MariaSMariaS's Perfume Reviews

1 - 5 of 15
MariaS 3 months ago 1

Where have you been all my life??
“I've been everywhere, man, Looking for someone, Someone who can please me Love me all night long…” ok enough with Rihanna!
All I want to say is that this is what I feel about this fragrance!!

I don’t like summer fragrances or citrusy scents or aquatic scents which are more appropriate scents for hot weather. I sure enjoy coconut and fruity scents but everything I have found has some disadvantage which is usually the performance. I mean I know it can’t smell all day on my skin with 40 degrees of Celsius outside , but at least let me reach work place smelling it!!! If you have any suggestions for summer scents that last a decent amount of time, please feel free to leave me a comment and I would be very grateful!!

This fragrance is a gourmand creamy scent with dominant peach and coconut that has a great performance! It can even last all day on my skin and clothes if I spray a bit more than usual! If you like peach, you will love it! It’s very well blended and gives a summery vibe without being a typical freshie scent.

I remember I loved la nuit tresor but I haven’t smelled it for a long time in order to compare it with this. I usually don’t smell releases like this because they are copies of the original but this one didn’t remind me of something I ve smelled before!

Since I started this hobby with fragrances, I don’t have a signature scent because I can’t stick to one fragrance for long! But this one I believe it will be my signature scent for summertime! If you love gourmands and peach you should definitely try it!

Thank you for your time!!

Be safe and smell great!

MariaS 3 months ago 2

Innocence in a bottle
I am a casamorati fan, but I havent tested this one because when I ordered the samples I was confused with the name, and I asked for pikovaya dama instead of dama bianca...Yeah what? There both damas and xerjoff...So when i tested this one, i was searching for a sweet floral feminine scent for everyday use and I found it.

Kumquat which is listed on top notes of the fragrance, is a citrus fruit (originated in China and Japan) that we use in Greece especially in Corfu, to make liquer, jams and sweets. So, despite the fact that the fruit is slightly acidic in taste, the products of it are quite sweet ( you must try them)!!!! I get the kumquat jam scent in this perfume which together with all the florals the vanilla and musk, are resulting in an extremely super duper overdosed sugary sweet floral scent. The scent is linear and doesnt change with time, so dont expect surprises.

As for the performance, i bought it in July when temperatures here are between 30-40 degrees of Celcious and I wore almost the whole 30ml bottle. The scent stays on my skin for long (more that 8 hours) but it doesnt have a good sillage. I havent heard a single compliment with this one whereas with Dolce amalfi and Lira I ve heard a LOT. I believe this is not a summer scent but it needs some breeze. I would say its better for spring, fall and winter, or at least a time of a year that is not very hot. I kept some MLs to test it then and correct my review if needed.

I love this scent but I dont know if I will go for a bigger bottle. My favorite from the collection remains Dolce amalfi, 1888 and then comes Lira but this one sure gets a high rating from me!

Thank you for your time!

Be safe and smell great!

MariaS 3 months ago 2

Extended statement and correction of notes
How can this be called "citrus wood suede leather" and not having woods suede and leather as fragrance notes? As I searched throught the internet, I found that it has as base notes Suede Leather, Sandalwood and Patchouli. Now we re talking...

About the scent:
I tested it 3 times because of the low rating it gets that wasnt understood by me.
When you spray this scent, at first you smell the citrucy ingredients (that doesnt last long, Thank God), together with the florals and the scent is a bit confusing. Its not a love at first sniff scent. After short time, the citrucy ingredients disappear and you get a sweet leathery floral scent which is quite nice. Also, the citrucy ingredients that faded, add a delicate bitterness to it making it a bit "spicy". The quality is amazing. Performance is good but sillage is low.

It is not a fragrance you havent smelled before, or an extraordinary scent that you say "wow i need it asap in my collection". I tested it 3 times to like it! Also its title is a bit confusing because it is not what I smell. I mean I cant clasiffy it as citrucy neither as leathery and I believe this is a reason for the low rating it gets. BUT....it is a very good scent for everyday use, with great quality and I would love to give it a try by buying a full bottle. Also it is unisex but more feminine to my nose.

Thank you for your time.

Be safe and smell great.

MariaS 5 months ago 2

4 seasons in a blender
This perfume is like all seasons were put in a blender and they created this scent. Its a fruit bomb (summer) with lots of flowers (spring), some spices and warmth from cinammon and amber (fall) and an intense incense (winter). At first I couldnt decide if this is for summer due to the intense fruity smell or for winter due to the intense warmth and incence smell. It is a very weird fragrance and I believe its love it or hate it. Personally, its a "love it".

If you ask me to characterize it i would say its a fruity incence scent that creates a mysterious thick atmosphere, like the beggining of a drama play at the theater during the summer holding a fruit cocktail in your hand. Weird huh?? The name "ouverture" also means "opening" so it fits perfectly.

The performance is amazing like all Xerjoff fragrances I have tested and the quality is also amazing, again like all Xerjoff fragrances I have tested. I would not suggest a blind buy with this.

Stay safe and smell great!

MariaS 5 months ago 5

Addictive lazuli (update 28/05/2021)
I ve heard a lot about this fragrance so I made about 45 km to test it but the shop didn’t have to give me a sample and also didn’t know how to sample fragrances on customers skin. They spray the air and expect the perfume to fall on your skin...Also didn’t let me touch the bottle to sample it myself due to corona virus regulations. If I had a better sampling experience, I believe I would have bought it by now.

The fragrance begins with an intense saffron tonka combination similar to oud for greatness regarding the intensity of the saffron. Oud for greatness is more earthy and this is more nutty from the tonka bean. After it settles on the skin, the saffron intensity disappears but you still get a spiciness from it. As it settles also, the floral notes come out together with the leather, making it more creamy-leathery-floral.

At the beginning I thought it was more masculine but after it settles it became a bit more feminine because of the floral notes that revealed. So it is totally unisex in my opinion. It doesn’t scream femininity, but it is more for women who love more spicy leathery scents rather than floral.

As for the performance, it still smells on my skin after I had a shower and despite the bad sampling on my skin so I guess it’s very good!

UPDATE: Since I had my birthday recently, I asked this for a gift and got it. So now that I sampled it properly I can assure you about all the above. Its a creamy-leathery-floral scent with a saffron on the background. Its unisex but after the saffron fades, the floral notes and the vanilla are more prominent so its most suitable for a woman. Also, the packaging has a list of the notes and there isnt any leather in it, but I feel like I can smell it even from smelling the bottle. Also, in the notes, Cardamome is listed which is not listed here. If there isnt any leather, maybe this leathery feeling is coming from a strong dense vanilla with the cardamome.
The performance is not beast but its decent. It is a well made fragrance.

Thank you for your time!

Stay safe and smell great!

1 - 5 of 15