FilipMurrayFilipMurray's Perfume Reviews

6 - 10 of 12
FilipMurray 7 months ago 2

Le Parfum de Thérèse
Le Parfum de Thérèse is the most similar to FM - Superstitious from their offer, but again they are different enough that you need them both in your collection. Le Parfum de Thérèse is a juicy, fruity and retro creation.

The gentleman who made this perfume for his wife (Therese) was rejected by Dior and some other companies at the time in the 1950s because the scent was too futuristic and different from the existing offer back then. For the next 40+ years, the perfume was worn exclusively by his wife - Therese. After Edmond's death, Therese gave Frederic a "secret recipe" so that the scent would be remembered forever. Since Frederic is not afraid of innovative and different scents - Le Parfum de Thérèse was gladly accepted for the initial FM line-up!

Melon, plum, vetiver, a little rose and leather and a lot of cucumber in the opening.
Although the name states that it is exclusively for women - it is not.

Sillage: around you, near to skin
Longevity: on the skin 8+ hours, on clothes 24+ hours

FilipMurray 7 months ago 3

Music For A While
Just like your favorite song, as soon as it's over - you would like it again. I am in love with this perfume.

Lavender, pineapple, geranium, patchouli and mandarin. Very interesting and rich perfume.
The pineapple really smells realistic and strong, but in my opinion lavender is the main character of this masterpiece.

I'd say that there is some incense or hay in the background, especially for the first few minutes.

It lasts over 12 hours and the aura is awesome.

FilipMurray 8 months ago 3

Gourmand heaven
What a gourmand bomb this is.

Warm milk, biscuits, vanilla, sandalwood, balm and a little bit of patchouli.
Creamy, rich, cozy, thick, sweet, comfortable, sticky and sweet.

It smells of biscuits and warm milk. It is incredibly creamy and edible.
They have announced that DVN is going to be discontinued, so this looks like that DVN will be the first Frederic Malle to be discontinued.
Since it has been on my wish list for a long time, this information made me buy it immediately because I do not want to miss this masterpiece by Bruno Jovanović.

I’m not sure that there is better gourmand sandalwood than Dries Van Noten!

It smells like luxury.

FilipMurray 8 months ago 2

Monsieur
From the very beginning, Monsieur has been one of my favorites from the house. At first, I was afraid of him because he is grumpy and dark by nature, but we easily became best friends.

In my opinion, Monsieur is one of the best "representatives" of the house. It introduces you to the world of Frederic Malle and shows you what FM can and will do in order to steal your attention.

The best patchouli you can have. Accompanied by tangerine, rum and incense.

His name fits him perfectly, he is a real gentleman!

FilipMurray 8 months ago 4

Promise!
The Night, Dawn, The Moon and Promise.
I think the appropriate name for Promise would be Darkness.

The opening is like a freshly painted laboratory with some crazy alchemist drinking an apple brandy.
After just few minutes, that vibe disappears and then you can smell apples, roses and Nagarmotha.

Drydown is full of labdanum. It literally suffocates how strong it is. I'm an oversprayer, but I can't do more than 2-3 sprays without consequences - nausea and headache.

This scent is the definition of a dark scent. I can imagine Sauron, Voldemort, Darth Vader and other villains smelling like this perfume.

Great oriental fragrance from my favorite house and from my favorite - Mr. Ropion.

Longevity: one week
Aura: 800 meters

Now seriously, 3 sprays are enough for at least whole day and everyone who has a nose in the room will smell you.

6 - 10 of 12