MontanaBMontanaB's Perfume Reviews

11 - 15 by 24

Love in a bottle
Reviewing Fantomas has reminded me that I haven't posted anything on this beauty even though my bottle is coming to an end. Let me start off with the fact that it is a synthetic fragrance. Testing it on the scented strip has little to no value. Spray it on the skin. Same goes for JHAG, Eccentric Molecules, Nomenclature and 27 87 creations. Simply let it warm up and develop on your skin for few minutes and only then give it an evaluation. If you sniff it in the test strip you'll get sandalwood smell from para_iso whit it doesn't even contain.

Once on the skin this gem opens with juicy mouthwatering quince pear. I always thought that quince scent profile is crossover between yuzu and pear. Here it is beautiful example of that. Pear juice with bitterness of yuzu like rind through and through. After an hour it turns more green, more (dare I say) herbaceous. It reminds me of a jungle. Rainforest greenery, white sandy beach nearby, it just rained. It is not fruity in a sense that you smell fruit salad bowl, it gives you the peaceful sense of the region where tropical fruits grow on the trees. Para_iso is exquisite and must have for those who love photorealistic perfumery. Absolute love

unexpected
I'm not gonna lie I was expecting something mischevous from this one and all I got was fruity musk. It is a nice scent if you are young and it is summer. I'll have to return to mu sample once it is warmer outside. I feel that current snow is an unfortunate timing fr testing it out.

I'm getting lots of melon/watermelon derivatives from it. This is definitely not naturally smelling. I like synthetics that carry natural/close to nature vibe (best example would be Nomenclature NYC para_iso). Fantomas is as far from close to nature as it can be. It is more of a factory smells refining gasoline of some sort. I definitely need to try it out in other season

MontanaB 11 months ago 1

Wonderful work
just found out I posted review about new version under the old one; so doing it under the correct version which I own now.

Zero barnyard, zero skanky, mostly delicious sweet resinous oud that is properly distilled.

Overal impression is that it is peachy woody scent with coconut drizzle on top. I get strong osmanthus vibe what you get from amouage sunshine. Longevity whole day easy, the warmer your skin, the better it will perform in terms of sillage. I have small 10ml from oud box and this is seriously delicious. If you like elegant soft aura (it doesn't mean soft projection or soft sillage) around you not cut by tons of synthetics, this is as good as it gets.

Price is ouch but I get that oud amount in here is beyond any dreams for an oud lover. This is sexy, it gets you noticed in most pleasant way. You can wear it for a date but also for important job interview if you go light on the trigger. Love this.

well crafted
Haven't tried the initial formula of this. The new V2 formulation from 2020 is stunner. Would love to hear back from anyone who has tried both releases to see what is the difference between the two.

MontanaB 11 months ago 4

Chocolate mint dessert
It is not as gourmand as it may sound but it does carry the gourmand undertone. Fresh minty green opening reminds instantly of red/white candy canes at Christmas. Patchouli chocolate in the base gives that vibe of hot cocoa making it walk the line near the Profumum Roma Chocolatey creations. Very interesting scent. Haven't experienced something this edible and easily wearable.

There is no challenge on the skin. Will suit anyone who likes that sweet tonka/vanilla signature ATH is getting famous for. Solid upgrade of the bottles by the way. Like how magnetic cap clicks on these bottles.

11 - 15 by 24