ChicoRoch1ChicoRoch1's Perfume Reviews

1 - 5 of 55
ChicoRoch1 16 hours ago 2

A gem from Lalique
A dark and deep fragrance in the earthy gothic style that lets the wearer know I'm something different. I did the flanker thing backwards. I bought the extreme version 1st and then i bought this. Usually it's the other way around. Anyway this doesn't get the same love as the flanker. Why I'm not sure. Both are great with the edge going to the flanker but i love them both equally. Longevity is also good on this one. I get a good 8hrs of service and the musky drydown is quite nice. A winner IMB

ChicoRoch1 16 hours ago 1

Didnt care for 4 it at 1st but now im sold
The 1st time I bought this fragrance about a year ago, I took off the top, I smelled it, took a deep breath, exhaled, and said to myself this stuff stinks. And then when it didn't last more than a couple of hours I really didn't like it. After that, it's sat on my shelf for about 9 months just staring at me, begging me to give it another chance, and I said to myself, why not I only wore it once the bottle is really cool I keep hearing really good things about it, so I figured I'd give it another shot. And give it another shot I did. And I wore it about a half a dozen more times. Each time I wore it it got better and better I liked it more and more. The longevity is much better than I realize. I don't know what happened that very first time I put it on. Maybe I was just having a bad day or maybe my mind wasn't with it. All I have to say now is that this stuff is really nice. It lasts all day, the scent is really different maybe that's what I didn't like about it in the beginning. But I gave it another chance and I really really like the smokiness I love the sharpness I love the texture of it. It's different. It may not be for everybody, but I am now a believer. Released in 2015, it is a very good flanker to the original encre Noire. This fragrance is announced as a very masculine, intensive, powerful scent. It has notes of Cypress, Bergamot, Haitian vetiver, incense, orris, benzoin, sandalwood, and patchouli. Put that all together and you have a really Kick-Ass fragrance that is not for everyone but only for the mature gentleman who's not afraid to be different or to take a chance. And the price isn't too bad either. This just goes to show that you can't rush into a decision especially when it comes to a fragrance. I am so glad I didn't sell it or throw it away or give it away. I will say right from the start that this is really good and I did not see it coming as it is something unique and have never smelled anything quite like it before. People who appreciate musk, Woody, dry, linear fragrances will most likely see how unique this really is. However there are going to be plenty of people who don't like it but that's their problem and they have a right to feel that way. That's why when you wear a fragrance you wear it because you like it it's for you nobody else but you. I really am blown away by this fragrance and it just might be in the top five but I need a little bit more time because I have a lot of fragrances in my Arsenal.

ChicoRoch1 3 days ago 2

Harsh opening
A nice green scent with a pineappley opening that gives way to a spicy nutmeg heart. It's a very spicy harsh fragrance that is not for everyone. Bogart green reminds me of a candy popcorn unisex friendly economic type scent with decent longevity. I don't wear this often it's just not one of my favorites. The good news is that you can find it for peanuts. Launched in 2015 i guess you can say it's a modern twist on fougeres. I hate that term MODERN FRAGRANCE. What the hell does that mean anyway? Also it irritates me when i read or hear some dope say it's much more wearable. I mean, what is that? It should not matter when it was made or what notes are in it or this or that. The ONLY thing that should matter is whether or not your NOSE likes it. Just like the saying says to follow your nose. Well follow your nose to Bogart Story Green. A modern fougere indeed. But I'll ALWAYS be partial to the chypre and fougere giants of the 1970s and 1980s. When fragrances were made with REAL ingredients that lasted all day and sometimes into the next and weren't being regulated to death by the draconian communistic IFRA.

ChicoRoch1 4 days ago 1

Nice boozy scent
I actually like this fragrance. Launched in 2008 this is boozy, woody and kinda tropical. Can be worn during the summer strolling on the beach in the tropics. With notes of Lime, Mojito and Mint it's no wonder. A nice combination up front and then it makes it's way down to the base with cedar closing it out. Longevity is average at best but an eau de toilette concentration explains it. Although some edts are beasts this one surely is not. 4 or 5hrs max b4 reapplying. Also it's been discontinued but there's an eau de parfum available, although that's nothing to write home about either. ;)

ChicoRoch1 4 days ago 3

An economical beast
Thallium by Yves de Sistelle is a perfect example of a much cheaper fragrance outperforming an expensive one. This Amber Fougere is a lovely fruity musky scent that gives a whopping 10hrs minimum of longevity. The fragrance set me back no more than &16. I was expecting an awful experience but was plenty surprised. It was so cheap I decided to do a blind buy and it was easy to pull the trigger. This stuff really smells good no kidding it really really smells good it went far beyond my expectations it really is a nice nice clean scent. It has notes of pineapple Bergamot Apple lavender Jasmine Amber musk Cedar and patchouli and it harmonizes greatly. The bottles pretty cool also. I'm not sure when this fragrance came out I can't seem to find out but I'm telling you now go get yourself a bottle of this stuff you will really be surprised

1 - 5 of 55