BobbyGee

Filter & sort
1 - 5 by 199
BobbyGee 2 days ago 2
Overture
The last fragrance made when Christopher Chong was leaving the company by Karine Vinchon Spehner. Saying goodbye seems to have been successful, and I consider the fragrance to be one of the best from the Amouage brand. A fragrance with atomic persistence that mixes spicy notes of spices, ginger, with bitter-sweet notes of cumin, grapefruit and resinous myrrh.
To all this, leather-animal and smoky incense poured with ... rum was added.
A great fragrance and both could well be released under the Olympic Orchids label. Longevity and projection-very big.
BobbyGee 2 months ago 3
Sarah Baker-Symmetry
A type fragrance ... something similar has already been played somewhere and ...I like it.
Symmetry, which was whipped up by Chris Maurice (https://www.fragrantica.pl/nosy/Chris_Maurice.html), is an interesting combination of the freshness of bergamot and classic cologne with the darker, woody and smoky aroma of cypriol enriched with an interesting and quite large blend of agar. The agar here is given in a European way (I suspect that here we have its interesting and varied blend where high-grade and natural oud is probably not much). On the other hand, this doesn't bother me at all, the fragrance is very well cut, with quite long projection (8 hours) and dark depth in the base. A fragrance of the "for all occasions" kind, in my opinion probably more for men.
BobbyGee 2 months ago 1
Matos/Doraphilia
Usually it’s out of my way with Matos perfumes. I have my (quite critical) opinion about his perfumes. Well ... it's hard, because with so many different perfumes that he creates - I would prefer differently, but for my consolation there are some single fragrances that I like. This is a small example.

Doraphilia is a fragrance that takes me back to the past.
A wardrobe ..., an open wardrobe and a place to play hide and seek ... among the furs and skins hanging there. More precisely - the furs in which the woman walked and on which you can still smell her perfume… floral perfumes.
This is how I perceive this smell. The beginning is quite strong, leather and fur and FLORAL (I can sense violet for sure). Over time, the flowers move away
to the background and fade away, and the most important thing is the smell of fur, lightly rubbed to the skin (not an unpleasant smell) and slightly earthy patchouli.
If Miguel wanted to convey this atmosphere, it was a “hat off the head”, it turned out great for him.
Unisex and fall / winter fragrance.
BobbyGee 3 months ago 2
Strangelove / dead of night
The second of three fragrances from the Strangelove NYC collection that I like. A work also by Christophe Laudamiel. A fragrance at the center of which we also have agar (this time from Borneo) mixed with flowers, which again work well with vanilla and resins to soften the spicier agar opening of the perfume. Here we have jasmine, violet, which I particularly sense, and in the background...rose. The rose here is a quiet background and this blend does not bring to mind the simple and cheap solutions of the "oud+rose" cycle. That is NOT present here. As I mentioned-we have still perceptible vanilla-sweetened resins here. I don't know how Christophe achieved yet another effect, but I can sense smoke here.
I definitely position the fragrance among the top, elegant and smoothed agaric solutions for a wide audience, not just for agarophiles. Lasts a long time- up to 10 hours.
BobbyGee 3 months ago 2
Terry/ Terryfic Oud Extrême
Terryfic Oud Extrême... hm....
1. supposedly oud, and here it is noble, pleasant to the nose and does not reject a person who is unaccustomed to oud (yes we have real oud here)
2. supposedly rose, and it is given in such a way that it does not sound like a typical rose, besides it charms and does not "attack" the nose like most fragrances with rose (especially Far Eastern)
3. supposedly leather, but served in the most elegant and balmy way, like in a branded and expensive boutique.
4. saffron... yes-this one we have here shown in a rather literal way
A great fragrance-elegant, noble, mixed in such a way that there is no single dominant note in it.
A fragrance of the kind "for special occasions", special meetings. In my opinion, unisex, but I think it can smell even more interesting on women.
Initial projection is initially sizable, but after 2 hours it quiets down slightly, while longevity....... mega-12 hours beaten. Be careful not to overdose. Recommended.
1 - 5 by 199