GilesGiles' Perfume Reviews

6 - 10 by 57
Giles 3 months ago 1

Dark but awful
This reminds me of Gucci Guilty Absolute which I can handle. I'm not liking this at all. It's certainly not unisex, no woman wants to smell like this. It last a long time but unfortunately the barn yard smell is just too much.
I can't find a single occasion where I would wear this. The worst of the oud stars line in my opinion.

Giles 3 months ago 3
5.5

Awful name. Posh hairspray.
I'm not usually this harsh but this does not belong in a FM collection.
First spray reminded me of going to the hairdressers with my mum . The days you would be given a plastic contraption to hold in front of your face while the hairdresser would spray copious amounts of hairspray from a silver can. The bitterness would get in your mouth. This smells like this. Firstly to even calk it synthetic is stupid but it really does smell cheap and synthetic. Jungle I have no idea??? Jungles are tropical and lily of the valley is not. This is a reasonably long lasting but very boring floral scent that opens with a hairspray bitterness. It's not unisex whatsoever and would suit grandma. Very poor indeed.

Giles 4 months ago 3

Best of 2021 so far
In my case. This is my love. Tobacco and leather together. Long lasting and I can smell it all day. For me fragrances need to be smelt by the wearer and those around otherwise what's the point. For the house this is a cheap release but the quality is superb. This is not for young men. This is for 30 plus men who love to smell manly. This really does smell manly and is one of the best of the year so far. Very nice fragrance.

Giles 5 months ago 1

Not much change unfortunately
Now I have only 15ml left of my Ombre Leather 16 and I guard it like gold dust. It is so good and has the projection that I crave for. The leather is smooth and if you can get hold of a bottle it's worth every penny.
The new EDP version has nothing on the original but for the price is a good buy and still smells amazing although longevity is an issue.
I was hoping the Parfum would cover some of the issues of the EDP and it does in part. It's deeper so like the original it does last longer but projection is a problem. I want a cloud around me at all times but just don't seem to get it. Then I have layered with both with the Parfum as the base. It turns out a beautiful concoction and smells amazing. Not quite the original but good.
Update: I was in fenwicks to go and actually buy a bottle this afternoon. I used the sampler and sprayed quite generously on my arms. Then walked around for a while and had lunch. 2 hours later I spoke to my girlfriend about whether we should buy a bottle. She suddenly exclaimed " it smells like Fahrenheit ". I had never thought of this and I love Fahrenheit especially the Parfum. It really bloody does smell like Fahrenheit. I bow to her superior nose.

Giles 5 months ago 2

You are going to hate me...
I'm not sure if the region of Calabria get a lot of mosquitoes but this opens with a citronella candle vibe. The Ambra side of things is totally justified and makes it warm and summer evening sexy. I'm really torn because I do love the smell but find it's opening incredibly manufactured. Will this last on my skin? I'm not too sure. My 2 favourites so far from Nishane are Hacivat and Fan Your Flames. It might be my nose but it really smells like a fragrance I should buy to stop mosquitoes rather than a sexy night out.

6 - 10 by 57