GoLeafsGo7GoLeafsGo7's Perfume Reviews

1 - 5 of 10
GoLeafsGo7 7 days ago 1

An underrated beauty from Guerlain: a lovely Oriental Gourmand
Oriental Brûlant is a soft and warm Oriental Gourmand scent. It is powdery, nutty and buttery (almond and tonka bean), sweet (vanilla), and styrax gives it a unique amber-like resinous/balsamic quality.

Oriental Brûlant is quite smooth and pristine with a cozy and comforting vibe, making it an ideal choice for the fall and winter. It shares some similarities with SDV and Tonka Impériale and is another classic and timeless release from Guerlain. Without a doubt, my favorite fragrance from the now discontinued Les Élixirs Charnels line (I own it in a 125 ml gold bee bottle from the Paris boutique). I love Oriental Brûlant and it is among my top five Guerlain fragrances!

GoLeafsGo7 13 days ago 2

Gold standard for vanilla fragrances!
SDV is highly reviewed and extremely well-liked in the industry, so I don’t have too much to add. I’ll just say this: it is one of my favorite fragrances for the fall and winter; it is one of my favorite Guerlain fragrances; it is among my most worn fragrances; and it is among my favorite vanilla fragrances. The sweetness is complimented by boozy, ambery, spicy and woody facets, giving the vanilla a slightly dark and smoky character, while still maintaining a sweet and sensual side.

I love SDV! It is delicious, intoxicating and addictive! A true masterpiece from Guerlain!

I own the 2016 Colour Collection Flacon Quadrilobé (limited edition exclusive). The flacon is exquisite!

GoLeafsGo7 1 month ago 1

A modern day classic for the sophisticated gentleman
Roja Enigma PPH is a sophisticated fragrance for the modern day gentleman and made with high-quality ingredients. The opening is bright, fresh and fizzy, and shortly thereafter, ginger, cardamom and black pepper provide some spiciness. But the best part of this scent profile is the heart and base where the boozy cognac, smooth tobacco, and sweet vanilla combine exquisitely to form an instant classic. Warmth from benzoin adds depth to the fragrance.

In general, Roja is a house I do not gravitate towards (can’t get along with the house DNA), but Enigma PPH is an exception to the rule because I thoroughly enjoy the scent profile.

GoLeafsGo7 1 month ago 1

A classical spicy-floral-vanilla
Long discontinued, I was lucky enough to find a sealed bottle of Metallica for a reasonable price earlier this year. The bee bottle is a work of art, but the juice itself is equally impressive.

Metallica is a spicy-floral-vanilla. The spicy carnation is a prominent note in the earlier phases of scent development. In the heart, ylang-ylang is the primary floral I detect. The classical warm Guerlainde base follows, highlighted by the gorgeous vanilla note that Guerlain has mastered.

The fragrance perfumes quite well for an EDT. Personally, I plan on wearing the fragrance all-year-round (except daytime in the summer) and I would classify it as a unisex fragrance. Metallica is a true masterpiece from Jean-Paul Guerlain and is one of the best vanilla fragrances I have come across.

GoLeafsGo7 2 months ago 1

109 years later, this majestic beauty is still winning hearts!
L’Heure Bleue (LHB) proved to be my favorite perfume among the Guerlain classics from nearly a century ago (I have also tested Jicky, Après L'Ondée, Mitsouko and Shalimar). My review is based on a fairly recent bottle of the Extrait.

The modern version of this iconic fragrance can be described as spicy, floral and powdery with some gourmand-like qualities. It opens with spicy, dry and herbal presence of anise, which is a note I don’t usually get along with, but luckily I don’t feel its presence on my skin after 10-15 minutes. The fragrance then transitions into floral and powdery elements thanks to the iris and violet, with cloves/carnation providing a slightly spicy vibe in the background. Towards the dry down, it has a pastry-like quality (like freshly baked almond croissant) with iris still in the mix as well.

I am blessed to own one of the most iconic fragrances of all-time, and it is a showstopper from its stunning scent profile, to good performance and exquisite bottle/presentation. It leans ever so slightly feminine, bordering on unisex. I find it ideal for the spring and fall seasons. LHB Extrait is one for the record books.

1 - 5 of 10