GolcherGolcher's Perfume Reviews

1 - 5 of 108
Golcher 2 months ago 2

It's worth the while if you give it a chance
When I first got Shades of Kolam it was a little disappointing, it wasn't bad at all but nothing extraordinary or exciting so it went to the back of the fragrance cabinet however, me being a Issey Miyake fan I decided to revisit it today.

Man, was I wrong about this fragrance! I've been getting whiffs of it all day and it's heavenly. The bergamot and grapefruit team up with the tea giving it a fresh but soothing feel, very nice, in addition to that I get a strong fig milk with a creamy coconut feel which is strange as this is what I get the most and none of them are listed in the notes and then there is the cashmeran which feels a little synthetic but Kolam pulls it off alright.

Performance on this is very decent for a freshie, I get easily 7 hours just spray freely and don't be shy. Projection is also real good, I'm impressed. This is certainly a spring/summer scent, it's ideal for warm days I just wouldn't recommend it for scorching hot days as this milky note may be a little heavy in the dead of summer.

A very nice release by Issey Miyake, I'm really glad to have it in my collection specially since I've read many comments about this being discontinued.

Golcher 3 months ago 1

Eros with a twist
I wasn't interested at all on this flanker as most reviewers mention this was a cash grab, it was pretty much Eros with a slight twist, pretty much the same just not as strong so I steered away from it but recently after I started regretting selling my Eros EDT I thought I might try getting a 30ml of this one instead.

Sure, the dna is the same and they are in fact very similar, ai wish they each had a more noticeable or individual scent however, you can tell there's a difference and I was pleased with Eros Flame. It's all about the mandarin, it's front and center and to me this is the biggest difference, well in all fairness I've worn it once so eventually its subtilties will probably become more evident.

Is this a cash grab? Yeah, is it a bad scent or a waste of money? Hell no! It smells more like a different batch of Eros rather than a flanker but I'm glad I have it in my collection specially considering how good it performs, it's Eros with a twist

Golcher 5 months ago 1

solid scent with great projection and absolutely no originality
It's no secret Jeremy loves Ultra Male, in fact I think we've all heard his 'I hate that you smell so good' anecdote (like way too many times) so it's know wonder his follow up to Office (Date) had a lot of similarities to Ultra Male however, seems like Date wasn't similar enough to the Clubbing King so I guess he asked Elise Benat to do a carbon copy of it.

I just got my bottle of Unisex and it's good, it's really good but that's the point, it's just as good as UM as it is an exact copy only way overpriced (I got a 60% off, otherwise I'd never have purchased it). Not sure what the longevity is as I'm yet to test it but based on the napkin I sprayed it's a projection monster.

0% originality, way overpriced and totally unnecessary if you already own JPG's Ultra Male, otherwise, if you're into UM and you haven't been able to get it and you caught a good deal then go for Unisex, it won't disappoint but if you're like me and expected something in the same category or an UM with a twist then this won't do.

Golcher 5 months ago 2

is “Futura” the right word?
I found a great deal on this fragrance so I couldn’t help to jump into the deal with a lot of expectations. There were some good reviews on youtube but I gotta say it was Max Forti’s what made me go for it as he praised it and pretty much sold it. I gotta say I have to agree with pretty much everything he said.

First off, what’s with the name, “Future cologne”? not really, it’s a modern interpretation of an older style cologne which regardless how inaccurate the name sounds is a great concept and I gotta say the execution is flawless! Colonia Futura opens gorgeously with lemon and a juicy grapefruit and you also get a lavender and sage combo that gives that old school vibe and the coup de grace is the earthy vetiver that provides a backbone to the composition so, as far as the scent goes it’s one of my favorite ADPs but where I have to disagree with Max is in the performance department. He mentioned this was very long lasting and would easily last all day well, at least from my personal experience it hardly gets to the 6th hour as fading skin scent but we all know frags perform differently to everyone so there’s that.

Colonia Futura is an amazing scent if you don’t mind reapplying or perhaps wearing it for a meeting only or a lunch or something like that and I wouldn’t recommend it for people below 30’s.

Golcher 5 months ago 2

pretty much Fusion d'Issey
I own Fusion d'Issey which I really enjoy, it is a very nice fragrance but not quite 'great' so, to me Fusion d'Issey Extreme was an opportunity for Issey to take that extra step into greatness.

To be fair I just got my bottle and I haven't worn it yet, I just sprayed it on my wrist but my first impression is: this is pretty much just Fusion d'Issey in a nicer bottle (a little nicer for that matter since it's the same but with a blue hue instead of a green one). Was I expecting a massive variation from a flanker? No, not really however all the Nuit d'Issey flankers have their own personality even though they have the same dna. Pulse of the Night is not really that similar to Noir Argent, right? L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Eau Fraiche sure has a nice twist in the L'Eau Bleue formula so considering the Fig note was removed from Fusion d'Issey Extreme (Fig was a very strong note in the original) and some other tweaks like ambroxan which is no longer listed as a note and the addition of mineral and solar notes (according to fragrantica) I expected something a bit new but instead the only slight difference I found from that first spray is a more noticeable Cardamom in the opening but it was fleeting.

I'll update this in the next couple of weeks once I've worn it properly, this is a really nice scent just like the previous version but so far I wouldn't suggest getting both unless you're a hardcore collector or at least an Issey Miyake fanboy like myself.

1 - 5 of 108