KLewisKLewis' Perfume Reviews

1 - 10 of 26

07/24/2019
I always purchase a "clone" fragrance with relatively low expectations, but there are a few that stand above the rest for me, Armaf Tres Nuit is one that immediately springs to mind, and now this will be joining it. This is came to my attention for being a supposed clone of Giorgio Armani's Acqua Di Gio, and while I haven't used the original, I do have and regularly use Acqua Di Gio Profumo and there are similarities to be had there.

Compared to the Profumo, this fragrance is definitely a lot fruitier with the citrus, but it's not so overpowering that I can't smell the aquatic notes that I have come to love from my Acqua Di Gio Profumo. I find that this fragrance has decent sillage, it doesn't go further than an arms length I would say, but I do like my fragrances to be a bit closer to me.

I'm not overly impressed with the longevity, I'm getting roughly 2 hours on my skin before the scent is completely gone, but when it comes to having a spray on shirt, I'm getting closer to 4 hours. Still not the best, but I've known more expensive fragrances to perform about the same for me.

I really do not like the Milton-Lloyd bottles, purely because the atomiser acts more as a deodorant cap would rather than a traditional fragrance atomiser, it is very easy to over spray with these bottles, in fact, the first time I tried this fragrance I received a headache, most likely due to overspray because I didn't realise the atomiser worked this way.

All in all, for the £3 I paid for a 50ml bottle, it's worth it.
I love wearing my Acqua Di Gio Profumo, but as it's rather expensive, I'm happy with wearing this as my daily fragrance to save me some money. Sure it doesn't last long, but it's easy to spray a few times throughout the day when needed.

06/18/2019
This is the first wax based cologne that I have tried and I was pleasantly surprised by it.

Freshman is a marine / fresh scent, which according to the website is inspired by Acqua Di Gio and I can definitely smell a resemblance. I found that the top notes of bergamot and citrus hang around for about the same length of time as they do in an EDT, the heart notes are not the strongest and act more like a lesser intensity base, but the base itself has a nice cedar and spice scent to finish.

The longevity of Freshman is roughly 4 or 5 hours, but the application method has a slight learning curve as it’s easy to put on too little or too much, but after a short time I think I've found the right balance for me.

03/16/2019
3 Awards
This fragrance gets dismissed really quickly due to it being a very linear fragrance. It's a nice fresh scent, you get the fruitiness of the pear mixed with the lavender and iris while also getting the woody and vanilla notes at the base. The leather note is there but it's hardly noticeable at the beginning to my nose, but is does develop more around 30 minutes in.

The description on this site is spot on by saying it's a powdery fresh scent, personally I would describe it as a fruity / sweet take on Prada L'Homme, it's a great daily business / casual fragrance, and at £60 for 100ml I would say it has a fair price as well, definitely one that will be a part of my collection for some time.

12/26/2018
Found this today in The Body Shop store and I rather liked it, definitely liked it more than the other choices in the store that's for sure.

The first thing I notice in this fragrance is it's full on spicey and wooden notes, it's a warm scent. I can also pick out citrus notes, possibly lemon and orange, as well as something could be described as a green note but I'm not so sure about grass like what is listed here. On the drydown you lose the citrus, but retain all the spice, wood and green notes, but something about this fragrance is making me pick up on something powdery which I'm not quite sure what it could be, possibly incense? Carrying on through the drydown is also where I start to get more amber shining through giving it a rich honey-like undertone.

This is a nice fragrance, especially for the price of £16 is the UK, the longevity I get from this scent is roughly 5 hours which is decent, and the sillage is good enough from about an arms length away. The bottle is pretty generic but the sprayer works pretty well which is all you really need.

If you're looking for a deep, spicy, woody fragrance then I would definitely give this a try but this is also very much a try before you buy for anyone interested.

12/04/2018
2 Awards
Club De Nuit Intense Man arrived on my doorstep this morning and I could not wait to give this fragrance a try, I've got to say that I've been blown away by this stuff, I've heard a lot of hype around this fragrance but with a UK price tag of around £30 I wasn't expecting anything great, how wrong I was, both the scent and performance have gone beyond my expectations.

With this fragrance is a smoky, fruity pineapple scent, to my surprise, it doesn't smell tpp synthetic either, the only part I find synthetic is the citrus which to me smells kind of like a cleaning product type of citrus. Performance wise, I sprayed 3 bursts onto myself around midday, after 4 hours I was still noticeably able to smell quite strong bursts of the scent every so often and the scent was still there on my skin after 8 hours.

If you've read anything about Club De Nuit Intense Man, you've more than likely heard about it resemblance to Creed Aventus as that is why this fragrance gets so much hype, that hype is quite well deserved in my opinion as to me this is very much like a smokier batch of Aventus, not as fresh or as natural smelling but there are definitely big similarities between the two.

Overall this is a great fragrance for the price, suited for casual and office occasions in my opinion, not so much for a night out as I think there are far better clubbing fragrances.

11/15/2018
1 Awards
Right from the start I can smell the wood, leather, amber, moss and the sweetness of the grapefruit and the sugar. It's not overly sweet which is great in my opinion, the woody and leather notes are the main notes I can pick out from this fragrance making it a heavier cologne. The drydown doesn't change much for me, a bit more of the base notes but ultimately it just smells less sweet, it was at this point it started to smell like a generic, masculine fragrance to me as fragrance itself isn't anything unique or new, it's a safe, pleasant fragrance that is great for all day use in the autumn / fall season, for men of all ages. It will pull in some compliments because it is a nice fragrance, but I don't think it stands out enough to be memorable.

10/30/2018
Montblanc Individuel begins with a sweet, fruity opening where the use of raspberry is instantly noticeable, but it also holds a freshness thanks to the floral notes and a nice use of mint. As it starts to develop, I get some more floral notes and the wood notes start to shine through a lot more with sandalwood standing out the most before the vanilla and tonka bean come in, but throughout the whole thing there is still that scent of raspberry.

I've seen this scent compared to two other scents, Joop Homme and Creed Original Santal. It's been a while since I last smelled Joop Homme, but I can definitely tell there are similarities here, the main difference for me being that Individuel doesn't smell as sickly sweet to me which is what I didn't like about Joop Homme, Individuel seems like a modern take the scent.

I'm comparing Individuel to Creed Original Santal right now and again there are similarities, the main difference, besides the obvious use of higher quality ingredients from Creed, is that Original Santal is definitely pushing more of the wooden notes in the fragrance and also smells a bit more "powdery" I guess, not to mention how much stronger the scent is. When Individuel starts to lose some of the powerful fruity notes, the scents get a bit closer, but it will always retain that raspberry note keeping it fruitier and Original Santal more wooden in comparison.

Individuel is a nice scent, I definitely prefer it over Joop Homme and it is similar to Creed Original Santal, though not similar enough to be labeled as a clone, particularly because it was released 2 year prior. This scent is very much a safe scent, it's pleasing but there is nothing really special about it, I said the same thing about Original Santal and that leads me on to who I believe this scent is for, I have this scent because a £25 scent smelling similar to a £200+ scent is a lot better than it being the other way around, it's a very nice everyday scent and it's not going to cost you much at all, in fact it's probably one of the nicest fragrances I've tried at this price.

10/29/2018
I've seen many reviews comparing this to Montblanc Individuel created by Pierre Bourdon, rumours of his involvement with Creed Green Irish Tweed have lead to people speculating his involvement with Original Santal to produce a much higher quality variant of Individuel... I personally can't see this being true, but I found it interesting.

There definitely are similarities between Creed Original Santal and Montblanc Individuel, they are both fruity, spicy, sweet and woody fragrances, the main difference between the two is that Individuel holds more of a clean freshly washed clothes kind of scent while Original Santal retains its spice and fruitiness thanks to the higher quality ingredients that Creed use.

In my opinion, this is probably the most "designer" smelling fragrance that Creed has released, if I was to spend Creed prices on fragrance, my choices would be Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial or spend that little bit more and go for Aventus because I find those fragrances so much more interesting. The scent of Original Santal can be found in a few cheaper, designer options and the price is what makes the difference, £25 for something that smells like Original Santal is a good buy, but spending £215 on a scent that doesn't smell too different from £25 designer fragrance is not.

09/23/2018
I have the "Man of Today" edition, but Parfumo won't allow reviews on that page.

I love Boss Bottled from the first time I tried it, it's a classic, pleasant and masculine scent which in my opinion deserves to be as successful as it is. The apple, plum, cinnamon, vanilla and sandalwood combine to make something truly amazing and very versatile. I've used this fragrance at work, suited up, casual dress and only avoided wearing this fragrance during the hotter months.

Fantastic work from Annick Ménardo

09/23/2018
I received a sample of this a few months ago, I remember liking the scent but I also remember thinking that there was nothing special about it. The grapefruit was nice on the opening and it dried to a decent tonka bean and wood, but it's got ingredients in it which personally I believe have been used better in other fragrances, for example, Bleu De Chanel with the grapefruit and Armani Code with the tonka dry down.

1 - 10 of 26