CarboytonyCarboytony's Perfume Reviews

Filter & sort
1 - 5 by 116
Carboytony 7 months ago 1
Ecclesiastically beautiful
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of The Holy Spirit. Amen.

A fitting opening for La Liturgie des Heures.

In Roman Catholicism we believe in the Trinity - God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. If there were an olfactory representation of this (through our incense cum perfume) I think La Liturgie des Heures, Avignon by CdG and Eau Sacrée by Heeley would be the three.

Of these three, this is less dry than Avignon, much less floral than Eau Sacrée, and more of the true fragrance of the wooden pews, ecclesiastical vestments and the incense (think gorgeous frankincense) wafting from the incensor.

Why it took me so long to buy, I'll never know. But this is one of my favorite perfumes now. It is part of my Perfume Trinity. It calms me down, it comforts me and it reminds me to take faith in my imperfect, though chosen faith.
Carboytony 8 months ago 2
Deep and soulful olfactory music
I've finally started to wear the sample set I bought months ago from Pentalogies and I'm smitten. I smelled them on mouillettes and now I'm wearing Étude 1.1 - La Vue as my SOTD. It is just stunning. Clémentine Humeau is the nose behind this enigmatic, deep, soul-stirring scent. It is just a breathtaking work of art, one can hear the symphony behind this parfum.

A heart of Iris, woody and staid lives in this, accented by an almost animalic carrot seed. It opens with the cool twang of elemi, shaded by Cypress branches, dusted with spices of black pepper, cardamom and nutmeg - all with the pop of aldehydes and juniper berries. As we dry down, ethereal cedar becomes prominent, abetted by musky ambrette seed and whiffs of heliotrope.

This is a must buy for me.
Carboytony 2 years ago 1
I do give a fig!
This is a gorgeous milky fig fragrance, sweet yet crisp, soft with an edge. Hints of stately, earthy stone come through, as do Olive and olive wood, which are just amazing notes in perfumery. The oud flexes it's muscles very gently, enhancing the woody notes and giving this a gentle nudge away from a gourmand.

Bravo to the beautiful Dawn Spencer Hurwitz
Carboytony 2 years ago 2
A wonderful opening then quickly disappears.
A double zesty zing of Citron and Petitgrain - liquid sunshine - open this, accented by mere hints of Coriander. Drying into the heart, green Shiso and the green floral of cyclamen comes into play. Musk is my major player in the base, followed by grassy vetiver and dry, woody notes. Sillage on my is decent, but longevity is severely lacking, but this an EdC so.... I also could be a bit dehydrated, so that would reduce longevity as well.
Carboytony 2 years ago 3
Great blind buy, rich and sumptuous
This was a blind buy, and one of my best at that. This is one of my go-to winter scents.
I get what can be interpreted as a chocolate vibe from this. But it's really the beauty of the deliciously inebriating whiskey, mixing with the sweet leafy tobacco, spices and the jolting java note of coffee beans. Into the drydown Piotr adds another warming note: amber. This rich amber is mated with myrrh, labdanum and musk to provide a warm blanket of base notes.
1 - 5 by 116