PerfumemaniaPerfumemania's Perfume Reviews

...
1 - 10 of 31

07/22/2018
Absolutely yucky perfume! I tried this at Harrods, oh boy, never smelt anything as revolting as this perfume. I have read a lot of mixed reviews. You have to be one hell of a tobacco lover to love this creation.

07/22/2018
Oud jasmine is a very rich jasmine extrait, smoky, leathery and incensy, with strong animalesque accents and earthy. This is a very sensual exotic rich and heady perfume with beast mode sillage and excellent longevity of 24 hours and this is in hot weather; can't wait to try it out in the fall and winter. A definite masterpiece from the Signore Visconti!

07/07/2018
I love, love, love this gorgeous heady fougere perfume. I don't like fougere in general, but this one just blew me away. I am hit with the most gorgeous pine and rosemary, followed by the heady florals and the bitter woodiness at the base. Out of all the HJ men's one, this is the top of the chart.

1 Awards
Wowzer, this one is a 'killer'! it is a dreamy divine float and a melange of delicious plum, topped with sweet pea and other floral, whilst the creamy sandalwood and iris gives it the base which lasts and lasts. Another hit from HJ.

07/07/2018
This has a gorgeous aldehyde start and its a leather chypre, my absolute favourite. Ooh la la, what a gorgeous perfume. This is unisex as I have been told by HJ boutique.

07/07/2018
Although this perfume is for men, I just love it. I sometimes wear men's perfumes, anything that is woody rich mix is a hit for me. It is a struggle to get my husband to wear western based perfumes as he is more into 'attars' but he had to give this one a 'thumbs up'. Again I prefer a lot of these perfume oils during cooler weather. I have been told by Henry Jacques boutique, that this perfume is Henry's favourite, not surprised as it has become one of mine too!

1 Awards
I love this perfume, a wonderful oriental with beautiful blend of lavender, iris and leather. I am not good at writing long essays on perfumes, hence I am keeping this review short and sweet. It has excellent sillage and longevity. This is absolutely perfect for cooler weather.

1 Awards
I went down to Harrods and Michael (sales rep) was kind enough to show me most of the perfumes from Henry Jacques inventory and I was totally blown away by this beauty. At the first sniff I had to squeal in delight, wow, wow, wow, an absolutely gorgeous beauty. This was the perfume oil. The spray is equally divine which has high concentration of essential oils. It has monstrous sillage and excellent longevity of 14 plus hours. I tried it in this current heat wave; but I think it will last much longer in cooler weather. One word 'divine'!!

06/17/2018
I love Majalis, out of all the first generation perfumes from TSOD. I keep on going back for more and more. It's a spicy, warm, sweet incense concoction. The sillage is huge and lasted on my skin for a good 24 hours. It stays on clothes and any material that you spray on for weeks on end. I had sprayed my wrist and one week later I could still smell the scent but it was from my wrist watch which I had sprayed in the process. I think this is the best from G1 and I got 2 of these perfumes and generous samples from the boutique with the purchase. I have been told TSOD will be launching an exclusive perfume which will be available at the boutique this year, I will be waiting in anticipation. Until then I am going back to my beloved Majalis and drown myself in it's glorious aroma.

06/09/2018
This is my second favourite from this line after Abjar. Its opulent, deep dark rich classical chypre. The notes are similar to Abjar with some variations. On initial spray the sillage is very powerful and then it became a skin scent after 12 hours lasting about 20 hours or slightly more. The first generation parent is Rimal and again this is reputed to have 600 ingredients whereas Rimal has 400. It's £895 and comes in a stylish heavy bottle. The box and bottle is quite heavy and also comes in its travel leather pouch. I am hoping to get this one to add to my collection. I have grown to like this brand. Nabeel has released 14 perfumes first and second generations. They have won the 2015 best packaging award and their gift bags are very luxurious. I am not new to Nabeel as I have used their (attars) perfume oils before. Looks like they have hit the western market where the ever growing demands of oud based perfumes have hit the roof. I have to admit some of their perfumes I have tried are the best ones I have come across so far. I was shown their most expensive perfumes which is Oud perfume, oil version, and agarwood chips and perfume loaded chips at an eye watering cost of £6000.

...