ControversyControversy's Perfume Reviews

Controversy 7 months ago 2

A classic mystery
Carmen is a perfume that belongs to the category of classic beauties. Carmen is elusive seductive which makes her misunderstood. Unusual and mysterious. Modest, maybe even shy, and at the same time cheeky and provocative. Loved by those who also see her inner beauty, but rejected by others' hatred and jealousy. Nikolay convert the complexity of her beauty in this perfume.
This fragrance is dedicated to Carmen. Anyone who has read Prosper Mérimée's novel, heard Bizet's opera or have seen the magnificent ballet staged by Alberto Alonso knows that it has long inspired many artistic creators in several ways. Does Carmen brings lust or desire in this perfume? Nikolay's words “wear with care” can be confusing for many. I think Carmen can only make you more confident. More precisely, this is a dress that fits perfectly! Carmen is an experienced woman, complex , intriguing, extrovert. She seduces, her aim is to play people off against each other to gain for her own profit. But no one knows what lies hidden behind this competitive behavior ...
Carmen understands how to handle her opponents. She is pure, and whoever is looking for a simple love affair based on lust will be disappointed. Why? Because Carmen desires to be with those who don't want her for her seductive behavior nor for her body. She is you...you are her. Carmen longs for deeper friendship, she is your mirror even when you are in denial. The moment you finally decide that you cannot compete with her, she shows who she really is. Her sharp temperament turns into a rose so beautiful that you have to smell it to believe that it is real.
Carmen brings me back to my inner self. A person who does not mind being alone; enjoying what life has to offer, moment by moment. Carmen develops on my skin as the most warm and soothing companion imaginable, like she's my second skin : it makes my inner glow and my body, mind and soul become one. Some might call it an delusion, but only when the battle is over then the pain will be gone ... Carmen is here to stay. No rivalry but best friends for a lifetime.

Controversy 7 months ago 4

The coziness of being 'home'.
KNUS: It has been so long ago since we had a nice conversation while enjoying a cup of tea, with a slice of the cake you baked. You fold the newspaper and lay it on the corner of the table, you will finish reading it after I'm gone. The coziness of the small kitchen where we have spent so much time together. It is no longer like before...The smell of stewed pears coming your way. The beef is cooking on the stove, no one makes a stew better than you, what is your secret? Is it the spice mix you used? Every time I ask you about the recipe, you answer : I learned it this way from my mom ... that was all. This is her way to invite you to stay for diner. When you walk into the living room there are as always tulips on the coffee table, they are freshly picked, still small but soon they will need a higher vase.
The plants in the windowsill look beautiful, you also have green thumb, the leaves bend to the sun. I'm asking you if the curtains shouldn't be closed to protect the plants from getting burnt ? No, is your answer, they have been used to it all these years, if you change this they will die... There are clocks in every room, even in the hallway. I have never understood this and when I ask you if the ticking and every half hour the striking of those bells does not drive you crazy you look at me as if you see water burning ..Deeply ingrained habits. I still see ashtrays everywhere, despite the fact that for almost 30 years now smoking indoors is something akin to swearing in a church. How old are they actually, probably at least 60 years old ? One of them has never been used because it is way too small. It has been a gift ... it is now showing off in my perfume cabinet next to KNUS...
It has been too long since we have seen and spoken to each other while enjoying a cup of tea ...

KNUS is indeed the reassuring coziness of being 'home', precious moments in time that will always reminds me of being 'home'.
Knus is a word we use a lot in the Netherlands, just like 'gezellig', which has almost the same meaning. Knus means: comfortable, cozy, intimate, atmospheric, nice, friendly, homely, cuddly.