PeditoPedito's Perfume Reviews

1 - 5 by 12
Pedito 5 months ago 3

A, mazing… legit, AMAZING!
Apparently, Majmua is ‘the smell of India’. It is the most famous perfume in all of India and is worn on the reg by virtually everyone. So famous in fact that the majority of folks who live there refer to basically any attar as ‘majmua’. If I lived in India I would not like this scent but, being from the States, nobody is going to be wearing this and it smells in so many words, fucking awesome dude… the most complex aroma, deep, ambery in its dry down and just straight up, exotic. No other way to explain it. You can tell that this is clearly from another country but so, so well constructed. There is a ton a skill poured into this with decades of experience. Majmua is nose candy for endless hours. It is a spiritual and calming experience that needs to be worn in tiny quantities to truly be enjoyed. I’m sure that if someone slathered this on it would be horrendous and would completely ruin what the original perfumer had intended. It is a very dense and demanding aroma that’s romantic and enticing, very very mysterious in nature. Majmua says come to me. It’s intoxicating to the maximum to say the least! Really a superbly heavenly scent. I could wax and wane about this until you’ll eventually hit the back button. It’s that far out.

I’ve been smelling attars for years from various middle eastern perfume houses until recently I had made a purchase of a loose oil from Ajmal from a wonderful Seller on eBay located in India that had included a 2.5ml mini of Nemat’s Majmua 96, the original genuine uncut formula. I was floored when I first smelled this. So much so that the phenomenal Ajmal that I had received was far overshadowed by this mysterious and exotic perfume oil. I’m floored with this. Easily a signature scent worn discreetly of course.

It smells bitter, very dark, soapy, indolic and very green from the teeny tiny flacon. A mere pin drop swipe of this otherworldly and heavenly creation revealed a complex affair of some exotic and indolic white floral based onto deep rooty vetiver, oakmoss amongst other strange things I still cannot place to my complete surprise. I’m not lying, I’m blown away by this oil, it’s ‘that’ good. Seriously if you packed this into a heavy but handsome crystal presentation including a velvet lined box and all, easily $300. It’s mesmerizing this oil. It is a very strange scent but, strange and intriguing in the best way imaginable. So beyond unusual that there’s literally nothing to compare it to. This is a one off of a perfume. It is so intoxicating, and so soothing, and so calming in it’s delivery. Damnit I swear to you this smells exactly like a burning incense stick. It smells like incense but the most ethereal incense you’ve ever smelled.

I don’t know how something this beautiful and natural smelling could possibly be at this price point but it is, amazing. As a whole, this incredibly, ‘incredibly’ complex concoction smells of incense, burning incense, like that of nag champa. When you seriously start to break it down it’s a mix of 4 famous soliflore attars from India blended into a sandalwood base. If consists of Indian Kadam, a night blooming crazy looking flower that resembles poppy, totally intoxicating in its delivery. Resembles night blooming jasmine flower, very very heady and indolic. Ruh Khus which is vetiver hence the color of the oil. Indian Kewda which is some sort of Indian palm that produces fruits that smells rosy like and Indian Mitti which resembles clay, in fact I think it’s clay. All of this has a heavy, natural and incredibly well blended base of genuine deep dark oakmoss. The whole experience is killer… ‘killer’!

The final outcome is a wonderfully aromatic, deep black base of earthy greens and this super awesome exotic white floral. Really stunning this odor. I’ve never in my life smelled anything like this, ever, and I’ve smelled a lot. A teeny tiny drop is all you need. You will reek of the most exquisite incense while wearing this. For real, smells exactly like incense. I mean if this isn’t a hippies wet dream of a perfume then I just don’t know what. Frankly, I’m floored with this!

To sum it up. This Majmua is an over the top pleasant aroma. So soothing, so comforting, so friendly and, so earthy deep dark. It is unisex although I find this leans far masculine and I’m a dude. As mentioned before, you only need a pin drop, this is some intensely potent stuff that lasts for ages on the skin. I’m certain that this creates very long sillage. No musk in this by the way which is why I enjoy it that much more. Kudos 10 fold to Nemat. Never would’ve thought I could find a diamond in this wonderful world of perfumery for $10, and, it’s from India so you know it’s already going to be awesome!

Pedito 11 months ago 1

One of the best perfumes for Men in decades!
Barbershop, lavender, fougere... really? Goodness gracious what moron started this nonsense until it snowballed!

Zaharoff Pour Homme is an oudy oriental, not a fougere. Zaharoff Signature is an agarwood dominant focused scent with loads of balmy, smoky resins smoldering everywhere like frankincense and myrrh, creamy sandalwood, glorious amber, subtly soapy florals blended in harmony, mouth drooling amber and of course the cat nip to humans, patchouli. This is a deeply woody/balsamic/incensy/smoky perfume through and through... hardly anything considered to be ‘barbershop’. It is elegant, exotic, well mannered if applied correctly as in next to nothing. Extremely intoxicating because the agarwood resin used in this is top notch. If you apply one teeny spritz of this far away from your nose, it’s glorious, smoky oud trails all day.

Legit, the majority of everyone has this scent all wrong. All, wrong. Trust me.

I don’t know who started the ‘lavender craze’ on this or why everyone keeps smelling fucking lavender that I kinda personally loathe (the art of suggestion is a powerful thing) but, this is not a friggin’ lavender focused perfume, fuck already. If it was, hello eBay. Agarwood would be the very first voted note, not lavander.

Lavender is noticeable yes within the first 20 minutes or so until it fades away quickly. This is a soapy, oud dominant perfume that’s the staring role from opening well into the far and long lasting dry down. Easily after 18 hours of this on my skin, it’s a stunning and totally wearable agarwood of very good quality ‘that’s’ supported by a lovely rose/patch duo, resins, sandalwood and amber with a bit of jasmine flower with nearly nil lavender in sight. For real. Where the fuck is this lavander?!

The perfume is very complex and dense that I personally find from reading a lot of these reviews that it’s up to experience. I can perceive everything in this scent and it’s definitely agarwood front and center. A superb one at that. It is very potent and requires 1 spray if that, maybe a spritz on your core area to be appreciated for what it really is and, the best part is that it lasts for ages because it’s oud, genuine intoxicating oud.

I did not purchase from George’s website although I did receive a sample long ago, I think when this was released and found it like nothing else. Not only is the scent itself being complex, it is executed perfectly. Not too strong, not too weak with a very dynamic scent pyramid. The best part though is that it smells amazing. Warm, friendly.

I found a 120ml flacon on eBay recently for a good price and had to buy it (sorry George). I have played with this perfume to discover that it is amazing beyond recognition for a few reasons, more than one.

Firstly, I am an agarwood fan when agarwood is presented properly. The oud used in this perfume is absolutely killer. This is without a doubt an oud dominant perfume. The oud is dry and deeply woody but squeaky clean. It is not dominating in the sense that it’s a quality agarwood note with all of it’s dampness and slight funk but more so that it’s been blended perfectly.

I am a ‘huge’ fan of the house of Ajmal who personally I think is the best perfume house in the Middle East and this perfume, Zaharoff Pour Homme Signature reminds me of something that Ajmal would release in their ‘W’ Series line. But of course... Ajmal’s would be nuclear strong. I own an incredibly rare perfume from Ajmal named Exotic Amber. The oud in that reminds me of the oud here to a T. It’s dry, blonde, deep, a tad swampy and completely intoxicating.

Zaharoff Pour Homme is a very well blended scent. The oud/rose/jasmine/patchouli combo with the sandalwood and amber back drop is killer... killer!

I find Zaharoff as far more Middle Eastern than what anyone is actually thinking they’re smelling. Smell more closely though and you just might find a classic oud/rose duo being cleverly hidden. Excellent job and probably one of the best perfumes to come down the turn pike in decades, no bullshit.

Kudos to you George...

Pedito 12 months ago 1

Incredible... one of Ajmal’s best that’s nonexistent sadly.
The perfume is long discontinued and impossible to find. I had purchased a small 3ml decant of this years ago that I use so sparingly, every once in a while. Not for the fact that it’s very strong but simply cause it cannot be found. If I had a full size flacon I would probably wear this weekly, it’s that awesome. I find myself reaching for this quite a bit. I hate to use it though because I simply cannot find it anywhere so I’m reserved in the application.

It is a traditional Arabic blend of Turkish rose, Cambodian agarwood, Indian amber, Spanish saffron, Indian sandalwood and a really good musk accord. Not overwhelming strong musk but a lovely subtle musk that lasts for days on the skin.

The oil is orange in color. This is a very heavy amber dominant perfume hence the color of the oil. The blending is sublime. The perfume opens with big bloomy pink roses and a strong amber that smells like bow rosin. You can smell the luxurious oud note that’s a tad animalic although supply woody in the base which smooths out considerably into a drug for many hours.

The perfume slowly and smoothly over a few hours transitions into a leathery saffron, creamy sandalwood and an intoxicating and deeply woody oud note sans of funk. The whole thing waxes and wanes between balminess like amber, resinous oud oil, soapy pink roses, a smooth musk note that’s to die for and I’m not particularly keen on musk and a superb amber note that smells like heaven in its sillage. The dry down on this is killer where roses die down to leave the wearer with a beautiful agarwood accord, amber and musk. The quintessential Ajmal dry down that’s present in many of Ajmal’s creations. In retrospect this trio of notes seems to be a running theme with this house for oud perfumes. Of course they all will vary in intensity of notes. Here, it’s lovely. I would say unisex leaning masculine. Aren’t roses for dudes anyways in the Middle East? This is for sure not a feminine smelling perfume. A little rosy yes but the amber, oud, sandalwood and musk round it out perfectly.

The perfume is warm in feel. Strongly oriental. Very deep, very sensual and complex. The smell is amazing and entirely relaxing. Bokhoor comes to mind while smelling this. In other words, it smells like incense... a rose incense stick. Not cheap smelling, rather quality. This mukhallat is superior to Al Haramain’s and Swiss Arabian’s version. There’s far more oud.

I apply pin drops of this, no more than 2 and this stuff is strong. Long sillage. Worn discreetly it’s beyond intoxicating. The majority of the time I apply this just to smell it for hours that seems to relax my anxiety. What an amazingly composed exotic scent from Ajmal. Too bad it’s impossible to be had now.

Pedito 1 year ago 1

Horrendous... HORRENDOUS! Could I possibly be any more clear?
I loathe this in every single formula. Loathe this. LOATHE THIS. I could only imagine that hell (which I will never go to) will be playing deafening loud Queen rap remixes with a continuous spray of White Diamonds up your skeletal nose along with brimstone raining down onto you. Further, you’re attempting to wade in a shallow pool of molten lava while being forced to listen to Queen and smell White Diamonds! God this perfume is torture to the maximum.

I dunno... maybe this smells like pixie dust while wearing it, totally drug inducing. I will tell you that from an outside nose, you make me feel sick to my stomach, and I can’t breathe around you. It’s like my soul is being stolen right through my mucous membranes. And it’s not even the sillage, it’s this huge, huge bubble that’s like 10 feet by 10 feet that nose fucks everyone. It’s this hella, ‘hella’ musky/oakmoss purple floral that smells like moth balls. It’s literally nauseating. I feel violated from this nasty shit when I unwantingly experience it. This is like the girl version of Bowling Green’s Grey Flannel. Both of these monstrosities are the most intrusive, old lady, note: OLD LADY nukes to come down the pike. I mean fuck!

As a foreword. I’m going to bash the shit out’a this, if you haven’t grasped that yet...

This icky, wicked, nuclear, depressing satanic concoction from the deepest pits of hell has been a nemesis in my life for a very, very long time. In my perfume journey over the course of 30 years, this odor, this smell, seriously disturbs me. It’s incredibly negative and the annoying sillage is GINORMOUS. Suffocating, debilitating even. I’m instantly in a pissy mood if I come across this (happens about 3 fold as coming across Bleu de Chanel). Probably because this is readily available at Wal-Mart but more so for the fact that every woman that wears this feels the need to douse themselves immensely.

Horrendous. Pisses me the fuck off coming across it. The only smell that does that to me. I hate it with my every fiber. It’s a disgustingly potent, (mind you POTENT) overpowering musk bomb that reeks to high Heaven of someone covering up 4 days worth of unshowerd ass and pit stank, I kid you not. Not even exaggerating. White Diamonds is the ‘most’ incredibly pongy musk bomb smothered in purple lilac and purple flowers that it makes me feel sick. I’ve smelled thousands of perfumes, thousands. Every time I come across this which is quite a bit surprisingly which always seems to be at the grocery store, it’s a mile of sillage that sucks the air directly out of my lungs. From one of the isle to the other. Really? 60 feet of sillage? No joke. Fuck, I hate this!

Once on my job, a much older woman (naturally) was wearing this in the parfum version. The booth she was sitting in emanated White Diamonds for the rest of the evening well after her physical body had departed the restaurant... oh but this, this ‘White Diamonds’ epoxy shit stuck around. Ick.

It is literally the epitome of why old lady perfumes started being named OLD LADY PERFUMES! This is because every woman that wears this fuckin’ monstrosity feels the need to bathe in it. STOP ALREADY! For real, this perfume reeks. It’s nauseating and nauseatingly strong. Taylor was a shitty actress with terrible taste in perfume.

Pedito 1 year ago 1

Strange scent, extraño...
The dry down 12 hours later is sheer bliss. To get there though, ugh...

I’ve been very curious about Myths Man since it’s debut. I had finally snagged a 1ml sample of this that I’ve been playing with for about a week now up to full wearings. This is an incredibly complex strong scent that for real only needs drops. I can appreciate the quality of ingredients and superb blending but to my nose, this is horrendous! Myths Man is beyond heavy and demanding. It’s a strange smell to unseasoned noses. You gotta remember, this is a middle eastern perfume house so it’s going to be strange and strong. I’ve smelled so many middle eastern perfumes and genuine oud so I can appreciate this blend considerably but my God, if this isn’t one for the books.

As a whole, to my nose, this smells ‘exactly’ like a perfumed version of WD40 spray lubricant mixed with Raid big spray original in the red labeled can mixed furthermore with a cigarette butt smooshed on top... while in the background is this old lady vibe that makes me shudder in horror. I have this thing about old lady scents, partly because every time I experience one out in public it’s way too strong. Myths Man is absolutely nauseating to me ‘although’ the very far dry down of this is quite intoxicating strange. What’s the point in having to wait for that?

Now, the ingredients are amazing. It is a genuine chrysanthemum flower all green and soapy which should be the first voted note by the way followed by a harsh and ashy dark leather accord and an animalic and strong labdanum (labdanum is where some folks are smelling feces) smoothed out somewhat by crisp vetiver, powdery lipstick like rooty orris, a very soft rose, subdued sweet rum and balmy funky elemi resin. The whole thing is a juxtaposing nose fuck that just reminds me of lubricating oil, bug spray, powdery soap, women’s make up and harshness. It’s so cold and so somber and depressing.

The perfume is a work of art that for myself is totally unwearable. I couldn’t imagine atomizing this. The flacon is top though, wow what a nice presentation. I swear to you that I will more than likely buy this ‘just’ for that flacon.

1 - 5 by 12