GilesGiles' Perfume Reviews

1 - 5 of 57
Giles 21 days ago 1

Nice but very common
A nice citrus & woody based scent good for a summer's day. It reminds me of many citrus scents and so is not very unique. Worth a miniature of but not a full bottle. If you like Ambra Calabria you will like this but does not have the same projection. Also reminds me of Acqua Viva but without the potent lemony note, this is more subtle.

Giles 25 days ago 4
3.5

Are you joking?
Now look. I have some very potent and individual fragrances in my collection. Please do not even compare this to Black Afgano, there is no comparison. This is just truly awful. Smells revolting and the worst thing is it is impossible to wash off. This is not good perfumery whatsoever just a gimmick that titillates the over extroverted buyer. God for bid if someone smells you wearing this. It wont be a compliment. My first ever totally negative review so far.

Giles 1 month ago 2

Smells like church pews
I don't headline this in a negative way at all. I love the way this smells. It's a scent for you alone as it does not project at all. Although if you have someone lying on your chest they would enjoy it. I understand why some people say they get nose blind. It is subtle and one minute you smell it the next you don't. It's not mind blowing but you can tell its smooth and well compiled. The big problem is, just like oud wood from TF it just doesn't last and yet again the price just does not rectify the performance. I can't afford to keep spraying this over and over again. I'm very sure other perfume houses could make the same thing but make it last. Out of all the RD creations Amber Aoud is still the only one that has great projection, sillage and longevity. It's such a shame ?

Giles 1 month ago 1

Oud for Greatness done Gourmand
I have to say after really liking Oud for Greatness this is the version to wear in the evening. I wear oud for Greatness as a day scent but Oud for happiness is much sweeter and spicier, definitely for a night out. Its very sweet and spicy, so I would call this a Gourmand. Its one of those that has you sniffing yourself and thinking wow I smell good. Great for sex. A few sprays on the chest will rub off on your partner and creates a very sensual cloud. It is a happy fragrance so it is well named. A good, sexy and almost relaxing fragrance by Initio.

Giles 1 month ago 3

The usual RD con or is it great marketing?
I have many of Roja Doves creations. Mainly in 8 ml testers because I would have to sell a kidney to buy a bottle. Like with many products such as champagne you can pay ridiculous prices for something that is supposedly the best or unique. This is all bollocks. No matter what the professional perfumer or vintner says. There is nothing on earth that justifies the price. Just like champagne it's sold to a market where price is no option. £1450 for 100 ml of perfume that smells OK is not justified. I don't care if I'm told that the rose absolute costs ex amount because its prepared in a cauldron for ex amount of years by unicorns. I have tried so many of Roja's creations and yes they do smell nice. Many don't last very long so you will need to sell your other kidney just to enjoy the perfume.
Yes he has created amazing perfume but I judge him on the fact that he creates over priced perfumes that can't be enjoyed by all rather than oligarchs. His lesser priced perfumes are just copies of other houses. It's a shame that such a great talent alienates the everyday perfume lover to be able to enjoy his creations.

1 - 5 of 57