DarkbeatDarkbeat's Perfume Reviews

1 - 10 of 324

11/12/2019
1 Awards
I liked this perfume a lot, it is a rugged leather with a lot of temperament. A difficult fragrance, not liked by everyone, but if you are one of those who like leather, spices and resins in atomic version, you will love it, it has a beautiful eighties vibe, but not suitable for anyone. A strong aroma for people who know what they want, the rest to abstain.

The start is somewhat cooler with sage and basil, but nothing cool for the summer, no, rather something more tame than what comes next. From the first snort the leather is present, but here it is bent even by basil and sage, which give it that fresh and green touch, with a slight balsamic resin reflection. Gradually the leather begins to feel much more intense, accompanied by oud and incense, making the aroma very intense, balsamic, smoked, medicated and very spicy, giving a feeling of rustic and old leather, but of great quality. Perfectly it could be the smell of leather sacks that they use to carry loads of spices on camels, they literally have to smell like this. The aroma is evolving, but this spicy sensation does not lose it, and begins to feel warmer and resinous, roasted and incense, where the leather is still the protagonist, but now, next to a slight animalic touch that rounds a precious leather.

Luckily for those of us who like these aromas, the performance of this perfume is very good, exceeding 10 hours more than my skin, with a very good wake during almost all the development of the perfume. A night perfume for cold or fresh climates.

Intense perfume and not suitable for all audiences, but if you like these aromas, you have to try it, although the price of this jewel is somewhat high, it is not as exaggerated as that of other niches I have tried, and in comparison, I think worth every penny they ask for him.

11/10/2019
1 Awards
V is almost an exact copy of Armani Prive Bois D’encens. It is the same aroma, at an even higher price and with half the content, an absolute impudence. Although, if we are fair, there are a couple of differences regarding Bois D’encens that I would like to point out, minimum, but differences after all:

1- The longevity of this perfume is superior to the Armani perfume, but do not believe that it is much greater, a couple of hours at most, although something is something.

2- The aroma is equal to Bois D'encens, even in its linearity, but there is a small difference at the end of the aroma, which we will not be able to see in Bois D'encens and it does appear in this perfume, and that is, when the aroma You are almost wounded to death, the incense drops in intensity and you can appreciate a very resinous and spicy woody aroma of a beautiful ambarada-vanilla creaminess, the pity is that the fragrance is already in its last rales and is very weak already skin level

The perfume, like that of Armani, is an aroma of amazing liturgical incense, beautiful and addictive, of excellent quality, but if Armani already seemed very expensive, imagine this, which brings half the content and is much Even more expensive ... but as I always say, if you have money left over, it is precious, although I, if I am sincere, prefer Armani for logical reasons.

The duration in skin has been between 8 or 9 hours, with a moderate wake from the beginning. Its use is more appropriate for cold or temperate climates and especially for the night, although on a winter or autumn morning it would not disentangle at all.

11/05/2019
1 Awards
Encre Noire is a beautiful, original and very dark perfume.

Now that I have had the opportunity to try it, thanks to a partner, I fully understand those allusions to the dark, macabre, gothic and phantasmagoric side of the perfume, it is not a joke, it is there, and that decadent and decrepit vibe of a withered floral feels perfectly , musty and agonizing, of an indescribable beauty. In spite of not containing flowers in its composition, the sensation is that… flowers in their last throes of life, scratching every second of life, before falling rendered in the darkness of a vetiver and a cypress tree, which burn in the very flames of hell . A unique and original aroma.

I like the perfume a lot, but, for me, it lacks some forcefulness, I don't know how to explain it, I feel it as very airy or transparent, maybe ethereal, eye! That this does not mean that the perfume has no projection or durability, which is not the case, it is just that, I feel a translucent aroma.

The duration is good, about 6 or 7 hours, with a moderate wake from the beginning, but marking presence very well in the first hours. Its use, I see more appropriate for cool or temperate days and equally wearable both day and night, although for me, its habitat is night.

A very original perfume that goes out of the ordinary, and nothing more than that, it already deserves a test, then its aroma will already take care of conquering you.

11/01/2019
1 Awards

From beginning to end the oud and the incense run through the aroma, with one exception, while the oud remains firm and notorious, the incense is ethereal and vaporous, allowing certain smoky nuances in a soft and mild way. In the beginning, it highlights the freshness of the cypress, the berries, the sage and a slight smoky let, a rough woody beginning, but fresh, balsamic and sweet. Then, the freshness is lost and the spices make their appearance, creating a very spicy and somewhat smoky oud aroma, with a slight touch of exquisite sweet tobacco, in which you can see an ethereal rose vapor that floats in the air and gives the floral counterpoint to so much spice, perfectly balanced. Gradually and coming to an end, the perfume is filled with nuances of resins, sweet, smoked, warm, on which rests an oud accustomed to a very elegant fineness.

The oud of this perfume is not the typical dirty and medicated oud, it is very well executed and it is an intense, spicy and balsamic woody aroma, very of the western taste, so it is a very good option to start to know this wood of East.

The duration has been a shame, having a spectacular aroma, perfectly passable by a niche, its performance is regular high, lasting about 6 or 7 hours in skin, with a moderate wake from the beginning, although somewhat more noticeable at the start. Nor should we be so hard on him, since, although the aroma seems niche, its price is not excessive, so you should not ask the elm pears. It is a night perfume of fresh or temperate climates, which has left me with a very good taste, I do not rule out acquiring a full bottle. I recommend your test.This perfume did not stop recommending me a good friend, and I never paid attention, I do not know, maybe the brand did not attract me enough, but big mistake ... at the end of so much tell me, I bought a 10ml decant on eBay, and here I am today to recommend it to you, lovers of woody orientals, because it is a surprising oriental, in the style of Amouage, but more bearable and westernized, beautiful.

The duration has been a shame, having a spectacular aroma, perfectly passable by a niche, its performance is regular high, lasting about 6 or 7 hours in skin, with a moderate wake from the beginning, although somewhat more noticeable at the start. Nor should we be so hard on him, since, although the aroma seems niche, its price is not excessive. It is a night perfume of fresh or temperate climates, which has left me with a very good taste, I do not rule out acquiring a full bottle. I recommend your test.

11/01/2019
1 Awards
So far the perfume of By kilian that I liked the most. Amber Oud is a resinous, woody, sweet and warm perfume, with a green touch at the beginning, which differentiates it from the rest and makes it extremely interesting.

From the beginning you feel amber and benzoin with a vaporous halo of vanilla, amazing, but at the beginning they are cushioned by a green and fresh sensation. I did not know the note of malagueta, but it has to be she who brings this freshness. This does not last more than 5 minutes and soon, a few nuances of precious amber and benzoin, wrapped in an almost dusty vanilla that oozes an extraordinary elegance, emerge in all its splendor. It is not a gourmand vanilla of current style, it is more, a semi-vanilla, sober and fine vanilla. The aroma gradually loses that dusty sensation and begins to appear woody nuances in the background, which are becoming sharp while the aroma is dying. The end is a very tame oud, nothing wild, westernized to the fullest, resinous, spicy, warm and velvety, with a benzoin and amber, dim, but notorious, of exceptional quality.

The duration has been about 8 hours or so, and its wake is rather moderate from the beginning, a tad more intense at the beginning, but not somewhat exaggerated. It is a warm and resinous perfume of cold or temperate climates and preferably nocturnal, but, for a cold winter morning it is also perfect.

I loved the perfume, but its price is an earthenware that obscures everything else, it is excessive and prohibitive, we go armed robbery. If you are interested, better go for the recharge that is much cheaper, but if you can afford it, go ahead, it is beautiful, to everyone else, better not to try it, because as you like, you are lost lol.

10/22/2019
2 Awards
If yesterday I was disappointed with Velvet & Amber, today I can not be more comfortable wearing Damask Oud, it is a woody perfume, warm, dry and a medicinal tad, but in an almost perfect balance, I love it.

At first he feels shy, almost not seen in the first inspirations, but as the minutes pass, that shyness disappears and we find a shameless, dry, spicy and tenuously medicated Oud, very tamed and balanced by the accompaniment of the pepper and the Papyrus, which gives it that dry character, besides camouflaging its dirty and extreme character very well. Then, rose, saffron and a little incense come into play, which give the oud of this phase a more refined and elegant facet. The rose is not an exaggerated note and is exquisitely fused to the oud, creating a slight floral and spicy aroma, precious. In the end what is left is smoked wood, with many spicy nuances. A woody perfume, distinguished and elegant, that I did not expect to find in this collection.

The performance has been good, about 7 hours in skin, with a moderate wake, it is noted, but it is not something scandalous either. Perfume of cold or temperate climates and exclusively nocturnal.

Regarding this performance I have to add that, according to some Fragrantica.com users, this collection underwent a reformulation in 2015, so all batches from this date have neither the power nor the intensity of the original versions, and to be fair I have to say that my decant is from 2017, so, it must be taken into account when assessing the perfume.

Magnificent perfume, something expensive for the performance you currently have, but if money is no problem, it is a very beautiful aroma.

10/21/2019
3 Awards
Forgive me, yesterday, by mistake, I placed this review on the perfume sheet of Elie Saab Essence Nº3: Ambre, but it is already corrected and I put the review in its correct place, excuse me.

In my obsession with resins, incenses and wood, I came to this "BOSS The Collection", and I found a perfume of amber and vanilla with balsamic nuances, which I like, but that does not convince me.

From the beginning to the end, amber, vanilla and resins are present, it is a velvety aroma, delicate and extremely fragile, I see it as unisex, but with a female vocation, that is, it is a perfume that I would prefer to smell in a woman because of its fragility and Delicacy, although, of course, is totally unisex, this is only a personal appreciation. Despite containing few notes, a linear perfume is not felt, because depending on what phase of the perfume we are in, one note will stand out from the others. In the beginning a balsamic leave stands out, with an almost citrus sensation, which stands out against a very elegant amber and vanilla background. Then, that balsamic leave loses intensity and highlights the amber, sweet and resinous, on a sweet background of somewhat medicated, but mild vanilla. In the end, amber is relegated to the background and what remains on the skin is a fine vanilla with some resinous and balsamic nuances. The perfume as a whole is pretty and elegant, but it is sweetly generic, nothing original and with an exaggerated softness, too ethereal or thin, it lacks body, I don't know if I explain myself, but since I applied it I have that feeling.

The performance is regular, in me, the duration has been about 6 hours with a moderate-low projection, almost flush from the beginning. An aroma of fresh or temperate climates and for both day and night use, although due to its softness it is more appropriate during the day.

The perfume has a magnificent packaging, the box and the bottle are beautiful and quality, but I think it is just a mere ornament to direct attention to the other side and that we do not notice its mediocre content, Eye! I do not intend to offend anyone with this, I just try to objectively comment on a particular product. The aroma is sweet and pretty, but somewhat generic, so I recommend your test before purchase if you can afford it, because otherwise, I do not recommend it, there are better alternatives in the market and at lower prices.

Update: From what I have been able to read in different places, the batches from 2015 of this collection have undergone a reformulation, losing intensity and longevity, they say they feel diluted. My perfume decant is from 2017, so you have to take it into account when assessing it and possibly the cause of such unfortunate performance.

10/12/2019
2 Awards
Review of the 2017 version of this perfume, which was reformulated in January 2018.

This perfume is superb, elegant and of an incredible class, an earthy and tarry fragrance, with woody reflections of unmistakable oud and a heart of amber that falls in love, I have dazzled this aroma so original and out of the lines of the current perfumery.

It is a blunt oil, intense and opulent, that leaves no doubt about its quality, an oil so dense that it looks like honey, and with a smell so natural that tears come to the senses of perceiving such an incredible work. A 10 for Abdul Karim al Faransi.

The output is tremendous, a zas! all over the face of the earth, a rough and hot, tarry earth, with a dirty woody background, which I don't know how to explain, but that leaves me ecstatic, it is incredible with the naturalness that the notes are perceived, without words. Then, little by little, a tad begins to be sweetened by amber, an amber that stays in the background, shading the notes of earth and oud, but making it clear that he is the protagonist, because it is a perfume of amber, but not amber sweet, cloying and excessively sugary, very fashionable today, NO, it is dirty amber, woody, almost mossy, close to the earth and in contact even with the trunk of the tree that saw him born, incredibly natural, dark and with much character. A work of art.

The duration is from another planet, more than 12 hours remaining in the skin, with a very good projection to be an oil, so nothing to object, extraordinary performance.

Because of its intense and dark soul, it is a perfume of cold or fresh climates and exclusively for the night, I do not think it is a good option for the day and even less, if the sun squeezes, but of course, this is subjective, and each one He will use as he pleases.

I love this perfume and I recommend it 100% to those people who like intense, powerful perfumes and with a marked character, the antithesis of the current generic perfumery. The bad thing is that it was reformulated in January 2018, and it is no longer the same, although it is still a great perfume, but I like its first formula, so I keep my small bottle as a treasure.

10/04/2019
2 Awards
Nuit d'Issey is an extremely fresh, young and urban incense, but without losing an iota of elegance, with a very marked masculinity, and an extraordinary cleaning. I really liked this interpretation of the incense, very far from the incenses that I usually consume, but also a very beautiful incense.

The Start is fresh, with a good citrus dose and a fruity touch, and of course, the incense and some leather are beginning to be noticed, but slightly still. Then, the incense begins to have more prominence, but here it is entertained by a leather bottom, with some wood and many spices, which give it a dark and respectable appearance, but keeping that vibe fresh and young. From here, the incense leave is wrapped in a mixture of tonka bean and patchouli, with a slight woody leave very deep. This final part, I would do something generic if not for the touch of incense, which brings the freshness and elegance necessary to not fall into the boring, anyway, it is an exquisite aroma that is reminiscent of others by the duo of tonka and patchouli, but that is still very pretty.

In terms of duration is fine, between 6 and 7 hours in skin, with a moderate projection from the beginning.

Night soul perfume and for cold or temperate climates. His dark heart of leather, spices and incense, which despite having that fresh vibe, is not a scent that I see diurnally, anyway, everyone will use it as they prefer, yes, I think that with the heat it would not be Very good ally.

When I say that this perfume is fresh, I mean that it is an easy to wear and very versatile incense, nothing opulent or loaded like other incense perfumes I know.

10/01/2019
3 Awards
Very economical perfume that has pleasantly surprised me, the truth is that, its notes listed here, attracted me very much, but due to its price, I did not expect much from this perfume, and in the end I have to say, I have to swallow my words . It is an extremely versatile aroma, warm, resinous and delicately woody, with a very controlled sweetness, which has left me quite happy with my new acquisition, to the point that I am already thinking of acquiring another one of this collection that interests me; OUD

I don't know why, but in the first spray, my dear Opium pour Homme of 1995 came to mind, then more calmly you realize that no, but it is true that they share that creamy sweet spot that had the 1995 version of Opium and that today does not have. The fact is that I liked this approach with Opium, although one is not stupid and then it shows that they play in different leagues, of course I do not talk about the version of today, because if not, we would have to talk about the same league. Leaving this issue aside, to tell you that it is a somewhat linear aroma, and I say something, because despite the fact that, from beginning to end it smells the same, a multitude of nuances are noticed, that come and go during its development, that do something else dynamic, and away from the boring, but even so, it shows that his soul is linear, although, yes, a beautiful and pleasant aroma.

The aroma is sweet, warm, resinous, balsamic, somewhat spicy, and I don't know why, but I also notice tinted and fruity nuances, slight, but noticeable, and despite its notes, it is not an opulent or intense perfume, on the contrary, It is soft and very versatile, so much, that I see it perfect for any season of the year and time of day. Its duration is very good, about 6 hours (4 sprays) with a moderate wake from the beginning, if we look at what is worth, you can not ask for more. Highly recommended for people who like sweet oriental style Opium pour homme eau de toilette today (not an exact copy, but yes, similar).

1 - 10 of 324