PMRP12PMRP12's Perfume Reviews

1 - 5 of 35
PMRP12 11 months ago 3

Spicy rose incense.
Fantastic fresh rose opening—dewy, green, and spicy—that becomes increasingly woody, ambery, musky, and smoky over time. Perfectly unisex on paper, yet different skin will emphasize various facets (mine amps up the spice and incense, where my wife’s focuses on the rose and fruit). Pure and clean, with none of the overly jammy, saccharine, or bitter notes common to many rose fragrances. A balanced, but drastically sweeping shift from light and fresh (rose and spice) to dark and sultry (resins and wood). I haven’t truly smelled anything quite like this, but recall very loose similarities with Déclaration D’Un Soir—just less sweet and with more natural rose and development. Wife and I are splitting a bottle. A deftly composed and dynamic rose and incense masterpiece. Must try!

PMRP12 11 months ago 2

Green floral powder.
So beautifully blended and natural smelling throughout. Zesty lime adds a unique spin on the typical bergamot opening—brighter, juicier, without the inedible tartness and bitterness. The tropical florals and herbs here are not loud star players, but rather serve to accompany the smooth, shifting composition. The overall result is a slightly citric, mossy/herbal green, and powdery resin scent that makes it one of my favorite chypres to date. Easier to my nose than the classic Mitsouko, without the sharp yeasty bread and fruit notes. Also more gentle and smoother than the unique MAAI, without its bold and brash smoky animalics.

PMRP12 11 months ago

Lavender tour de force
Lavender jasmine musk. Breathtakingly beautiful composition. Gorgeous, multidimensional lavender, rich and sensual florals, and animalic musks. Opening is stunning—fresh, herbal, juicy, malty, almost fruity. Mid is slightly tropical with fleshy, jammy florals. Musks dominate much later, adding warmth, interest, and balance. Study of contrasts—masculine/feminine, dry/sweet, floral/animalic, bombastic/reserved, familiar/unique. Masterpiece must-have.

PMRP12 2 years ago 2

Smoky herb ash
My last sample, like my first, opens with a bang—in this case, a meteoric apocalypse. This one smells like chaos and destruction—a burning forest of charred carbon. I get whiffs of the burnt laurel notes in Interlude Man, but without any of the resin sweetness that brings relief. This one is challenging for me, but there are tiny remnants of rich incense amidst the charcoal that keep me hunting for more. I imagine smokers (or fans of smoke) would adore this. Definitely not for me, but thankful for the experience.

PMRP12 2 years ago 1

Boozy smoky leather
As a fan of boozy scents, I was excited to try this one. Unfortunately, the booziness here is completely devoid of sweetness and accompanied by only a harsh black leather. Like the ashy opening of Tuscan Leather, but without the lovely raspberry to balance things out. The leather even becomes a bit chemical to me as it dries down—like burning plastic. Not completely repulsive, but too much for too long for me. Hard pass.

1 - 5 of 35