RubyredRubyred's Perfume Reviews

Filter & sort
36 - 40 by 49
Rubyred 9 years ago 1 3
Poison to a fruity floral
Oh this stuff is so awful. I experienced such revulsion when I sprayed some on a paper stick I had to go out of the chemist shop and put it in the nearest bin, and then go back into the chemist shop to try the next. No way was I going to contaminate my bag. cloying, spicy, lily of the valley, oriental - all things I hate. As for the thought of wearing it to bed - worse than a hangover. Someone give me April Violets.
Rubyred 9 years ago 3
2.5
Light, soft, clean floral.
A light, fresh, floral scent. A lightly sweet fruity changes to lightly soft floral, then to soft musky floral. Uncomplicated. Very lightly powdery. I can't distinguish any of the notes except rose which isn't mentioned, especially later. Just a lovely fresh light floral. In the same vein as the Daisy line by Marc Jacobs, and Stella Nude but less amber. Except it has better lasting power - easily 6 hours. Very easy to wear and love this perfume. Bottle is lovely, light and fresh too.
Rubyred 9 years ago 6
Salted caramel truffles, seaside, gardenias. Yes, it's a MUSK-have if you like musk
These remind me of I am sure they were called Ghiardelli salted caramel truffles from San Francisco. They were the best I wish I could have brought them back to Oz with me. Clotted creamy, salted caramel truffle with the breeze off San Francisco Bay coming in through the green cathedral of Muir Woods... A very strong projection of salted gardenias but the gardenias always take 2nd place to the salt - it's more than aqua on me its downright briney - which mellows to softer musk and sandalwood in the drydown. A salty floral, I suppose - sea-weedy, wind whipping the sea foam off the tops of the waves with the smell and taste of salted truffles on my breath and a gardenia behind my ear. Mellows to a softer sooty, ash, at which time I like to top it off with Allure for a shot of vanilla. People say this is a soft smell, even when they sniff my wrist, but to me it's a strong smell, it wafts about me all day and all night. And yes Lady Rogue the bottle is hideously mis-matched to the scent.
Rubyred 9 years ago 2 1
rose with thorn
If Yardley English rose is a shy, pipingly sweet rose for a 16 yo girl, this is a spicy, sultry, rose with thorn perfume for a woman. spicy, a bit fruity, the peach is very subtle, the lily of the valley thankfully I could not smell. A very strong almost an oriental, spiced rose, great projection, lasts well. It's not as well behaved as Stella. It's much more playful and spicy than Annick Goutal's Ce Soir Ou Jamais, not as dewy or wet. It's less honeyed and ambery than D&G Rose The One.t is not flat like many rose perfumes. I bought it in USA and looked for it for years in Oz. I'm happy now, I just saw it for sale in Australia and ordered it online.
Rubyred 10 years ago 1 1
Swapped it away
Spicy oriental slightly floral underneath all that oily spice.
Coudn't do it, swapped it with Seatonica for Guess Seductive, which I can wear. If you like oriential spicy (I don't) this has good projection and lasts a long while.
36 - 40 by 49