PansyladyPansylady's Perfume Reviews

21 - 27 of 27

01/13/2012
Considering that this is supposed to be a big favorite of some famous Hollywood actresses, I found it pretty underwhelming- mostly, I smell coconut suntan lotion!

01/11/2012
2 Awards
No flower better conjures the height of springtime than does the lovely lilac-Ineke's spin on the beloved syringa, however, is somewhat autumnal-

Lilac is, of course, a prominent player here- but this is a very warm, ambery lilac- reminiscent of Highland Lilac of Rochester- somehow, for me, the fresh springiness of the blossoms is lost in the woodiness of the basenotes- I had a similar reaction to La Violette by Annick Goutal-

For a fresher interpretation of violets, I prefer Violetta di Bosco by I Profumi di Firenze- and for a fresher, more vernal lilac, I highly recommend En Passant-

01/11/2012
2 Awards
Cynthia Rowley's Flower is the essence of Stargazer Lilies- Bubblegum sweet, linear, with good staying power.

1 Awards
Wearing Fleurissimo is like being wrapped in a blanket of roses and violets- very comforting for floral lovers!

1 Awards
Crystal Aura is on my top 5 Avon list- sadly, it has been discontinued-

I would classify it as a fruity floral musk, with incredible longevity, especially for a scent in this price range- A few sprays in the morning last well into evening-

Rose is not a particularly favorite note for me, but it is nicely balanced by fruit, woods and musk in this scent

2 Awards
Not being a particular fan of celebrities or their scents, I found Lovely had enough merits that I looked past the label and bought it, anyway-
Directly from the bottle, I noticed prominent notes of lavender, smoke and synthetic musk- which doesn't sound that great, but somehow translated into a scent that I found incredibly easy to wear- it has a bit of an edgy, sharp piquancy that said "urban office scent" to me

Love the bottle, too!

2 Awards
This lovely violet scent is an unsung heroine in the pantheon of violet fragrances! Unlike most, it manages to strike the perfect balance between sweetness and freshness- avoiding the pitfalls of cloy and powder, which makes violet a tricky note. It has a dewy quality that sings of spring-

21 - 27 of 27