PBullFriendPBullFriend's Perfume Reviews

Filter & sort
11 - 15 by 306
PBullFriend 3 years ago
underrated clean blackcurrant
I'm surprised this gets so many negative reviews. Perhaps it just likes me. I get a pleasant coolness throughout, enhanced by a surprisingly true blackcurrant note. I've tried many scents on the basis of their blackcurrant notes and have been disappointed when the blackcurrant is either weak, hints at urine, or smells like I'm wearing blackcurrant pastilles. This goes in an entirely different direction than the original 4711 but, to my neroli-hating nose, it's a better one.
PBullFriend 4 years ago 1
fails to capture salt air
As someone who grew up near the Atlantic but now lives far inland, I love the salt-and-sand genre of perfumes and have tried many of them. When done well, they are a vacation in a bottle. Sadly, few of them reach that level. Un Air de Bretagne unfortunately does not smell realistic at all. It reminds me of a cheap body spray that I bought many years ago and wound up using as a bathroom spray. A much better Atlantic scent, to my nose, is Miller Harris Sel de Vetiver. I used to be such a fan of L'Artisan Parfumeur, but it has been a long time now since they have put out anything I find full-bottle worthy.
PBullFriend 4 years ago
elegant black tea scent
I don't know how I stumbled across this sadly discontinued beauty. I think of C&E as a company that generally produces solid, pleasant floral scents that appeal to mature women. This is more creative and artistic than I would expect from them, which may mean that it was discontinued because it didn't fit in with their target audience. As my review of Bulgari Red Tea notes, I like its sharp, tannic notes that cut through humidity. Himalayan Blue is a softer tannic scent, with a pronounced but unsweet creamy rose note and a hint of leather. While the Bulgari's sharpness is better for the very hottest days, the elegant Himalayan Blue is suiting me well today, when summer isn't technically over and a bit of humidity still hangs around but I'm starting to tire of the simple scents of summer.
PBullFriend 4 years ago 1 2
ugly for the sake of ugliness?
A few seconds of grapefruit leads to a stench of burnt copy paper. Distant cousin of Comme des Garcons' Odeur 71 with all of the oddity, none of the charm. I'm not sure what this is supposed to communicate, or how it is to be enjoyed, but, half an hour after applying, I'm done with it and must scrub. Also, what's with the typeface on the bottle? Is its ugliness meant to warn us of the ugly contents within?
PBullFriend 5 years ago 2
5.5
all bloom, no Meyer
The name, "Meyer Blooms," made me think there would be a substantial amount of Meyer lemon, but I can't detect any. This is a perfectly pleasant white floral, about which I can't say much because I hate white florals. Should have just been named "Blooms," so as not to mislead.
11 - 15 by 306