MujoMujo's Perfume Reviews

1 - 5 of 48
Mujo 2 years ago 3

Unique fragrance
First of all thank you Roberto for sending me a sample of Oeillères. Of course curious as I am I had to seek out more info and I learned that the perfume Oeillères was part of an Art Project by Roberto.

Also had to look up what the word Oeillères actually means. As I found out oeillères are blinders worn by horses.

Now of to the fragrance. The first spray of Oeillères is a very herbal blast. I cannot really determine what it is exactly, But it's fresh and warm at the same time and very natural and animalic. Also very different from anything I smelled before, but at the same time Oeillères definitely has the Marc-Antoine Corticchiato signature. The first time I sprayed Oeillères the opening was too overwhelming, but after testing several time I must say I especially like the opening.

After the first blast Oeillères slowly transforms into a warm and easier to wear fragrance. Nothing sharp, but very balanced and refined. Oeillères smells green like fresh herbs and with my nose glued to my wrist I can definitely smell the fresh chamomile. (I might be focussed on it, because I used to pick wild chamomile when I was a kid. My mother boiled it into a brew for my older sister so she could rinse her white hair.) The chamomile is nicely blended with other herbal notes creating a lovely fragrance, although unisex I feel it's leaning more towards masculine. Oeillères also has a slight barbershop smell to it, at least the middle part does.

In the drydown the scent mellows into a warm scent and eases the animalic qualities (but is still slightly present) and it just smells nice, warm and inviting. This stage is definitely unisex. Projection is close to the skin. Very unique fragrance.

Fresh laundry
Pierre de Lune opens with a nice combo of violets and iris. I adore the initial opening, fresh slightly sweetened violets with an almost fizzy feel to it.

The first ingredient that emerges after the violet/ iris combo is the mimosa and I think it's accompanied with the synthetic ingredient belambre. It turns sweeter in this stage, the mimosa is very pretty. From now on it slowly moves to the middle stage which to my nose is very fresh (almost aquatic, but not quit so). It's more like freshly wash cotton sheets I used to smell when I was little - no dryers, but outside in the sun. Very fresh and clean. This stage is growing on me. I never had a fragrance that was reminiscent of laundry, but there it is and I'm actually growing fond of it. This stage lasts for quite while.

In the base it slowly loses this laundry type of scent and I can smell a slightly powdery mimosa with a woody vibe. Sillage is minimal and longevity about 3 to 4 hours.

Mujo 6 years ago 2

Very soft and pretty
Iris Prima opens with a blast of bergamot and suede. Just only for a few seconds. After that changes quickly into a powdery, hairspray, deodorant and make-up scent. With the suede slowly returning and adding the iris.

Iris Prima is very soft and stays incredible close to the skin. To smell it, you will have to sniff your wrist. However from time to time I smell a little whiff of a chocolate -like suede and iris. And exactly these whiffs are very charming. In the late drydown I can smell some vanilla and this last whisper is extremely comforting. For such a soft scent the longevity is very good. I can still smell a trace after 8 hours. Because of the flowery composition and its softness I would place it more in a feminine spectrum.

If you are worried about the synthetics in Iris Prima, don't be. This fragrance is blended very nicely. Very much recommended if you are into iris and leather fragrances.

Maybe also nice to know. Iris Prima is inspired by (and created in collaboration with) the English National Ballet.

a summer fragrance
Leuco is definitely a summer fragrance. At least that's what I believe it to be..... I only have tried it in the fall and I like it, but there is a freshness I there that I feel belongs more to the summer. And although MCG used honey, there is not much sweetness present. I will save my sample and try it again in the summer next year.

Also it's more a lily fragrance, the tuberose is more subdued present. Leuco is also more transparent. It's pretty, but the verdict is still out if it's full bottle worthy (to me). Will be continued......

Superb
I won a sample entering a draw and can honoustly say that I loved Fiore di Bellagio from the first whiff. I've had my nose glued to my wrist since the first moment I put it on.

Fiore di Bellagio is inspired by Caron Bellodgia, but it's modernised. It's not a replica, but you can definitely smell its vintage inspiration.

Fiore di Bellagio is a very rich and true flower scent with a resinous base. It's oppulent, spicy, rich, slightly sweet (but not really sweet). The consistency is somewhat oily. The sillage is moderate to strong. I'm not sure about the longevity, but it's a natural fragrance therefore I don't expect it to be very longlasting.

This sample has kept me wanting more. It's really superb, so please don't test if you are not looking for another lemming.

1 - 5 of 48