Landshark321Landshark321's Perfume Reviews

Filter & sort
1 - 5 by 297
Landshark321 6 days ago 1
Agreeable aquatic, fresh but with a little edge
Naviglio is the last sample of my Milano Fragranze sample set, a soapy aquatic that mixes a bit of dirty seawater with a clean cologne concept, involving citruses, lavender, petitgrain, vetiver, and cedar. It’s immediately very interesting and an easy-to-wear marine scent that nevertheless is interesting, particularly in how it balances the clean vs. dirty aspect, generally the great challenge of marine scents, making them realistic have some of the “dirty” aspects of seawater while at the same time being a palatable, refreshing fragrance.

Naviglio achieves this very well and becomes one of reliable favorites, like Imaginary Authors Every Storm a Serenade (which leans dirtier, with its prominent calone note), Nautica Oceans (which is cleaner, more of a saltier freshwater vibe), Tom Ford Costa Azzurra (comparably dirty, but saltier/sharper, with driftwood and seaweed), and Dua Flagship (which is sweeter/muskier), though I’m sure I’m leaving out others. Naviglio is a nice option among these, fairly easy to wear relative to some aquatics while still having its own vibe.

Naviglio, like the rest of the Milano Fragranze line, is priced at $135 for 100ml, which I maintain is pretty outstanding in the current market, and certainly more accessible than the Masque Milano line, which has similar bottle prices as the 35ml size. Milano Fragranze is sold at boutiques like Perfumology, where I bought my sample set.

It’s been really fun working through the sample set of eight, and I look forward to trying to the newer releases as well.

Landshark321 9 days ago 1
Nice sweet nectary floral with fruity touches
Milano Fragranze La Prima is certainly the most floral-forward entry in the line that I’ve tried so far, a nectary white/yellow floral blend featuring osmanthus, orange blossom, and jasmine, along with bergamot and multiple mentions of a “pure jungle essence” of cardamom and vanilla bourbon. It does have a bit of a tropical feel, with a vague fruitiness behind the floral front, very fresh, sweet, and easily enjoyable, I’d say. It vaguely reminds me of some other fragrances but none specifically come to mind, so this is a fun one to try, for sure, even if not among my very favorites of the line so far, but I could certainly see myself wearing this in a lot of situations.

La Prima, like the rest of the Milano Fragranze line, is priced at $135 for 100ml, which I continue to maintain is very reasonable, and makes for a more affordable alternative (by volume) to the Masque Milano line, which has similarly-priced bottles that are only 35ml.

7 out of 10
Landshark321 10 days ago 1
Neat use of red fruits
Milano Fragranze Galleria is a sweet, fruity, and spicy blend featuring red fruits, carrot seeds, sandalwood, citruses, davana, and patchouli, mostly, of the longer note list. There’s a realistically sweet red fruit note that’s front-and-center, tempered somewhat by a green, floral, citrus, woody collection of other contributing notes, the carrot seed providing the most vegetable produce aspect with also some support from citruses, and then a blended base of sandalwood, patchouli, amber, and leather, with something rustic yet creamy working under it all. It has the feel of a “jack of all trades” scent, fresh and fruity enough but still with some heft and gravitas, and I’ve not quite smelled this particular blend, as the use of the red fruits in particular feels just right: significant but not overbearing or even heavy-handed. It has a sort of yearround “classy date scent” vibe to it, but does defy characterization somewhat in terms of scent profile.

Overall, I quite like it, perhaps not among my very favorites of the line so far, but still a very good scent and, certainly, as with the others, very much worth trying out, with good performance. It’s also highly versatile, among the most versatile of the house that I’ve tried so far.

Like the rest of the line, Galleria is priced at $135 for 100ml, in EDP concentration, and in the US is available at great boutiques like Perfumology, where I purchased my sample set.

7 out of 10
Landshark321 11 days ago 2
Superb "fougere meets amaretto" concept
Milano Fragranze Diurno’s description of “a timeless fougere with a subtle hint of amaretto” feels highly accurate, the mix featuring the amaretto itself, then lavender, geranium, sage, and cedar. So it has the spicy/herbal/woody center with the fougere’s signature, lavender, and then amaretto, which feels like the most substantial single note, to make the fragrance into something different and new. It’s instantly impression-making, with some element of freshness and a classic fougere that make it seem universal, but at the same with an idiosyncratic amaretto note that’s bound to delight some (like me) though perhaps confound others who are less keen on the almond liqueur, despite the abundant Disaronno TV ads of the 2000s.

For me, Diurno an instant love, the sharp/boozy/sweet aspect of the amaretto being a playful contrast to the more centered and traditional fougere elements, not quite opposites at play, but still a neat blend of elements that I hadn’t previously considered as eligible companions. I’m really impressed with it, as it’s among my favorites I’ve tried of the house to this point. My impression of the Milano Fragranze line is that it’s a little more accessible than the perhaps more artistic Masque Milano line that preceded it, but more to come on that as I continue to sample the blues, as I’m calling them.

Like the rest of the Milano Fragranze line, Diurno is very reasonably priced at $135 for 100ml, in EDP concentration, and is sold in the US at beloved boutiques like my own local Perfumology.

Landshark321 13 days ago 1
Lovely spicy, resinous, fougere-type, new but classic
Milano Fragranze Derby is a spicy, semi-herbal, semi-fresh blend that has an immediately classic vibe, inspired by a horse race course, consisting of resins, sharp florals (lavender, violet), patchouli, sandalwood, vetiver, and oakmoss. It definitely has the “late 20th century men’s signature scent” concept and does it quite effectively, and in a way that is fairly unique, not resembling another specific scent that I can recall, while nonetheless feeling a part of a grander tradition, rendering it a bit relatable despite its own character. It manages to achieve a spicy concept without using any spices per se, either, furthering sort of lavender-first fougere idea, and it walks the lien effectively between being a bit provocative and also being comforting, familiar, and somewhat easy to wear. The rather loud opening settles down quite a lot within an hour, and it’s a scent I meant even wear on a summer night, just perhaps not a summer day.

Overall, it’s an instant love, and I’m very impressed. Of the four I’ve tried, Derby and Basilica are my favorites. Derby, like the rest of the line, is priced at $135 for 100ml, in EDP concentration, a very reasonable price in the current market, and is sold at great boutiques like Perfumology that also sell the Masque Milano line.

1 - 5 by 297