JackHunter33JackHunter33's Perfume Reviews

...
1 - 10 of 47

11/06/2019
3 Awards
On the opening I get lush lime and basil with white florals of creamy ylang ylang and the most beautiful jasmine accord. There is exotic spices, sandalwood, hints of civet and a lovely sweet oakmoss to die for. These notes are constantly dancing around each other at the same time, what a beauty.

You can tell a lot of thought and careful consideration went into creating this. The scent is very complex and intricate with really natural smelling ingredients. They truly don't make them like this anymore. Thank god for Rogue Perfumery in bringing back the dying art of the true chypre fragrance. This is a vintage lovers dream of a fragrance!

Wonderful!

1 Awards

The first thing to hit me after spraying two sprays of Siberian Summer was a beautiful musk. It pounced on me like a cat, this was followed by lime, bergamot and a smoky camphor note.

The musk is nice and slightly sweet which is mixed in with a green pine and I'm picking up on a lot of smoke.

It smells like your walking towards a piney musky smelling forest where there is smoke in the distance coming from within the forest. There is this slight woody aroma underneath the musk that is very nice indeed. It compliments the piney smoky musk.

Eventually the vetiver comes with this woodyness and it adds a nice contrast to the musky pine scent accord. Though in the basenotes the cedar comes into play and that woodyness makes the scent smell very dry like smelling piney musk in a desert.

Now it smells nice for a good while though it is a bit astringent and harsh smelling especially if you try to smell the scent up close. Then it does become a bit one dimensional. The musk will keep tantalizing your nose though I am not keen on the cedar and when it turns very dry and I mean desert dry. At this stage I cannot help feeling that I have had enough.

The longevity is good with over several hours and more but like a lot from the range the projection is below average. This does stay close to you.

2 Awards
Ahhhh man this is so good. Imagine if you will the most supple brown leather that it could be the inside of a very expensive luxury car. Add chocolate patchouli and bergamot and then wrap the supple brown leather chocolate infused citrus with a heavenly pure carnation accord. Like it was just plucked from within heavens gate and brought to earth for mortal men to enjoy.

And then add the most beautiful Cambodian oud accord with it's multifaceted woodsy and slightly sweet caramel accord for the drydown. Add a few drops of musk and you have a concoction to die for. I love this juice!

Well from two sprays of Antiquity I get all day longevity from 10am to 2am and even in the morning I could smell the basenotes. The projection though not stellar is better than the other three on my skin. So that 30ml bottle is going to last some time.

I have to say I have never worn a scent that has given me such a buzz and has had me walking around all day on cloud nine. Absolutely amazing smelling masterpiece!

1 Awards
What I get from this is a flowery fruity orris glazed in honey scent accord. The exotic flower is the Plumeria, the fruity aspect is coming from the apricot and orris is the powdery violet tinged note.

It is light and beautiful and does lean towards the feminine spectrum but not so much that a man cannot pull off wearing this. But then it all depends on what your threshold is and where you draw the line.

There is a vanilla sweetness to the scent and when after a few hours the Sandalwood appears the scent starts to smell better and better. The Sandalwood seems to ground the scent and give it more body whilst making it more unisex.

As we move into the basenotes you can smell a slight resinous myrhh which does become stronger though this does not diminish the flowery fruity orris glazed in honey accord.

Also now and again you can smell a very slight animalic civet note but it comes and goes very quickly. It adds a slight animalic tinge.

Now the longevity is good with this lasting more than ten hours but the projection is about average.

I like this though I do feel that the orris dominates everything else and drowns out the Plumeria accord for a lot of the time. When it does show it self it smells very lovely!

2 Awards

At the start I get a blast of fresh civet which is quickly followed by rose, incense and powder. After this there is this very strange scent accord that smells like a old Victorian house that has not been lived in for a hundred years would smell like. Or if you like the smell of a old musty smelling museum full of ancient antiquity's.

After about thirty minutes this fades away and you are left with the rose and powder which starts to feel animalic. You can smell the deer musk as it announces it's presence but it is kept in check by the rose and powder.

As time goes by the musk becomes more pronounced and then starts to get leathery. This is where the castoreum comes into play. So you have a scent that is rosey, musky and leathery with a slight incense like amber.

Now well into the drydown after many hours you can smell a very lovely sweet ambery musky ambergris accord with a animalic tinge. This eventually turns into golden incense amber with animalic hints.

Now the longevity lasts all day but the projection is well below average. This one stays quite close to, more of a personal scent for you to enjoy than anything that others will pick up on unless they are close to you.

The ingredients are top notch and it does smell good if you like rosey slightly powdery musky incense tinged animalics. Though I think the first 30 minutes with that old museum like scent accord is the most challenging. I think that scent accord will be very polarizing and will put a lot of people off the scent.

I like it and I think this with it's natural ingredient's will mature and get better with age.

09/22/2019
Tropical flowers melding with citrus tangerine notes is soon joined by a rich musk and lovely sandalwood. These notes are constantly dancing around each other. There is also a hint of what smells like oud within this beautiful composition.

I get several hours in longevity with moderate projection, it does stay close to you.

All in all a lovely exotic smelling scent with quality natural ingredients.

09/07/2019
This one is called Richborough and it's smell is based on the smells from a old roman fort in Margate.

For those who have no idea about this scent or the creators let me give you some information before I describe the scent. Haeckels has a shop in the lovely Margate area in the UK that sells products with all natural ingredients. They have a range of Edp fragrances that are based on areas around their location with the ingredients sourced from the area as well. They even have a lovely video of each of the areas the scents were inspired by so you can wear the scent and check out the video at the same time.

Well this opens up very minty with citrus on a green herbal backdrop. It's clean refreshing and the green herbalness just gets stronger and stronger as time goes by. You know when you are in nature and some leaves have that intense bitter green smell, well it's what I'm smelling in with the mint. Around the edges of the scent there are some floral tinges that come and go. Projection is good and the smell and the quality is top notch but I don't know if this is my cup of tea. I think sometimes when you are not used to something it may take time to warm to it's charms. Smells good though no denying that.

09/07/2019
This fragrance is called Dreamland and it's based on a old Victorian theme park that was re opened in 2015 I believe complete with ceremonial rose gardens. So you have to like roses to like this one.

Now some roses are austere and serious whilst others are jammy. Here the roses are bright sweet and powdery, it smells very nice and agreeable down to the sweetness. I like it but would feel uncomfortable wearing this one in public, it's intensely floral with some soft woods and patchouli in the drydown. But make no mistake this is all about powdery sweet roses. The quality is good as usual but I think I will wear this one behind closed doors.

09/07/2019
This scent is called Walpole Bay and it's a Edp - It's based on a uninhabited bay with remnants of beach use in times gone by and only a raw natural beauty left behind to enjoy.

Now this scent is made up of Galbanum which accounts for the intense greeness, lavender and eucalyptus. I'm sure there are other notes but these are the main players.

One spray to my arm was all that was needed to produce a intense sharp green fresh aroma. This quickly opens up to produce this watery saline effect, like your smelling the watery sea in the air. So if you can imagine a intense greenness mixed in with what smells to my nose like watery green sea air just caressing your senses like your walking on a old beach. It's quite unique and very strong, the projection is almost overwhelming. The mix of Galbanum, lavender and eucalyptus does produce a very unusual and evocative fragrance and one I have not smelled before.

The quality is good and I like it but it does overwhelm my senses at times, it's very fresh and that watery sea air effect is amazing. They have actually captured it quite well, sometimes I smell it and it's good. Other-times it overwhelms me but it is the definition of unique.

09/06/2019
This scent is called St Johns Cemetery and it is a artistic expression of the smells of that area.

Now imagine it's a dark overcast gray day and your mood is somber as your entering a graveyard. The first thing that hits you is pine mixed in with the smell of earthy leaves and moss. This is followed by dark musk and a hint of rosemary. So far the fragrance captures a serious gothic tone but it is quite a beautiful scent, it has the damp earthy piney green smell that you could match to a walk through a cemetery.

Now after about forty minutes a strong mossy pine mixed in with rosemary takes over and it is very beautiful and natural smelling. The projection is a tad below average but it has a distinct presence, something people close to you will not fail to pick up. I have to say I like this nearly as much as their other scent called Pegwell Bay but that one is quite special and long lasting. Anyone who likes Eucris by Trumper would love this one. All in all a very nice musky, mossy dark piney quality fragrance.

...