PBullFriendPBullFriend's Perfume Reviews

1 - 5 of 301
PBullFriend 42 days ago 1

Vanillary substitute with a bad name
How does a scent have so many interesting notes listed and yet smell like vanilla taffy? This is a very thick, substantial vanilla that made me feel like I had something stuck in my molars. Not bad at all if you're seeking that sort of candied vanilla experience, but a real disappointment when you're looking for the frankincense, lemon zest, and birchtar. It reminds me strongly of Vanillary, which was a Lush limited edition a few years ago, and unobtainable now. Anyone missing Vanillary may want to find this instead -- West Third scents are quite affordable, and you may find this serves your needs for much less than the rarity you crave.
P.S.: The word "gypsy" is considered an ethnic slur in English, and I wish that this perfume brand wouldn't use it. I suspect they were just looking for a word that conveys someone who travels or is carefree, and there are many other words for that. There is no apparent connection here to the Roma people.

PBullFriend 138 days ago 1

woody vanilla with a twist
This starts with a gentle vanilla and dry smoked wood (the copaiva?) but immediately turns to take on a sweet cereal grain note that reminded me of Parfumerie Generale’s Une Crime Exotique. (UCE, while beautiful, grew to smell sweeter and sweeter to me, until I couldn’t wear it any more. Mercifully, Petits Papiers is less sweet.) At 6 hours, it is back to a soft woody vanilla, a real comfort scent. It’s a good choice for those of us who like our comfort scents unsugared.

PBullFriend 7 months ago

gagworthy synthetic
My dear perfume friend Sherapop refers to the nose behind this scent, Alberto Morillas, as "Chemical Albie." And, smelling this, I have to agree. This is horrible synthetic crap which gives the impression that the creator has never even smelled a photograph of a flower, much less a flower itself. I've had it on for less than 20 minutes, and it's time to scrub it away.

PBullFriend 8 months ago

where are those notes?
Woodstock has an impressive list of notes, all things I enjoy. West Third is a bargain brand, but some of their stuff is really excellent. So I had high hopes before splashing this on. It smells like sharp, random, vaguely masculine chemicals -- the very cheapest aftershave you could create -- with some extra powder in the head notes. It made me feel rather sick, and I scrubbed it off after a couple of minutes.

PBullFriend 9 months ago

synthetic disappointment
I like the notes listed in this one, and the bottle is so cute. And I love marzipan and heliotrope notes. Sadly, when I actually sampled it, it made me think of the worst of industrial bathroom soaps. The only note listed that I'm not fond of is orange blossom, so naturally it's the orange blossom that punches me in the nose here. A sickening experience, and I'm jealous of the nice experiences other reviewers had.

1 - 5 of 301