Jazzy76Jazzy76's Perfume Reviews

1 - 10 of 316

04/18/2019
It' s weird that I 've seen so many times this sinuous golden bottle but I never sprayed the scent: I imagined that it could be like the other Cavalli's creations, quite good but very similar and not so longlasting or particular for my taste..
Well, a few days ago I decided to give a chance to this fragrance and a new love at first smell is born!
Warm, sweet, "Golden", sensual, oriental and extremely feminine, this jus was exactly my cup of tea!
First of all I perceived the peppery touch giving a particular character to the bouquet, but immediately I was involved by an orange blossom cloud: warm and round, not at all bitter or too vibrant, made smoother and warmer by the wonderful oriental base notes (tonka bena, benzoin and sweet but not sweetish vanilla).
the sillage is surprisingly good as well as the longevity: wearing this scent is as exciting as wearing a sexy and intriguing lingerie .The botlle too recalls this sense of "Golden sensuality" with its rounded shape and its warm colour. I feel in this scent the true "Cavalli woman", sexy and refined at the same time.

04/12/2019
2 Awards
Life is like some scents: you must enjoy the moment and smell immediatley the better notes before they pass by.
I don't want to make philosophical speeches, but this reflexion went to my mind smelling this perfume, as good as evanescent.
I usually love all the fragrances by Tesori d'Oriente, an Italian brand making very good products at very affordable prices and with selected ingredients. I am a "serial collector" of all the fragrance of the range.
Although they could seem a little synthetic, the sillage is usually good , expecially for the warmer and spicier scentes. But Hmmam is an exception: it's a "carpe diem" and a wonderful but too short trip to the middle eastern atmospheres.
The opening neroli note is involving, round and very pleasant and feminine, if you close your eyes you can recognize almost the same bouquet you can find in the famous and expensive "Cinema" by Yves Saint Laurent.
The citrusy accents too are very fizzy and give a lively touch to this bouquet. Unfortuantely the base is almost non-existent. the light vanilla- musky notes I perceived the moment I sprayed the scent stepped evaporated after a few seconds leaving only a pale memory on my skin. I must confess that I was a little disappointed. However,I bought anyway this perfumed because the 100ml one size was on sale at 2,99€!
Last but not least, the nw bottle is nicier than the old: it's black with copper-couloured oriental decorations and , as all the fragrance of the line, is very easy and perfect to be kept in your bag for a refreshing moment whenever you want. I recommend this little pleasure mainly in the good season, by day as well as in the hottest nights for its light sillage.

04/05/2019
1 Awards
I have to do a little preface: I've Always been against all types of drugs and i've never smoked a joint, anyway I know the aromatic scent of the burnt marijane : it's unmistakable and I hate it .
However, when I saw on the drugstore's shelf this minimal and almost innocent bottle with the writing "Marijane" and the leaf's picture i saw to myself: "Oh My! A ....bottled joint?"
I was too curipous to discover if this scent was similar to a joint or fresher, more herbaceous and quite different.
The first impression wasn't so good: the marihuna note was quite strong covering the freshness of the citrusy opening notes , but after a few hours the pleasant frankincense note developped its "mystic"intensity giving way to a warmer base of earthy patchouli (noticeable but not too heavy ) , musk, Woods and a vibrant and green vetiver touch. So, finally this scent became balanced.
Anyway, it's a very particular unisex scent, not for everybody. recommended for the old and new hippies believing in the "flower power" phylosophy or simply for those who are searching for a unique fragrance.
So,if you want to "wear a legal joint", just test this scent!

03/30/2019
Just listen to the famous song "Still got the blues " by Gary Moore and close your eyes: imagine the blue notes resounding in the darkness.
Well, now imagine all these things made scent: it's Narciso Rodríguez for him.
First of all I was attracted by the squared, minimal, refined and blue bottle "looking at me" by the drugstore's shelf : it seemed to me very classy and remined me of a contemporary version of some old chemist's bottles .
The moment I sprayed the scent I smelled the blues made perfume: vibrant, deep, but also soft , melancholy and plaintive. This effect is produced by the blue cedar, as vibrant and velvety as the sound of a jazz guitar , the dark and warm ebony note, similar to the sound of the bass, and the musk, giving a stronger character . Vetiver accents give a touch of freshness and lightness to this "olfactive ballad" wearable by a quite introverted but very classy man. It's a scent with a good sillage, but absolutely not heavy. It's a blue veil wearable by a woman too maybe by night for an unexpected androgynous effect. Put a touch of blue(s) in your life!

03/23/2019
What's the "man's best"? Is it His strong and brave side or the sweet, sexy but also tender and cocooning one?
This scent seems to represent the warmer and more tender man's side without giving up on the sexiest shades.
It's a true cocoon opening with a pepepry note and giving way to a spicy and very warm heart made of cinnamon and cashmere.Finally, the embrace of a sweet but not sweetish vanilla and Depp and involving tonka bean.
It's the perfect fall-winter fragrance to wear in your special occasions as well as every day for its quite good but not heavy sillage. I tested on my feminine skin too and I was conquired by this warm and spicy bouquet, really pleasant and wearable by a woman too for its sweetness.
Partoicular the golden-amber bottle with its unmistakable oblique shape, typical of the Bruno Banani's creations.
The price is affordable, but unfortunately this scent is available only as a 40ml one size, just like its "scented brothers". I'd prefer a bigger size. Anyway, give a chance to this Golden delight!

03/17/2019
2 Awards
"You don't know what love is until you've learnt the meaning of the blues, untile you've loved a love you had to lose, you don't know what love is..."
These are the bitter opening lyrics of a famous and wonderful jazz ballad talking about a lost love .Love is a "many splendored thing", but it has its bitter side.
Well, when I smelled this unforgettable scent by La Perla I immediately thought of these words perceiving the bitterness of the jus.
First of all, I must remark that this perfume is the perfect son of the Eighties, but with a dark and more "twilight" shade.
it's an indeniable sexy, carnal and very feminine bouquet starting with spicy touches and giving way to a very refined flowery heart dominated by the carnation note and made more sensual and warmer by the Jasmine and the ylang. Finally, a strong and bitter mossy base with earthy patchouli touches , made rounder by oriental notes such as benzoin and ambergris.
A precious potion to wear whenever you want to feel sexy and sophisticated with a dark touch, maybe by night or by day in the colder season. The sillage is wonderful as well as the longevity and in particular the moss-patchouli notes last on your skin for hours and hours. Refined in its simplicity the bottle with the black cap .
A great classic I think every collector might own.

03/14/2019
2 Awards
"When I fall in love it will be forever or I'll never fall in love..."
These are the opening lyrics of a famous song performed by great and unforgettable voices suche as Nat King Cole.
Falling in love is a complete , exciting, unique experience. everything in your life seems to be pink coloured and you walk on the clouds.
How to represent this mood with a perfume? I think that with this scent "King Giorgio" hitted the mark.
Pink outside and inviting, its cherry and red berries gourmand opening notes weel represent the sweetness of love with that touch of sour.
The flowery heart is a hymn to feminity: a voluptuos Jasmine marries the flowers' queen, a very romantic rose.
And because love can cause addiction like alcool and it drives you crazy when it's too much, why don't add an alcolic touch with an unusual vermouth base note?
It's the perfect accord. This "scented love story" is longlasting and quite strong and it's perfect by day as well as by night and everytime you want to feel sexy and teneder-romantic at the same time.
Very refined in its simplicity the bottle, with a dusky silver cap .The price is high ....just like true love!

03/12/2019
1 Awards
"Someday He'll come alonethe man I loveand He'll be big and strongthe man i love ..."
With this lyrics by Ira Gershwin, George's Brother, one of my favourite jazz ballads begins.
And I immediately thought of this song the moment I smelled this powerful but also sweet and cocooning fragrance contained in a minimal but very refined bottle.
it's just like my ideal of man: strong but sweet, brave and tender at the same time.
It was love at first smell with this scent: I've been conquired by its spicy and warm embrace .
The peppery opening notes gives that fizzy and masculine touch to the bouquet, made immediately warmer , sweeter and more intriguing by the cinnamon .The tonka bean and the amber at the base give that special cocooning and gourman character, just like a masculine caress.
The sillage is powerful , so this fragrance is perfect in the colder season by day as well as by night . A delight to wear in special occasion or when you want to be seductive with a touch of tenderness. and warmth.
Although it's a masculine fragrance, I think tnhat a woman too could dare this spicy bomb : I tested it on my skin and the result was really surprising.
Everyone has a masculine and feminine side. This scent represents perfectly the union of these characters in a unique , tight, sweet embrace .

03/10/2019
I smelled just Yesterday this Tom ford's creation and I was expecting something deeper and more mysterious because I was influenced by the name "orchid". Anyway, It was a very good surprise to me: this shining Golden bottle hides a very powerful scent giving immediately good vibes and warmth to my body and soul.
I 've been immediately involved by pepepry notes hitting my nose , but a few seconds ago the wonderful and vibrant tuberose's solo arrived. This note was like a first lady with a shining Golden dress . the abosolute star.
I thought of the wonderful and unforgettable powerhouses' perfumes of teh glorious Eighties: well, this scent seems stepped out of that Golden period.
Finally, I appreciated the base notes: a warm and perfectly balanced patchouli and the elegant orchid touch. I 'm seeing right now that in the pyramyd there's also a strange chestnut touch, but my nose hasn't perceveid it.
The sillage is surprisingly good , as well as the logevity. The price is very high, maybe too much , however, for my tastes, I think that this one is a great old style perfume to wear by day in the mid-cold season or also by night everytime you want to shine and leave a sign of your passage.

03/09/2019
A tall and slim gentleman wearing a long dark coat with a perfect British aplomb is walking on the streets of the Big Apple , populated by lots of "macho-men" wearing bomber or black leather jackets.
He's alone, He's different, He's refined and classy. Just like the Englishman in New York mentioned in the famous song by Sting .
This is what I imagined looking at 2My Sir"'s bottle and smelling its bouquet.
In a very refined fumé bottle there's a very classy scent involving your nose and your body in a wonderful citrusy-aromatic-spicy cloud.
First of all, you smell the opening citrusy-spicy notes, with a solo of ginger and rhubarb similar to the one of the Brandford Marsalis' soprano sax in the Sting's tune. Vibrant and refined.
Then, a warmer peppery heart develops its character but it's immediately balanced by a very british lavender touch. Finally, a wonderful amber-patchouli base where the notes aren't too strong, , earthy or too "masculine" , but just suggested, giving a deeper touch to this so good balanced bouquet.
This is the secret of a longlasting scent never resulting heavy and perfect to be worn at the office too or everytime you want to feel different but with discretion.
I tested this scent on my feminine skin too and it was wonderful: it develops almost incensed notes and the peppery-spicy accents give their best .
Last but not least , the affordable price, because class is an attidute and not a money matter.
So, citing the last lyrics of the famous song, if you feel a gentleman inside, give a chance to this scent and "BE YOURSELF, NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY"

1 - 10 of 316