RazvanykeRazvanyke's Perfume Reviews

1 - 5 of 73
Razvanyke 2 hours ago

Let the summer begin
I will start by saying that I am a big fan of the Zoologist brand but also of the Perfumer, Julien Rasquinet. So when I heard that they will release a perfume I got very excited about it and wanted to test it right away.

Lucky for me, I got the chance to do it so I will share the opinion with you:

It has a hars start, thanks to the fennel I think, this is strong spicy smell for me at least and I can feel it stronger than all the rest, after few minutes the cardamom and the ambrette seed are also noticed.
If you judge this perfume by the opening, it will not win you over .. the same happened with me, I was ready to give it a 7 and that is it, but luckily after 10 - 15 minutes it becomes very nice, marine and nicely balanced. The fennel gets in the background and the clary sage, neroli and seaweed start to come to life.

I feel in the later drydown some notes of ambergris accord, because Zoologist do not use real animal products in their perfumes.

Overall this is a solid release and I like what Julien did here, it is a very pleasant, out of office in holiday type of smell which reminds you of the sea breeze and sun, exactly what it says on the tin.

Razvanyke 3 days ago 2

Luxurious fluffy musc
Now, this is advertised as unisex, for ladies only and so on .. but I can confirm that for me it smells very unisex, with a big lean towards feminine.

It has great fluffy DNA and it seems to be like a nice cloud of heliotrope, flowers and musc, clean white musc. It´s ideal for office use or for a good mood scent, when needed.

Please see my video for more details, thank you.

Razvanyke 5 days ago 1

Am I the only one to like it?
I will start saying that I like very much the Montale/Mancera concept : strong, complex fragrances at affordable prices.

Aqua Palma is a freshie with peach note and also some understated citruses, it will not choke you from the first sprays but it will be very long lasting, with a decent silage, great for summer and those sunny days in which you want to smell nice and fresh.

The price of 120€ for 100ml is very good in my opinion and you get a good quality in return, in a perfume that does what says on the tin (haha, this time really is tin): Smells like a day near the Aqua (Sea) maybe on the island of Palma (de Mallorca).

For more details, please watch my video from below. Thank you !

Razvanyke 6 days ago 2

The unseen smile
I was relatively new to this brand before and after Patchouly I decided to give Sorriso a try too.

Wow what was in the basket for me, this is a very understated scent with a vanilla to die for and top longevity to enjoy it as much as you want. This is not powerful to annoy you from the first sprays like The Moon as example, but it´s understated and almost seems light to my nose.

Ooo .. light it is not, even after 8 hours since the initial two sprays, it was still going on strong with this cosy, dreamy type of vanilla mixed with bitter orange and some boozy note, maybe that is what they call "tropical woods".

The presentation is spot on, the package is of high quality and also the bottle.

For me, in dry down is very close to what Enigma Parfum for Men smells like, minus the Cola vibe. There is a similarity with Vanille Havane too, which is also regarded to be similar to Enigma.

Overall, you can see my video and listen more about it. Thank you for watching!

Razvanyke 10 days ago 1

Not another Rose perfume
I like very much Rose as a note in perfumery but if it´s too much smells like old lady, if it is too powerful with frankincense it is hard to wear like in Les Sables Roses from LV or Lyric Man from Amouage.

In this perfume, the rose is so well mixed with the other notes that it makes me really want to wear it layered but also by itself. It does tend to me more feminine but for a man it could be very nice too.

I sprayed it on my bath robe a few days ago and it made the whole bathroom smell so nice and the silage is really great, something I cannot say about even more expensive perfumes.

If you like Rose, this perfume would become one of your favorites .. and if you think Portrait of a Lady smells too old lady like, this would also be a good alternative.

You can also see an unboxing about it and my impressions in the video below, thank you for watching.

1 - 5 of 73