LorenzoYannLorenzoYann's Perfume Reviews

Filter & sort
1 - 5 by 23
LorenzoYann 2 months ago 2
Damp T-shirt and sunscreen
Among all the variations that you can call or associate this beach / leisure type fragrance to is a damp t-shirt from your trip at the beach contacting with the sunscreen, to put it simply; provided that your sunscreen smells similar in the first place (ahah). I don't know if I have smelled other things like this before: there are a lot of salty, iodized, calonic, beach type of fragrances that want to portray many different facets of the experience but I think many of these are becoming a joke and depicting places in such a detailed way, using more than three or four visual hints, I agree with Pierre Guillaume: becomes ridiculous, well not this one. I think the closest beach-floral from the same category I have smelled would be Sabbia Bianca from Profumum Roma and although it has a different key-note and it's at a different concentration I place it in the same 45° degree angle of the spectrum.
I smell a very faint iodized note, not sure if it's entirely due to monoi oil or if there's also ylang. To me Ylang-Ylang is one of the lesser indolic white florals and has an iodized smell on top of a creamy one right after: this is where I start to smell solar amber, sunscreen. It locks in with a comeback to something slightly tart but it isn't all salty. Of course if you weren't trained to like white florals as I do probably you would consider this perfume misleading. It's a really brilliant blend of coastal human experiences bottled for everyone to use. Personally I love to use it to complement my late afternoons from may to september, the creaminess comes forth when you're blessed by the last sun rays and the white florals deploy like one of those gorgeous night flowers after blue hour.
LorenzoYann 3 months ago 1
Vanilla Rose Chocolate Saffron and Sandalwood with 1 year Longevity
The discovery of this fragrance was different from my typical store stroll. The atmosphere of the Arabian Oud shop on the Champs-Élysées is great. I loved the direct approach of the personnel too: I was given a lot of different fragrance to smell in a short time without a lot of fuss about philosophy. Despite me being a lover of narrative and story-telling in the context of fragrances, that's exactly what I was expecting from the brand: an easy to navigate repertoire with strong, statement-making fragrances. The offerings I was given were a bit similar to one another despite the fact that I was told that Resala was "different" and "on its own" but I must say I loved all of them and all of these different shades of Vanilla.
Resala is a bomb of sweet sandalwood (I don't talk much about vanilla because if you're a fan of the brand you know it's pretty much all over the place) with a strong siding of Rose for a very "prestigious" yet not-feminine effect, fantastic! There is saffron of course and the vanilla is sided with chocolate for just a different touch from the rest as mentioned. I don't think there is too much Oud here. The fragrance is a bit similar and redundant if you own the others like Aseel, Rosewood etc main differentiation being that Resala feels way more damp in comparison to the very dry Rosewood. It's on the same track of Intense cafe OG and Ristretto, an over-powered Starry Nights, Delox by Tiz. Ter. but with a very very special effect.
LorenzoYann 4 months ago 2
Very high end materials to my nose
I am impressed by the aromas from the line of Venti 4 as a whole for their texture that makes me think there is a lot of high-end material being used, but I am even more impressed by the potency, projection and radiance of their 4 offerings. This one is a bergamot burst fragrance with little indolic jasmine tied with something from the civet family through the base, which could also be a slightly dirty labdanum however. The flowery projection that travels space is remarkable, the citrusy top and burst keeps the base clean while the latter (the base) anchors the fragrance to the skin like a tattoo. A warm weather fragrance but I don't like the ever so slightly dirtiness in my summer arsenal, that is just a personal view. It would be hard to every-day wear this over hot weather for me. Chapeau for the execution! Price point roughly 350€ each 100mls, they sell 50mls I think though.
Warm sand
A blast of bergamot that lasts a minute and a warm accord of sand similar to the one present in Profvmvm's Sabbia Bianca (minus the flowers) with the warmth of tobacco similar to the one in Naxos by Xerjoff. Couldn't put it easier than this. Great scent! Redundant if you have small decants of these two like myself though..
Hidden citrus gem
This came like a surprise to me. I was enjoying my stay in Taormina during new year's eve and a 70 °F weather frame. It sprung into my mind to begin looking at summer freshies and while walking down the streets I couldn't help but notice this "local-themed" perfumery house that the city is peppered with. I find this very recurring in Italy at the moment: each place has a way to propose some fragrance-related souvenirs, often in the shape of boring, repetitive fragrances, clones or just cheapies. I decided to give Aria di Sicilia a try and I quickly changed my mind. Their collection is surely safely designed in order to have at least 1 product please the customer but their fragrances, for their price tag, their performance and their execution are actually above average! I will unbalance myself and say that this citrus fragrance here could be on the same shelf of Acqua Viva by Profumum Roma or Eau d'Hadrien or the citrus line of Perris Monte Carlo, of course still being on the lower end of the spectrum. It's really in the same ballpark of the first two I mentioned with the exception of how the fruity citrus is exasperated, with an addition of an unclear sweetness which some people refer to it as a little bubblegummy but despite the simple note listing there's surely some woodiness without falling in the category of the commercial, aromatic citric colognes. If people crave Acqua Viva for how it made the lemon of Eau D'Hadrien shine, this perfume makes it shine even more. The packaging doesn't do justice to the juice at all since longevity and projection are crazy for the price point and the natural citruses that I think are really there.
1 - 5 by 23