Ka3nKa3n's Perfume Reviews

1 - 5 by 14
Ka3n 6 months ago 2

olfactory bliss
If you are a fan of osmanthus in it's purest form, this is a must try. I have discovered the entire EB collection in Paris and later in NYC and ever since I could not stop loving it. One thing for sure the entire line is done impeccably with the touch of elegance long lost in latest designer fragrance releases. Funny enough I see it happening in the niche world lately as well, 99% of things revolve around all the same notes released by all same houses year after year, being picked up by others calling it "insipred" scents..... That shift is not touching my soul by one bit. I am sad to day that several brands are stepping towards mediocrity and "selling to the public on high demand " something that has been done better and they get away with that. But not EB, he has always taken care of the wow factor and making things unique, even if it is not always a successful wow. Working together with A. Morillas for several of his releases, Kingston osmanthus has made my knees weak when I initially encountered it years back. I left with a bottle back then and finished it and have repurchased karafe this year because it is one of those fragrances I can't imagine my collection without.

This is an ode to osmanthus in it's cleanest unaltered existence. Osmanthus is fresh, like it is blossoming off a tree. If you are familiar with Ormonde Jayne elixir osmanthus, imagine it being gender inert and mixed with drops of by Kilian GGGB minus the cotton candy part. Fun fact, both GGGB and Kingston Osmanthus are made by the same nose, yet EB carries a more refined floral heart. Absolute love for me and holy grail amongst all of the osmanthus centered fragranced specimens in my collection.

Ka3n 6 months ago 4

divine and delicious
After finishing endless samples and decants of it, I finally made a purchase and can't be more happy I did. Sophisticated, very easy to wear fragrance with dominant tobacco-cinnamon-vanilla gourmand accords mingling into little sweet cloud of happiness around me. I used to avoid it in the summer months but my hand reached for it yesterday as I craved it so much.

It opened in the new light for me. I had experienced more musky side of it and tobacco blossom was somehow getting creamy before picking up the volume on sweetness couple hours later. Soft smokiness was merely present and I loved it like that. Definitely will wear it again on a warmer day.

P.S.: Hat down for new modernized Casamorati presentation, older packaging looks so outdated. New boxes flatter the beautiful bottles inside

Ka3n 9 months ago 4

Interesting one
This is a very interesting release. Fennel and anise are so well mixed together creating this unique green soft at spicy aura around you. Mint is present and is very fresh, unfortunately for me it is too toothpastes in here. You do get very strong marine and almost salty scent profile in here even though salt or anything mineral is not listed in the pyramid. It is definitely there. I caught shiso in the opening seconds and would want to see it more present. I think this particular element has not been used enough in fragrances. The only staple scent that comes into my mind is nomenclature offering with same name.

Nonetheless, very elegant borderline aquatic fragrance with soft jasmine and lightest hints of tuberose in it's heart. I wouldn't run to buy a full bottle but would be happy if some miniature would make it into my collection at some point. Well done.

Ka3n 10 months ago 4

best flanker
I've had all versions of alien passing through my collection and this is the only one that stayed in it for a lifetime. It's niche quality blend, there is nothing designer about it. It's longevity and performance are incredible. I get soft rounded leather together with oakwood like in cognac barrels. It's intoxicating fragrance. I can't imagine my collection without it. From all of the cuir releases this is miles apart from the rest. The amber in the base is rich and has slight hints of salty caramel. Gorgeous creation

Ka3n 10 months ago 5

beautiful blend
this has been my signature scent for a long time. I was following Elie Saab releases from the day one and ordered mine right once it's been launched. It's sad that this entire collection has been discontinued. Tonka in here is very unisex and has a spicy kick to it. Base is semi-sweet and woody and overal feel is that it is a gourmand blend with oriental undertones. To me it is the best offering from the entire collection. Perfectly balanced and also huge compliment getter.

1 - 5 by 14