PansyladyPansylady's Perfume Reviews

11 - 20 of 27

01/20/2012
My expectations were for something feminine and ephemeral, along the lines of Apres l'Ondee- but this fragrance went into a totally different direction- dusty and a little stale, a la "Old Spice"- the violets got lost in the dusty powder...

1 Awards
Orange blossom, jasmine, tuberose- I should love this- but it has a strong animalic quality that I found truly unbearable and unwearable.

1 Awards
Iris 39 is an incredibly dry, no-nonsense fragrance- evoking the image of a very serious librarian with her hair in a bun, wearing horn-rimmed glasses half-way down her nose, a dark fitted skirt and perfectly-starched white blouse. Wear this if you want to be taken seriously.

01/19/2012
2 Awards
Mmmmm- honey in the comb mingled with aromatic incense- Honestly, this stuff is so sexy that it should probably come with a warning sticker and be sold only to adults!
The longevity and potency is off the charts, as with most of the fragrances in this line-

01/17/2012
Based on the in-your-face persona of Fergie, I expected this to be a very edgy scent- but instead, I found it to be a very lady-like and wearable tuberose with a tinge of deep fruit

I prefer it to the Intense flanker, which actually has much less presence, ironically-

3 Awards
You know how it is- Nobody hates the odor of cigarette smoke more than an ex-smoker does- and us ex-smokers will pick up the smell from a thousand paces-

And it seems that is what happened to me when I smelled Field Notes- the stale smell of tobacco smoke drowned out everything else-

I suppose if you like Serge Lutens' Chergui, you might like this one as well- but it's definitely not for me, because I kicked the habit!

3 Awards
This is an intriguing scent which I found likeable, but the list of where best to wear it outside of one's home would be a rather short one, I'm afraid- it smells a bit like over-ripe fruit which is starting to ferment-

1 Awards
On me, Passion smells like a warm vanilla rose scent- somehow brings to mind Coty Vanilla Woods, a real blast from the past.

Passion has far more potency/longevity than do most of the AGs, for which it gets a few extra credit points

01/17/2012
but far more than two cents!

I had high expectations for this one- and since I love fresh citrus scents in general, I truly expected to fall in love- but in all honesty, this smelled just like men's shaving cream to me-

01/13/2012
2 Awards
This fragrance made such an impression on me that I can clearly recall the first time that I wore it- a lovely September day in Stockholm.

I noticed with pleasure that it became stronger as the day went on, instead of fading- and I found myself musing on why I found it so delightful, and it came to me- it smells quite a bit like a lovely hand soap that I associate with childhood- Camay! It had a lovely little picture of a lady's head in profile on it, and I thought it was so appealing-

11 - 20 of 27