Makers75Makers75's Perfume Reviews

Filter & sort
1 - 5 by 7
Makers75 8 months ago 2 1
Venturesome Experience
Bois Sikar is an audacious frag for sure. I've been wearing this bold, smokey, and woody scent for a few days and it makes an impression. It is high quality Niche perfume and a splendid addition to the Atelier Des Ors - Black Collection.

The initial spray reveals the unique character of Bois Sikar -- the smoke, cedar, and tobacco burst forward like cracking the door to a cigar bar filled with all the aromas rushing into your nostrils. It's not a smell to accentuate but an experience. BS is so well blended the strong notes invite you in and then confidently hand you a single malt whiskey neat. It's ballsy, unabashed, elegant, sophisticated, seductive... this stuff is great! It's a man's man scent that the ladies want you to smell like.

One reviewer on LuckyScent stated, "People will love you or hate you." That's most likely true, but either way they will respect you. BS stands beside the other Atelier Des Ors: Black Caps in my collection, but he's so confident he'd securely stand alone.

Finally, Bois Sikar has excellent performance: 10+ hours longevity with hours of strong projection. He will not disappoint! Also, BS garners numerous compliments and unsolicited statements as if others are compelled to acknowledge him.
Makers75 8 months ago 1
Remarkable Iris
A unique alluring delicate warm Iris. The scent is very unisex and would be beautiful on a man or woman IMHO. That said, some may feel the fragrance leans masculine bc it's not overly powdery or too sweet. It is posh though. Iris Fauve wafts through the air and lingers leaving a seductive trail. Truly captivating. I did purchase the 100ml - if you are aware of the House, you know how outstanding Atelier Des Ors presentation is... just stunning!

Edit: Yesterday was my first full wearing of this fragrance and it is a true pleasure. Marie Salamagne is an artist (I own FB of Lune Feline & Iris Fauve). Iris Fauve is beautiful, luxurious, sexy - would be an amazing Spring / Summer signature scent. I first applied 3 sprays around 1 PM and received two compliments within a hour. The fragrance is easily perceivable from 6 foot away. I reapplied around 8 PM with 4 sprays and captured wafts all through the night while I slept. Iris Fauve is still present closely on my clothes this morning almost 24 hours later. The perfume is never overwhelming. I am pleasantly surprised with the performance (12+ hours longevity, 5+ solid projection) and the high quality ingredients sets this scent apart.
Makers75 8 months ago 3
Moonstruck: Luxurious Vanilla
Exquisite Perfume! The most intoxicating vanilla fragrances I have ever experienced… just beautiful. Please note this is a luxurious perfume of the highest quality. Some may assume a vanilla scent would be typical or designer. Lune Feline is not that. It is 10/10 and the presentation is impeccable – a true gem masterpiece. Lune Feline is completely unisex with a Durability which is above average. Take a chance and try this perfume. It's worth it.
Makers75 10 months ago 4 1
Intensely Gorgeous!
Gorgeous Fragrance! I first encountered Patchouli Intense while sampling the offerings of NICOLAÏ PARFUMEUR-CREATEUR and soon I purchased 30 ml bottles of Patchouli Intense, New York Intense, Cuir Cuba Intense, and Neroli Intense. All Patricia de Nicolaï’s creations are beautiful and each have unique character. Patchouli Intense is a much loved all-time favorite of mine. Patchouli Intense by Nicolaï is like walking through a blooming manicured garden on an early spring morning at first light as frost dusts the ground – your senses awakened to the announcement of new life and a new season as the sun breaks over the horizon and the dark spices of winter linger closely by. PI is enchanting, regal, and alluring.

I recall the first compliment I received wearing Patchouli Intense. I was in Washington DC on business early February 2019. While preparing to leave the hotel for the conference, I walked to the front lobby to request the car and grab coffee. The early February morning was cold, windy, but sunny. While returning to the elevator, I passed a woman walking her small white dog. I noticed her to the side as she grabbed up the pup like a handbag and quickly made her way behind me to get on the elevator. She promptly asked, "Sir, may I ask what you are wearing? You smell amazing!" I smiled and replied, "Thank you! It's Patchouli Intense by Patricia de Nicolaï." If I remember correctly, the pooch was less than amused but the encounter was memorable for me.

Back to the fragrance: scent: 10/10 with exceptional durability and sillage.
Makers75 10 months ago 2
Patchouli 1854 – Center-Stage Solo Performance
Patchouli 1854 reveals the complex character of this solo star. Confident in his natural DNA, there is no need for a chorus of accompanying notes to complete the ensemble. His mystique is showcased for everyone to experience – bold but subtle, tender but deep, gentry but earthy, refined but rugged. He was not born into privilege rather endured the trials of life to obtain glory – meet Patchouli 1854.

Patchouli 1854 has come at the end of a long search which began some time ago for me. I first encountered patchouli while sampling the offerings of NICOLAÏ PARFUMEUR-CREATEUR. Patricia de Nicolaï’s work is beautiful and Patchouli Intense is a much loved all-time favorite of mine. However, with every artistic expression, Patchouli Intense reveals the artist’s interpretation of patchouli, whereas Patchouli 1854 allows you to discover his intrinsic value – not an idealistic representation, but truly who he is.

It’s oddly comforting to finally pierce the veneer to discover the natural beauty he holds. If I were to compare Patchouli Intense to Patchouli 1854, I would say Patchouli Intense by Nicolaï is walking through a blooming manicured garden early spring at first light as frost dusts the ground – your senses awakened to the announcement of new life and a new season while the dark spices of winter linger closely by, whereas Patchouli 1854 is walking through a virgin forest late on a fall evening after a soaking rain – hints of summer still persist but leaves cover the ground, the damp humid air fills with the aromas of earth, wood, and vegetation. It’s raw, natural, and enchanting.

Patchouli 1854 is a treasure.
1 - 5 by 7