GreenfaerieGreenfaerie's Perfume Reviews

1 - 5 of 79
1.5

Horrid stuff
I blind bought this, as I LOVE plumeria. I have smelled lots and lots of it in real life, worn leis in Hawaii made from the precious flowers. This smells absolutely *nothing* like plumeria. Plumeria is all it's own flower. It is not like jasmine, ylang ylang, gardenia nor any other flower, really. It's sweeter and not indolic. Just apples and oranges with those other flowers. I don't even smell any flowers at all here. Maybe dried ones along with ordinary joss sticks. Some civet comes out in the base, and then I like the perfume better, but overall this was a terrible blind buy. I will be selling my full bottle for a very high price because, no doubt, there is actually someone who would pay twice the price that I paid for this awful stuff. Which is fine, as they may think it's worth it, and they are entitled to their thoughts on it. If you've got $300 and live in the US, I have a full bottle waiting for you!

5.5

My first (slight) disappointment with Dusita
I've tried a few by Dusita, and they are all spectacular. This one is puzzling. I'm not sure what roses have to do with Siam? I guess I thought I was going to get something more obviously Oriental in feel, with balsams and spices, but this was like an English rose garden in spring. Clove, vanilla and amber? Uhhhh--where? Nevermind the name and the disconnect with the scent, the perfume itself is lovely if you are looking for a fresh rose scent. Upon application it smells fruity and reminds me immediately of Fresh's discontinued Memoires of a Geisha. I owned a bottle, and they smelled identical at first. But then the soft, pure, sweet rose takes over. It's the kind of rose that is a smaller variety, very pale pink, but sweet. No soapy, potpourri nor stale Victorian roses here. Drydown reminds me of Crabtree & Evelyn's original formula Rosewater lotion. Next time I need a rose perfume, I will turn to this. I still appreciate it, even though it's absolutely nothing like I hoped for.

1.5

Very confusing and disappointing
I had been wanting to try this for a while, and what a disappointment it was. Mostly I got a very animalic fragrance with something a little sour in it that never let up and that I did not like at all. Honestly, it smells very amateuristic. Not well-blended, unbalanced, and honestly just doesn't smell great. It seems confused about what it wants to be. It opened quite powdery, but that quickly dissipated. Then I got the sour flowers and castoreum. It never really evolved on me. It had low sillage, but it stayed on me, much to my dismay, the entire day. Probably real castoreum in there, helping it to last ages. Uncreative, uninspiring, and just plaid odd. Hard pass.

A rare scrubber
I hardly ever say that I need to scrub something off of me because it's so bad, but this is one of the worst smells I have had on my body in a very long time. It started off a very ordinary cucumber scent, but it very quickly took on a scent that honestly smelled like rotten eggs wafting in. Was this the "animalic" component? Because I didn't notice anything even remotely like leather. I forced myself to wear this perfume for 4 hours before I decided it was a waste of time. Luckily the rotten egg essence wore off after a bit, but what I was left with smelled like a child had mixed cucumber aromachemicals. Honestly, this was ghastly and rather insulting to a city I really love. I mean if London wanted to be remembered as a disease ridden place before anybody knew anything about sanitation, this would do the trick perfectly.

Greenfaerie 10 months ago

Nice but a little off balance
BIWA is an interesting fragrance because it has the loveliest powdery vanilla (not too gourmand) notes that are very delicate, sort of misty, and some lovely piney or frankincense notes that, on their own, smell wonderful; but to me they don't mix right together. The sharpness of the base notes interrupt or take away from the beautiful, soft powdery notes, and to me it is discordant rather than complimentary. I can see how others might really love this perfume. I wish the delicate powdery notes could be made into a different perfume altogether. I also envision them with a softer green note, rather than with this sharp pine or frankincense. BIWA's powdery aspect reminds me of perfumes such as L'Eau d'Hiver. I imagine this fragrance would be lovely for winter's whiteness and equally lovely in the spring. In warmer months it might work for some, but it might disappear on others if the weather is too warm. Sillage is gentle but definitely present, which is what I would expect of a fragrance with these notes.

1 - 5 of 79