ElysiumElysium's Perfume Reviews

1 - 10 of 256

12/14/2019
1 Awards
I tested the Scent of Gold on a friend of mine and it appeared opulent for a designer scent. I deem Trussardi has done something delightful with this whole line of niche-like offerings, which further includes Amber Oud and The Black Rose. I ended up purchasing all of them since I wanted to own the entire collection, and I perceived this to be freakish. I knew this brand with its products that have the "old" atmosphere, and this is one of the best new ones.

First things first, the Scent of Gold bottle is very elegant, has the typical shape of Trussardi perfumes, similar to a flask, the color is light gold, while the cap, the sprayer, and the two sidebands are in rosy metal.

What to say about the perfume? The Scent of Gold welcomes you with an unexpected slight sour blast in the first few minutes but it disappears rapidly. I assume it's induced by plums or better prunol. There is a boozy accord that evokes the Slivovitz, an eau-de-vie distilled from plums, a sort of old-country grappa produced in Central and Eastern Europe. Prunol smells like candied and dried plum with its floriental balsamic gourmand accord similar to that of the orchid. It has a deep sweetness that feels like brown sugar or molasses. There is creamy bergamot blended with spicy true cinnamon bark, which has a mild, subtle, citrusy and zesty aroma, ain't no strong as in Potion by Dsquared2, which is plenty of coumarins. Though the opening is unmistakably plummy, the jammy sweetness of stone fruit tempered by mild notes of bergamot and cinnamon, but not dominant.

The lovely dried fruit accord tones down in a while and lets room for sweet-smelling tobacco and floral nuances of jasmine and moistened violet leaves. It is not all too sweetish, but opulent and mysterious. At this stage, I catch an aspect that is present in TF Black Orchid, unless Scent of Gold is not a clone of that.

Roughly half an hour later the tobacco turns dry and becomes truly pleasant. The vanilla starts raising but does not take the gourmand vibe, ain't a gourmet bourbon vanilla as in pastry cream, yet a more sensual one, moderated by modern patchouli and smoky, balsamic, and resinous rock rose. The former two are clearly perceivable if you put your nose almost close to the skin, while the latter is the amber aura that surrounds you for a few hours.

Both sillage and longevity are moderate. It might start slightly overpowering, but then it calms down and does not disturb people around you. It will be a great choice for days and evenings in cool weather.

12/10/2019
2 Awards
First things first, Abelmoschus moschatus also known as ambrette seeds, Musk mallow, or Musk seeds is an aromatic and medicinal plant native to India. The ambrette seeds have a sweet, flowery, heavy fragrance similar to that of musk, and derives its name due to the musk-like fragrance of its flower. The seed is processed by either steam distillation, carbon dioxide or solvent extraction, producing an extract that is distinctive and musky with waxy undertones, almost like human skin, sweet, nutty, slightly floral and salty all at once.
The first time I met ambrette was when I came across B. by Balenciaga. That mysterious woody musky odor captivated me instantly, it was something I had never smelled before. The strength of ambrette seed cannot be understated, its flavor can be detected in a blend at just one part per ten million and its aroma can be detected throughout the entire drydown of a perfume!

Even so, what is White Soho all about? The ZARA official website mentions three main notes, i.e. musk mallow, iris, and blond woods. White SoHo opens with a musky-powdery duet that I adore, the accord from iris and ambrette is so noble and brave at the same time, they are like the Beauty and the Beast, excellent for one another, giving the overall tone of an earthy iris scent. There is a tad of ink and ash in there, a sort of cold and dark aspect. Sniffing the primary dusty note of the orris one might be induced to liken this cologne to Dior Homme Intense or Valentino Uomo Intense, but White SoHo is not akin to any of the two. Here the iris does not smell as buttery as lipstick or makeup stuff, a signature of the aforementioned designer colognes, yet it is woodier and muskier thanks to the ambrette seeds that have a sweet, flowery, heavy fragrance similar to that of musk, ain't no animal musk, sometimes a bit boozy with nuances of fine cognac. I surmise, but I am not sure, that musk mallow seed oil here is mostly replaced by various synthetic musks due to its high cost, i.e. ambrettolide.

Then it has a woody character with musky tones, it's much softer. The drydown introduces the other core components in the development of this creation: a lovely delicate powdery iris, unique and fairly rich in texture, very clean, with a touch of sweetness, but still musky and woody. It also has a soft buttery leather quality, a mild smokiness, and creaminess from the cashmeran, sandal, guaiac wood, or "white woods" as mentioned in the pyramid note. Hence, the dry down is an incredibly complex mix of "furry" textures that are woody, dry, spicy, clean, slightly vegetal and mildly animalic, sometimes smoky, sometimes leathery, sometimes buttery, kind of sexy and very dark and then leading to much cleaner soapy musk, and back again.

I get moderate sillage, which is spot-on for rocking the cologne at work, and moderate longevity on my skin, maybe a new application might help if you like to smell good up to the evening. Whilst this rather simple autumnal scent is not hiding a considerable use of synthetic notes, they are done not too badly, and they are very smoothly blended. White SoHo is overall a dry, masculine scent that is a little too underwhelming in cold weather, but in early autumn it shines. I like my cold weather scents a bit sweeter, amber, leathery, and smoky.

Side note: if you are familiar with ZARA fragrances, you will find a similitude between the masculine White SoHo and the feminine A Perfume in Rose, the woody muskiness is identical.

12/09/2019
1 Awards
First things first, I'm not wired, people. I'm serious. I'm sitting here polishing some shoes and it occurred to me that I like the smell of shoe polish. I mean, I don't go around 'huffing' it and there is such a thing as too much, but this stuff is so damn good. You may be wondering what shoe polish has to do with all this, and you will find out right soon if you stay with me.

That said, Cool Heights belongs to the ZARA New York trilogy collection, together with White SoHo and Greenery. The opening of Cool Heights is all about fruity and citrus accord, it is fresh, I get a sort of sweetish berries, cherries, and plenty of oranges citrus peel and juice aroma. After trying it at the store, it took me 2-3 hours to figure out what this is similar to. Albeit I've seen many people comparing this with Paco Rabanne Black XS, that feeling is only at the opening for a little while. There is even a spicy edge in the opening, the Sichuan peppercorn characteristic smell stands out. Then, Cool Heights takes a different path and vibe and turns into a fragrance full of woody and smoky subtleties.

About 10 minutes later, the heart begins unveiling its notes, a watery violet appears with fresh and wet facets, yet not aquatic in a salty or marine manner. And here I got the biggest surprise, Cool Heights emanates a lovely mild leather odor, which is ain't reminiscent of a leather jacket or suede glows, but a kind of like freshly polished boots. There is a hint of shoe polish or boot polish odor, smelling like turpentine, tasting like gum, something akin to carnauba wax and Stoddard solvent, with the chemicals so strong that inhaling them produces dizziness and giddiness as huffing gasoline. I hope I haven't frightened you because this feeling is anything but unpleasant.

The dry down is supposed to be nothing but sweetish amber since one of the listed notes is the roasted tonka. Though, at least on my skin, Cool Heights releases a trail full of smoky, dry, and sulfurous woody accords. None of the following notes are listed, yet I get a blending among fumy incense, mild spices, and gentle patchouli which over the fruity notes unfold their effects to mold the ultimate aroma. After a slew of hours, a more comfortable incense vibe keeps rising in the air, yet not a church-like olibanum. The very final trail reminds Vibrant Leather, the leather note is alike.

I have to be honest, this is way more quality smelling than what I expected and it is one of the longest-lasting Zara I’ve ever tried, the performance is around all day long if you wear it as an office scent, whereas the sillage is pretty much close to the skin. I sprayed a few whiffs yesterday evening before going out for dinner, and with my big surprise, it was the first thing I smelt when I woke up this morning and took off my t-shirt. In my humble opinion, Cool Heights is for women and men alike. A natural composition that speaks of culture and wisdom. A scent that is deep, elegant, glorious, and sophisticated, a fragrance for lovers of niche houses with complex, dark, smokey nuances. Of course, cool months of Autumn are the best period for wearing this violet juice, both during the day and evening.

12/07/2019
1 Awards
My first Prada perfume was Amber pour Homme. I still remember when that light purplish water came to store, its powdery-sweet-soapy-fresh accord drew me instantly. There were no iris in there, yet the dustiness, creaminess, and butter-ness were so dominant, the kind of redolence that floods the room where you stayed, with no comparable siblings at that time. In hindsight, I realized I was going through Nirvanolides molecule, with its intense musky, fruity, powdery, soapy odor with lactonic nuances.

So, today I have another record from the Prada range of men’s fragrances, and one of the flankers to the original Prada L’Homme: Prada L’Homme Intense. A more deep version of the original fragrance, this is an alluring woody scent for men, floriental I would say. It's creamier, for one, and much more pungent and heady while the first was light and almost ethereal. It has the equivalent DNA of the original, yet three assertive notes stand out, viz leather, patchouli, and roasted tonka. Even though the last years saw new original releases from the major designers (Dior Sauvage, Saint Laurent Y, Prada L’Homme), they have been tormented with practically no creativity. We’ve been seeing the same focus-group approved crowd-pleasers that smell mostly the same, with main notes that turn around synthetic ambroxan and iso-e super. Of course, I love both, yet the different designer scents, in the end, result in a sort of deja-vu.

L'Homme Intense begins with that familiar buttery iris note, with its powdery aroma, and a glowing amber accord plus smoothly rich leather, which makes it fascinating. More, there is a touch of patchouli and the blend smells unusual in a good way. It’s very nice and has a striking darker profile than does the original L’Homme. The initial notes of L’Homme Intense smell surprising good. The quality iris is unmistakable in the opening.

The middle notes of leather and patchouli give it a distinctly masculine smell. It’s so classy and smooth, with the leather and amber, being the next most powerful notes. Though, I’d put the amber at number three. From here, it is pretty linear and doesn’t develop much beyond this.

Further along in the wear, I get to hit a base of sandalwood and tonka bean that finish it out with a hint the orient. Sweet tonka takes over. The accord is pleasant but I didn’t expect it to dominate the composition so quickly. I really appreciate how subtle these later notes are and how they simply enhance the overall vibe of an already fantastic smelling cologne. Unexpectedly, I detected a faint scent of creamy iris. It's subtle and unobtrusive. Anyhow, I smell a stronger presence of vanilla, likely the listed amber accord.

This scent is clean, warm, and sweet with the inclusion of a roasted tonka bean note for good measure. I like how dry the composition is and how the amber sort of soaks the iris. Projection wise, I find the sillage to be on the upper end of moderate. It’s not a heavy scent, but it projects well, just not crazy so. The performance is very good, regardless, and you or other people will notice this juice on you. The longevity for me hits around several hours, which is great for just about any purpose. Seasonally, L’Homme Intense strikes me as a cold-weather scent, with the ability to be worn in more mild warmth. I do feel it is a bit more limited than the original L’Homme, in this regard, but if you want to wear it at its absolute best, it should be colder. I think it is an amazing fragrance. It’s got enough closeness to the original to be familiar, while also adding new elements, to stand on its own.

12/03/2019
1 Awards
Approximately one year ago, I was looking for a B-day present for a friend of mine. Considering I knew he likes colognes, I visited a perfume store and stumbled into this brand-new release from Pepe Jeans. Indeed, I was very lucky as there was a gift set sold at a ridiculous price, the metallic box was holding a cologne and a shower gel. I just tested it on a paper strip and, right of the bat, I concluded it was a gift for myself, either. I found it surprisingly good for the price.

Notwithstanding Pepe Jeans for Him is a cheapie, for a cheapie it smells pretty good, without the blast of alcohol in the opening. On the contrary, the opening smells very good, luscious, fruity and citrus. It is crispy, elegant, with a refined gentlemanly freshness. To begin with, the bottle is like no other, a cocktail shaker-shaped bottle, with a light blue denim glass with ashlar decoration, and a silver-plated cap. A gorgeous looking bottle and fabulous scent. The fact that the essence inside smells good is just icing on the cake.

Pepe Jeans for Him greets you with the familiar citrus combo of bright bergamot and mandarin, plus a touch of naughty pineapple, something "Creedish" you might guess. Though I surmise, I am not sure, that Pepe Jeans has some resemblance to another popular club fragrance and sits in the same room as Versace Eros, besides they share a few notes like citrus, vanilla, wood, and amberwood. Don't get me wrong, Pepe Jeans for Him is not a rip-off of Versace Eros, they just share a similar DNA and vibe. The opening is moderately similar, yet Versace has a prominent minty accord that lasts through all the heart and keeps the two of them apart.

Let the sparkling zestiness calm down a bit, and an aromatic lavender essence dominates the heart before revealing original, bold notes of coffee liqueur. Here the coffee aroma is not reminiscent of roasted beans or espresso as in Intense Café by Montale or Uomo Signature by Ferragamo, yet it is all too nutty, chocolaty, caramelly as in Ferrero Pocket Coffee, a praline of Italian liquid espresso with an outer shell of amazing bittersweet dark chocolate. The heart has even a spicy twist thanks to the presence of nutmeg, one of my favs spices.

The base is all about a modern woody structure that highlights the manly aspect. Candied and amber note in symbiosis with an elegant woody part of cedar, ambergris, a sort of dry dusty amber compound the dry down, that's Amberwood molecule combined with the addictive grace of an oriental harmony of lukewarm vanilla and boozy coffee. Again, it's fairly sweet, but it has a very good dimension of depth because of the coffee. It doesn't smell like a cup of black coffee, but it smells like a semi-deep, nonexclusive citrus-spicy frag.

If you're anything like me, and you like Versace Eros, you'll appreciate the beauty and boldness of Pepe Jeans for Him. I am rocking it today, the 3rd of December, and I think it is perfect for these last days of autumn. Maybe, good occasions are evenings and nights out, but no one will be bothered if you decide to wear it at the office. There’s no out of place or dissonant notes, there aren’t any flashes or parts of it which come off loudly artificial or vexatious, and it performs very well. Pepe Jeans for Him accomplishes its theme properly and offers a very good low-price option in this style and popular category of scent.

12/02/2019
1 Awards
I was walking around the shops on the Black Friday event and I came across Pepe Jeans Celebrate for Her, which was among the news and discounted for the occasion. The clerk I know well told me that there was the for Him pair, either, and brought me the tester and a paper strip drenched of that juice. First things first, the bottle likens the original, a cocktail shaker-shaped bottle, yet with a darker blue navy glass and a golden cap, which will stand out among other fragrances on your shelf.

That said, as I moved the strip close to my nose, an aroma formed by fresh citrus Caribbean lime and fruity blackcurrant, with its tart and sweetness that projects as a spicy-fruity-woody note retaining a fresh, yet tangy nuance, reached my nostrils. The more I breathed the redolence radiated by the strip the more I was captivated by it. If you are familiar with its predecessor, you will find the opening less sweetish, the blackcurrant berries replacing the pineapple pulp keeps the aroma fruity yet a bit sourer. Think about a bowl full of freshly-shelled berries flooded by freshly-squeezed lime juice. Here we go.

But that was only the opening and when those citrus notes faded away, a beautiful show took place. Like many of the modern colognes, Celebrate for Him revealed a gourmand facet in the heart, rich of cocoa pods akin to a barrel of pure black chocolate, the cinnamon and the tonka adding the right touch of spiciness and sweetness. As time goes by, refinements of aromatic wood sage and resinous juniper joined the heart keeping the overall aroma far from being cloying.

The dry down came a few hours later, plenty of artificial molecules that are so loved by contemporary perfumers. There are modern neat patchouli, mingled with a velvety leather note from birch, and a copious dose of amberwood, which is present in the most renown designer fragrances such as Emporio Armani Stronger with You, Y by YSL, Bleu de Chanel, Boss the Scent Private Accord, and the most recent and similar Bad Boy by Carolina Herrera.

The performance likens an EDT concentration, both longevity and sillage are detectable for the first few hours, then the cologne stays close to the skin. It is a bit disappointing if you consider that it is an EDP. I see this cologne agreeable during the cool season, autumn months and perhaps early spring days are fine, I'm wearing it today at work and nobody complained or got offended. Evening out, dinner, date, and night event are also suitable occasions, yet I would refrain from rocking it for clubbing, it smells great but it is not so powerful for affording the night out.

11/28/2019
2 Awards
After listening to a few YouTuber reviews I decided to give it a try. I had to strive for finding it since it was not on the shelves, though it was recorded as 6 pieces available in store, and the clerk had to pick it from the back store. There was no tester, I was in a hurry, and so I blindly bought it anyway. You know, the Vibrant collection never let me down, the Leather, the Oud, the Cologne, so I chose to take the risk.
I was feeling the need to sniff it after I read the description on the box, white tea, cardamom, iris wood, and leather, so I gave in and opened the package. I was really curious about what the scent would be... After pressing the sprayer, I was a bit skeptical because the essence was not that impressive. Once I felt the cilantro, with a fragrant, citrusy flavor, I was amazed. Again, the YouTuber compared this one with YSL la Nuit de l'Homme, but to me, this is more related to CD Homme Eau for men.

Vibrant Wood opens with the smell of grass and dry hay. The powdery iris is lingering in the background from the very beginning and I could catch it, a powdery and talcy iris with no makeup or lipstick nuances. In a while, a sparkling and citrus note akin to freshly-cut cilantro, the green leaves, and stalks of the Coriandrum sativum plant, unfurls. Coriander, or better cilantro cause they are from the same plant yet they smell apart, is what sets the Vibrant Wood opening apart, there is that slightly spicy and earthy herbal note, which feels as if it is sitting atop the cedarwood. Cilantro is an herb with a fragrant, citrusy flavor. Many people enjoy its refreshing taste and aroma, but others can’t stand it. Interestingly, people that find cilantro repulsive tend to have a genetic trait that makes them perceive cilantro as “foul” or “soapy”
But it was only when I came home that I got aware of the white tea presence. Silver Needle or Bai Hao Yin Zhen is one of the most revered of Chinese teas. Gathered only for a few days in early spring, the dedication to perfection is evident in the feeble aroma. The lingering fragrance of Silver Needle is delicately honeysuckle floral, with a subtle hint of white grapes and dry hay. The smell is like no other tea, as it carried my memory back to childhood and the scent of fleshly bailed hay in a hot, humid barn. What I smelled was so outrageously good that for the next two hours I stuck it to my wrist like a magnet. For me, this fragrance has the best opening I have ever smelled in a perfume. The tea in combination with the coriander and the undertoned iris is simply stunning.

This remains, however, only around the 10 minutes so. Though, the scent will not be bad afterward in any case, but only different. The iris begins to come more to the fore and combines well with the woody notes, but the freshness of the citrus opening remains present and gives it an ingenious freshness. The delicate powder of iris continues to be at the core of Vibrant Wood, however, instead of being painted in suede-like hues of sepia, the note here is less full-bodied, less reminiscent of makeup powder and much colder. This is an urban iris that appears in shades of steely blue and evokes the image of a suited and booted gent with a more serious and less emotionally charged personality. What does remain is the feminine edge that the iris provides and it very much still delivers that daring moment where the lines between the male and the female blur to make way for an androgynous accord that is thoroughly modern. Its extraordinarily strong, almost pervasive fragrance of powdery accords reveals its woody green tones, bringing to mind the reassuring aroma of warm bread.

The dry down is woody, and the smoky cedar blended with the floral iris creates a sort of violet vibe, aquatic, fresh, but not marine. It is, therefore, a slightly powdery woody fragrance with fresh undertones.
Projection wise, Vibrant Wood is pretty moderate. It’s a solid performer in this regard but never felt overbearing to me. The longevity is also good. I get 6-8 hours of solid wear and maybe some more as a skin scent. It is a versatile spring/autumn wear, the leathery and woody nuances fit flawlessly in those seasons. Its bright freshness is a nice change of pace during the warmer months of the year. Yet, it keeps the woodiness of the cedar, that gives off that masculine aura. I could honestly see myself wearing this during any occasion from casual to more formal, wearing it at work is spot on! Plus, it’s attractive enough for a date evening. My congrats to Marine Ipert, I love it.

Side note: For all those who are not "so in to" Fragrances, this may be unattractive because the Iris note can be a little bit too feminine and powdery. That said, I would like to recommend Vibrant Wood because it's a concoction that mixes very well the iris with a much more mainstream woody and semi-fresh and aquatic accord. Think of it as the mix of AF - Fierce with Dior Homme. Resulting in a scent that is very easy to like and that at the same time gives you some distinction due to the use of Iris. So, if you are one of those who used Fierce throughout their teen years, or is fond of Dior Homme, I think Vibrant Wood may be the way to "mature" journey.

11/24/2019
1 Awards
Fleur de Patchouli is a chypre-floriental daring fragrance, with leathery nuances that tell its strong temperament. The atmosphere of a contemporary music party comes to life and finds its balance in the classic notes of fruity patchouli, pink patchouli, or pink chypre as some call this kind of modern accords. The notes –peony, patchouli, leather, and guaiac–say absolutely nothing about the scent. It’s not possible to imagine what it smells like from that list until you rock it. So many of these notes are rendered completely abstract that what jumps out is greenish, pink patchouli over which have been melted flavoring and the type of fruit syrups used to flavor water. Ain't no cloying, yet smoky and woody to bear the lavish mildness.

Fleur de Patchouli is a modern composition with a strong yet surprisingly fresh character. It opens with a delightful fragrant sweet and rosy aroma of peonies in voluptuous bloom, like "morning rose petals", with just a tad of citrus, definitely a floral accord with something dirty going on. To me, that is the most feminine aspect of this fragrance, in case you're used to classify a scent.

The heart is a sweet amber with that modern green cotton candy-patchouli which defines so many of the perfumes from this era. It is not that dirty and earthy patchouli with minty and medicinal nuances, yet a more fruity and floral, so the name Fleur de Patchouli is copacetic. Hours after, this deep, dark, amber-patchouli fades to a sugarcoated white musk. It comes across as both sweet and clean. Due to its many diverse associations, the hippy era, patchouli is and always will be a “love or hate it scent.” Notwithstanding, if you are anything like me, you will love it. And as it turns out, both the heart and the dry-down are more androgynous, genderless with neither masculine nor feminine predominant notes.

And then comes the dry-down full of guaiac wood, a little bit birch tar-y, leathery, even tarmac-y. A little bit rubbery, sometimes. Hints of tobacco, too, or the whiff of burning leaves in winter. There’s nothing light and airy about guaiac wood, that’s for sure. I've seen many people mistaking guaiac wood with palo santo wood, yet they are two kinds of wood apart. I would describe guaiac aroma as being masculine but also very mellow, creamy, lactonic with far less of the minty and balsamic qualities found within the regular palo santo. Guaiac essence is from the heartwood, which produces an essential oil with a sweet, woody, milky fragrance reminiscent of sandalwood, whereas palo santo essence is from the old bark, which falls down and acquires intense aroma while getting older.

I see this perfume perfectly fit the cold days of late autumn and early spring, all too not offensive and light enough to be worn in the office, spot-on for evening and dinner out. Yet, not too strong for a night out or clubbing. Projection is moderate and longevity is above average. This is one of those perfumes that lingers and holds onto fabric forever. In my opinion, this release is the lighter and sweeter version of Coco Mademoiselle fragrance, with a more masculine facet. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying this is a clone or a rip-off of Coco, or all too similar to one another, yet just putting the two of them in the same ballpark since they have the same vibe. Congrats Jo Loves (aka Jo Malone), cause out of your 8 emotions this is a pleasant one.

11/20/2019
1 Awards
If I tell you oud, what do you think about it? Oud as a given name to this cologne is misleading, there is no agarwood ruling note in Alyssa Ashley Oud pour Lui, perhaps a more fitting name could have been Oudlibanum. I was expecting a medicinal oud dominant odor and instead of Agarwood, Olibanum took the lead and never looked back. There is a mighty prevailing note of frankincense in here, a good and worthy one. In case you missed it, Frankincense is derived from the French “franc encens”, meaning high-quality incense. Frankincense and Myrrh have long links to the divine. In the traditional Christmas narrative, wise men from the East brought gifts of frankincense, myrrh, and gold for the infant Christ. I find both the plant extracts to be particularly interesting. Frankincense has a woody or warm spiced and smoky smell, whereas myrrh smells like rose or even sweet basil but is sometimes said to have a bitter aroma.

Well, back to Oud pour Lui, it is a perfume for a well-bred and not ordinary personality who loves exotic and special fragrances. It opens with fresh and spicy effluve of lemon, geranium, and saffron, that give a mystic and oriental aspect to the chord. More on the paper strip and less on the skin, the cologne unfolds with a blast of the famous Cynar amaro, an artichoke based bittersweet Italian liqueur known for its distinctive flavor. I get an aroma of gherkin walnut, faint smokiness, bittersweet stewed vegetables, caramel and toffee with quinine, it smells like buttery honey, with prevalent fresh tobacco flower notes, and an astringent herbal ending. This enchanting aroma lasts longer on the paper while muting quite fast on the skin.

The heart is marked by a full flower note of jasmine and an intense note of African olibanum, all is done vigorously by a spicy note of cumin. Long utilized as purifying fumigation in religious rituals, the incense adds a heavenly touch to perfume compositions with its woody, slightly spicy notes. This is the incense of Gregorian chants, liturgies in Latin, monastic ritual. Pure, ethereal . . . rising like smoke to heaven. A processional incense that has a spiritual history dating back to antiquity. So long that it is embedded in our collective scent memories and has a metaphysical impact. On my skin, I experience full-on incense with the expected smokiness and woody undercurrent. You must cherish incense to be able to appreciate this fragrance. This scent takes you to a Benedictine abbey in northern Italy, as depicted in The Name of The Rose novel.

When the dry down comes, an intense bouquet of wood notes of rooty vetiver, pencil sharpener cedarwood, and creamy santal pops up. A few hours into the wearings, the incense chills enough to permit subtle amber and benzoin to swagger their stuff. Overall, the perfume’s fragrance is highly reminiscent of the Orient, One Thousand and One Nights and other stories from faraway lands. This is mainly due to mysterious Oman's incense, which forms the osseins of the scent.

Sillage is good with longevity approximately 5 hours on my skin. The best season for rocking it is autumn, office, day and evening. I think I don't have many colognes smelling that way, a great discover.

11/17/2019
If you read anything about Trussardi the Black Rose, you should know it is built around the heart of Taif roses. These blooms derive from the land of Taif in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia. While the Damask Rose is known for its deep and potent fragrance in the West, in the Arabian world the Taif Rose is renowned for the same properties. Often described as astonishingly aromatic, these 30 petal roses create a unique fragrance that is intense, yet magnificent. I find the fragrance of Taif Rose absolute to be enigmatic at first. Originally, it is quite a mild and spicy floral. As the fragrance develops, the smell of rose becomes clearer and the sweet pink rose notes combined with soft honey notes have a great deal of strength and long-lasting depth.

The Black Rose revealed to me that things aren’t so black, and this scent is an unexpected rose. The scent evolves through a spicy, floral, and chypre phases. The first thing that comes to mind when I smell this bouquet is an exotic liqueur from Arabian nights. A pink pepper note is set at the very opening, blended with the bright and light pink flowers whose yellow heart spreads an intense and persistent perfume. Close your eyes and imagine to walk over a pink flowering carpet and the air plenty with their delicate fragrance.

The heart is nothing but rose, syrup rose. The quintessential aroma of Taif rose is warm, highly tenacious, immensely rich, deeply rose adorned with spicy and occasionally honey-like notes. It holds a powerful and complex fragrant scent that entices the senses. Nature has conceived an alluring and captivating aromatic redolence that is considered the best in the Middle East. The exotic Saudi-Arabian rose is the true heart of the scent.

The base concludes in a classic chypre, warm, and oriental way, with notes of sumptuous vanilla, chocolaty patchouli, suave musk, enigmatic amber, and emotional resins, connecting the East and the West through scent. The heady of the Orient mixed with a salty Mediterranean air. Ain't no oud here, which puts this cologne in the same class with Montale Roses Musk.

Fall is an ideal time for this scent. It’s the time when the abundance of its ripe and juicy scent is in harmony with chilly air, yellowish leaves and last days of sunlight. It is labeled as unisex and gourmands of both sexes will know how to enjoy it. There is a lot of wisdom in this fragrance proving Trussardi's genius. It suits workdays at the office, so delicate, not offensive, with moderate sillage yet long-lasting longevity.

1 - 10 of 256