ElysiumElysium's Perfume Reviews

491 - 495 of 506
Elysium 6 years ago 8

The name SOLO couldn't be more fitting
I remember the first time I fell in love with this perfume. I sniffed it at the Barcelona airport duty-free shop, but I miserably did not buy it at that time. This one had some addictive notes that, once boarded, I couldn't stop smelling the back of my hand, the more I sniffed it, the more I fell in love with it.
By the way, let me introduce you now to this original bouquet, which is like an Antoni Gaudí's artwork. To me, it is a dry sweet-oriental woody-spicy fragrance. It opens with a fresh citrusy and zesty accord, there is plenty of lemons, mandarin, and bergamot citrus juice and peel in there that lasts quite a few minutes. This lovely citrus fruit reminds me of the opening of Artisan John Varvatos for men. But something magic is even present, I guess it is the guava, with its strong aromatic and attractive perfume. I presume I've never smelled guava fruit, so I'm not sure if it's that, but it smells like a Hawaiian sunset if sunset had a smell, and I'm guessing on the Hawaii thing because I've never been there, either! I've read that guavas have a strong aroma, complicated to describe, slightly sweet, very flowery, and heady, and anytime you understand that it seems like a warning, yet not in this case. I feel like I am in a tropical paradise, but far away from coconut or pineapple fruit.
Then, some herbal rosemary and thyme linger for a while in the air, just before the warm cashmere wood, patchouli, and cistus start leaving the skin and reach your nostrils. It is a rarity having these notes in the beginning, which lead straight to the heart of the scent.

The most prevailing notes of the heart are the pink pepper, including a bit of cinnamon and caraway, and yet some more sparkling tangerine. That should be the reason why citrusy notes reappear later. Some aldehydes are in there, not in the aquatic form, but more close to a fresh breeze of air. In this mix, I firmly get the characteristic aroma of crushed pink peppercorns, which I adore.

After that, about one hour or so, dry woodsy notes of amber, mild musk, oakmoss, and vanilla take off and wrap your body. This pleasant sensation last for several hours, on both your skin and your clothes. Notwithstanding vanilla, musk, and oakmoss are in there, the perfume does not turn into a powdery accord.
Hence, there's lavender, guava, cinnamon, mint, everything you could imagine, but not like anything you're expecting. And if you give it a chance, it is better. This fragrance stunned me. It has a complexity out of the ordinary. SOLO is excellent, nothing smells close to it (except for the flankers).

Very nice see-through bottle, with a logo on the sprayer, orange-brown juice that resembles citrus-based fragrance surrounded by soft spices and woods, and adorned with bronze metal parts. In line with my flavor, I think it gives its best during warmer temperatures like late spring, summer, and even early autumn seasons. On my skin, both longevity and sillage are above the average, an outstanding fragrance. It deserves a 9/10.
I'm glad people don't wear this too much, given that it is one smell that makes you feel enjoyable. Like you are a profound individual. An intellectual. And I find myself reflecting a lot when I wear it. The name SOLO (on my own) couldn't be more fitting, I reckon.

Elysium 6 years ago 2

Like a cup of remarkably flavorful Honey Orchid tea!
Whether I love SOLO Absoluto or not, I will try to give you my honest and detailed thoughts. Well, this is another spectacular fragrance from Loewe, which is not an intense version of the traditional one. Instead, it is very different. In my opinion, the main differences are the absence of the guava note, which is the essential note in the original SOLO and the reason for its success, and the presence of the orchid, which makes SOLO Absolute so soothing.

It is meant to be a sweet-oriental, woody, spicy, and a bit powdery fragrance. Among the notes of lavender, neroli, orchid, sandalwood, frankincense, bergamot, tangerine, wormwood, basil, tonka bean, amber, and musk, there is a handful that I can detect as time goes by. More intense and sweet than the SOLO original, after the initial stage, it reminds me of the traditional SOLO. Still, the development is pretty different, with more floral notes, a little bit darker. It has a beautiful orchid note, very well applied in the heart of the fragrance, but perceivable from the very beginning on my skin.

I have to tell you that the first minutes after spraying gives me the most beautiful smell I have ever encountered with perfume. Yes, it's attractive! Then, there is a lovely blending of some unusual and bizarre ingredients, such as the sweetness of the orchid, the resinous woodsy, and the delicious smoky incense scent. That makes this fragrance so soothing and relaxing, like a cup of remarkably flavorful Honey Orchid tea (Mi Lan Xiang), descended from a long line of Phoenix Shui Xian tea trees all bearing the unique honeyed aroma and flavor. In addition to the orchid, both frankincense and tonka bean are present from the opening to the end, though they are neither annoying nor cloying, just the right blend.

Albeit musk, sandal, and other woodsy notes reveal after quite a few hours, I believe that LOEWE uses a secret formula for making his scents. The notes in the fragrance do not come in the usual order; instead they reappear from time to time, which is uncommon and weird but appealing.

I recommend SOLO Absoluto for cooler temperatures like fall and winter, yet early spring too. On my skin, longevity and sillage are above the average, an outstanding fragrance. Ultimately, the golden juice bottled into a transparent glass with golden metal parts deserves a 9/10. Absolutely!!!

Elysium 6 years ago 1

A handful of confetti (Jordan almonds)...
Yes, believe me, that’s exactly what ZARA Denim Couture Extreme smells like after few hours you wore it, with the "bitter" almonds and the "sweet" sugar symbolizing the bitterness of life and sweetness of love.

Sunday morning, the sun is shining. After a good night's sleep, I entered my dressing cubicle for getting some clothes to put on and suddenly a pleasant smell of “confetti” touched lightly my nostril. Umm, where does it come from? I got closer to the sweater I wore yesterday evening and… surprise, surprise, the scent came from there!

To be honest, I have no clue what among Mandarin, Absinth, Mint, Patchouli, Cedar, and Vetiver, or the magical mix of them, could smell like Jordan almonds stuffed with a touch of pear. Fact is, it is so damn gourmand, pleasant, inviting, sweet but not cloying… something I did not expect at all when I sprayed it yesterday evening, given that Absinth was dominant at that time together with an unidentified greenish note.

According to my personal taste, it is a very original fragrance and does not smell like any other perfume I have. Of course, I don’t know if it smells like any other perfume. It is both sweet, liquid deliciousness and sophisticated, and intoxicating... the deep continuous inhalation of a highly addictive substance.

Mint and Absinth are the stars with sorta kind of brandy accord, which reveals boozy and a bit fruity, but there is full of Cedar and Patchouli, a little bit of Vetiver, and something gourmand that is not easy to describe, perhaps it is the Jordan almonds effect! All over there is a lingering green aura, which I am not able to recognize, yet reminds me of fresh aloe juice or better the agave syrup, yeah it might be a sort of.
Long duration I would hazard since I can still sniff it the very day after, and an adequate projection.

That is really just another Zara's surprise! I think that Zara makes some very good scents for a very reasonable price! Enjoy if you have any chance to test it. I don't wear this one often but every time I do Iìm blown away by just how great it smells.

Elysium 6 years ago 4

So damn dark, it creates an aura of lived-in things!
This is a fragrance that I blindly bought for myself and have grown to love even more than from that first purchase. So damn dark, it creates an aura of lived-in things! I once had Prada Amber pour Homme, which has a special sweetish-clean-powdery appeal, long-lasting and great sillage. And then, while ago I came across this one, I immediately liked it and bought.

Despite it is supposed to be a flanker, though it is actually diverse and miles away from the original Luna Rossa. Some notes are alike, but the scent smells different and... It is moderate, not extreme at all! Extreme differs from the original Luna Rossa or the Sport edition. It surprised me that a flanker can be this different, but perhaps they wanted a versatile collection which makes fans buy all versions as they cannot be replacements for each other.

I have the EDP; the family is oriental-spicy, and at the very first spray, I recognize a nice fresh peppery with a bit of clove, kind of liquorice, a flash of bergamot, and something similar to a spicy cake. It is creepy dark, but fascinating. I guess the contribution comes from the pepper and lavender mixed in the top notes, so good! It smells modern, sophisticated and sexy.

Well, this cologne is non-linear, and it is incredible how it varies in the first hour on the skin. No matter if the opening is a bit harsh and spicy, however, give it 10 minutes to settle, then this fragrance becomes a very smooth, beautiful and luxurious amber vanilla blend with Prada's signature soapiness vibe. Thanks to amber & vanilla in a tobacco style, the mix makes it seductive. If the initial accord is warm, rich, sweet-dry, woody, and leathery, in the long term it changes to animalic and powdery, a good one not like baby powder, which creates an aura of lived-in things.

In my opinion, it is elegant, manly, with a lot of masculinity for the entire last, and with dark and fresh tinges. A fairly casual scent, better for evening and night out, during cold weather such as fall and winter. In a word, Prada Luna Rossa Extreme is peppery, spicy and peppery. There are other notes, but they are framed by this robust peppery essence. That being said, Prada Luna Rossa is a real gem of a fragrance to sport during the fall and winter months. Luna Rossa is a sweet amber and spice scent that gets the job done with utmost quality. The EDP projection is above average, and it even has good longevity, about 8-10 hours and more. I wore it last night and the day after a can smell it on the clothes. Pay attention, this is a compliment getter, I get lots of compliments when I have that on.

Elysium 6 years ago 2

Great... though It just didn't have that WOW effect on me!
I must admit that I blindly bought it on eBay, the price was so reasonable and the main accords allegedly suit me, at least it sounded promising. Hence, I decided to give it a try. In the end, a fresh-spicy scent won't be any cloying.
And here we go. Brit Rhythm is a youthful, lively fragrance with fresh, herbal, crisp, woody notes and a clean and soapy dry down. It is sexy and provocative, a very light fragrance, light in any sense.

It begins with a bright, fresh opening of juniper berries and cardamom, which I can smell clearly, and lemon verbena, which I do not perceive at all. Umm, flat citrus, too bad.
I detect a lot of leather but honestly cannot swear whether that is black, brown, or white. Who knows? It just reminds me of leather. The dry down is woody, cedar and tonka are in there. Nevertheless, I don't smell the incense at all, at least not the one I used to call incense scent!

Projection does not go very far from your skin, and longevity isn't that good, I'd say 4 to 5 hours and then is close to the skin. Due to those factors, it's not the kind of scent I will wear a few days straight!
Final judge: it is a masculine and modern scent, and smells good on my skin. It's a cologne to wear into the office without being overpowering; it is woody and spicy, yet stays close on the skin. Given that it does not have an excellent projection and longevity, I suggest wearing it during the middle seasons like spring and fall.

491 - 495 of 506