I definitely get tobacco (earthy/dry) and a kind of "dirty" citrus, along with the violet leaf. It lasts a few hours with strength and then it's mostly a dry tobacco-dominant scent at considerably less strength (with the citrus and violet leaf still present). I don't get anything "synthetic" here (like iso e super), nor do I get lavender, but the "smoky undertone" described is not present either, unless they are classifying the tobacco note as such. Overall, an excellent "super cheapo," but clearly not for the young crowd, simpler and less rich/complex as compared to vintage Fahrenheit, but a nice one for those who know what they want. Not sure why "spice and musk" are mentioned, though there could be a little of each. I do get some lily of the valley but the galbanum and freesia are likely subsumed by other, stronger notes. Longevity is at least good. The sprayer puts out a fine mist so you'll likely need to spray more than usual.

Bigsly 10 months ago 1

Similar to vintage Lapidus Pour Homme (1987).
Big difference to me is that this one has a nondescript wood note whereas vintage LPH has a nice sandalwood note (which apparently was replaced by a strong geranium note in a subsequent formulation, which isn't bad but it's almost like a different scent). Perhaps because of this, it almost smells like 70% LPH, 20% Kouros, and 10% unique. My new 100 ml bottle was dated 2011 and costs about $7 total, so needless to say I'm pleased with this purchase!

Bigsly 10 months ago 2

Similar to V&R's Spicebomb, just missing a couple notes.
Though note lists often seem inaccurate, this seems correct. Spicebomb has the same list except with saffron and cinnamon too. Victory is a bit simpler, and I don't get that sharpness or as much spice. I think Victory is also softer and smoother, so it could be a "legere" version of Spicebomb (I have only tried the early batches of it, so for all I know they could be very similar now). Since Victory cost me about $8 for 100 ml, new, it might be a great deal for someone on a tight budget and wants a less potent and sharp version of Spicebomb, though it seems to have less projection.

1 - 5 by 28