MariaSMariaS's Perfume Reviews

1 - 5 of 12
MariaS 2 months ago 2

4 seasons in a blender
This perfume is like all seasons were put in a blender and they created this scent. Its a fruit bomb (summer) with lots of flowers (spring), some spices and warmth from cinammon and amber (fall) and an intense incense (winter). At first I couldnt decide if this is for summer due to the intense fruity smell or for winter due to the intense warmth and incence smell. It is a very weird fragrance and I believe its love it or hate it. Personally, its a "love it".

If you ask me to characterize it i would say its a fruity incence scent that creates a mysterious thick atmosphere, like the beggining of a drama play at the theater during the summer holding a fruit cocktail in your hand. Weird huh?? The name "ouverture" also means "opening" so it fits perfectly.

The performance is amazing like all Xerjoff fragrances I have tested and the quality is also amazing, again like all Xerjoff fragrances I have tested. I would not suggest a blind buy with this.

Stay safe and smell great!

MariaS 2 months ago 3

Saffron paradise (update 28/05/2021)
I ve heard a lot about this fragrance so I made about 45 km to test it but the shop didn’t have to give me a sample and also didn’t know how to sample fragrances on customers skin. They spray the air and expect the perfume to fall on your skin...Also didn’t let me touch the bottle to sample it myself due to corona virus regulations. If I had a better sampling experience, I believe I would have bought it by now.

The fragrance begins with an intense saffron tonka combination similar to oud for greatness regarding the intensity of the saffron. Oud for greatness is more earthy and this is more nutty from the tonka bean. After it settles on the skin, the saffron intensity disappears but you still get a spiciness from it. As it settles also, the floral notes come out together with the leather, making it more creamy-leathery-floral.

At the beginning I thought it was more masculine but after it settles it became a bit more feminine because of the floral notes that revealed. So it is totally unisex in my opinion. It doesn’t scream femininity, but it is more for women who love more spicy leathery scents rather than floral.

As for the performance, it still smells on my skin after I had a shower and despite the bad sampling on my skin so I guess it’s very good!

UPDATE: Since I had my birthday recently, I asked this for a gift and got it. So now that I sampled it properly I can assure you about all the above. Its a creamy-leathery-floral scent with a saffron on the background. Its unisex but after the saffron fades, the floral notes and the vanilla are more prominent so its most suitable for a woman. Also, the packaging has a list of the notes and there isnt any leather in it, but I feel like I can smell it even from smelling the bottle. Also, in the notes, Cardamome is listed which is not listed here. If there isnt any leather, maybe this leathery feeling is coming from a strong dense vanilla with the cardamome.
The performance is not beast but its decent. It is a well made fragrance.

Thank you for your time!

Stay safe and smell great!

MariaS 2 months ago 2

Rouge Alien
This is an extended statement rather than a review for the fragrance but i have to settle some things straight about this one, comparing to Alien by Mugler.

I think people fall in the same trap as comparing Baccarat Rouge 540 and Spirito Fiorentino or Liwa and Oud for greatness. These are fragrances that has same DNA, or same dominant notes but also have some additional notes that make them different. People who are not so much into fragrances will smell the same fragrance but people who are more experienced can tell the difference.

This is what happens with Rouge Malachite and Alien. Are they similar? Yes. Are they different? Yes.
The general vibe is the same. If you like Alien you will love Rouge Malachite. On my skin, RM is more flowery and "fresh", whereas Alien has more depth, more creaminess. RM can be worn during the day but Alien not because its more dark and mysterious.

I am a huge fan of Alien but I got a bit bored of it now. Next time i will miss its scent, I ll go for Rouge Malachite.

Thank you for your time.

Stay safe and smell good.

MariaS 4 months ago 2

Vanilla + Tonka bean = Love for ever
Meanwhile at Jean Paul Gaultier headquarters:
-Lets make a new fragrance
-But we dont have much time to think
-just put inside what you have in front of you
-I have Vanilla, Tonka bean and I am eating a pear
-These will do... and...
"BOOM"....Magic happened!

I guess this is how this fragrance was created judging from its simplicity.

It is a very simple yet an adorable, DEEP sweet, warm cuddly, seductive scent, a typical beauuuuutiful womens fragrance. We knew vanilla and tonka bean do miracles together so this is one of them. The duration and the performance of the perfume are great comparing to other designer fragrances. On me, it stayed for about 6 hours (warning: I overspray). On my clothes it stayed all day (without overspraying them)! It can be worn in any occasion because it is not intense, it doesnt turn heads! It is discreet, elegant and beautiful. Its a safe womens choice for any occasion and especially for dates. Also it is only for cold weather.

Personally, I feel that something is missing from this fragrance...Maybe an acidity or an incence, or something spicy, would make this fragrance more interesting. I dont know if I am used to more complex perfumes and this seems too simple for my nose. This fragrance misses something in order for me to say "wow". I have also layered it with Xerjoff Lira and for my surprise, Lira didnt cover la belle as I was expecting, since Lira is nuclear. It was a good layering and I think I ll try some more layering with this perfume.

To sum up
I keep 3 words for this fragrance: Simple, deep, elegant.

Thank you for your time!
Be safe and smell great!

MariaS 4 months ago 1

The advertisement is the best tester of the fragrance
This fragrance has everything I hate. First of all I don’t like rose and vetiver in fragrances and I try to avoid them. Secondly, I don’t like summer fragrances because I hardly find something that stays for long in hot weather. Thirdly and most important, is that it is advertised by Kristen who I find very neutral as a person. She doesn’t show dynamic personality and character, or femininity, or any kind of positive emotion. Same feeling I have about Idole by Lancome where I find the model in the ad very childish with no dynamism, so that discourages me to even go and test it. And now you will ask me “why do you care about the model? New fragrance is out, just go and test it”. Well, no can do. This is what advertising is all about. To give you the idea of the fragrance. I want to see the ad and say “wow I will smell wonderful if I buy this”. So, taking into account all of the above, this fragrance was a BIG NO for me, BUT…I just bought it (Idole is still a big NO).

What changed my mind?

Well, I ve heard a lot of good things about it and that it is not a typical fresh or rose fragrance but its kind of different. Also, I heard those words from people that we have similar taste in fragrances, so I was like to hell with it I will test it.
When I sprayed it on my wrist I told the seller “I ll see how it will respond on my skin and will return”…And I returned after 10 minutes and bought it. Still a 30ml bottle because I was still a bit unsure (typical Gemini behavior).

About the fragrance:

When I first spray it I get a green fresh smell a bit earthy, coming from the mint and the cannabis leaf and at the end, I smell the rose. After it settles, it becomes creamy fresh and more rosey. I feel that on the dry down, the vetiver on the base is what makes the fragrance creamier. Generally it is a well-blended perfume ,where none of the notes is prominent…They all have an equal role in it and that’s what makes it so beautiful. So, after I sprayed it I understood why Kristen on the ad…She is kind of like that. Fresh, a bit bitter, rosy but not sweet, nothing is prominent but everything is flat and balanced.

About the performance of the fragrance, It stayed on my skin for hours (about 6) and it had adequate projection, which is very weird for designer fragrances. The weather here is now around 16 degrees. So, I will test it when weather becomes warmer (as it is supposed to be a spring-summer fragrance) and I will update to inform you about the performance.

My bf still hates it so this fragrance is a NO for dates.

Also I want to say that I dont judge Kristen, its just the feeling I get when I see her. Many people say for me that their first opinion was that I am unapproachable but when they met me they completely changed their mind. Also for people I said "whos that bitch"? now we re best friends.

Thank you for your time.
Stay safe and smell beautiful!

1 - 5 of 12