RubyredRubyred's Perfume Reviews

Filter & sort
21 - 25 by 49
Rubyred 10 years ago 3 1
As Midnight Fantasy is to Fantasy ...
As Midnight Fantasy is to Fantasy, so is Wonderstruck Enchanted to Wonderstruck.
I liked Wonderstruck. It has a pretty, freesia note. I didn't buy it because I thought it was rather expensive for what it was, a happy fruity floral.

I like Wonderstruck Enchanted too. It's more of a vanilla, not a cloying oriental but a lighter, subtle, fruity oriental, blueberry or peony, a bit more grown up than Wonderstruck. Has a soft body, hints of sweet woodsy musk. Lasts about 7 hours on me with 4-5 sprays. Dries down soft and with a hint of vanilla or toffee.

I consider it's still too expensive for what it is. I already have Midnight Fantasy (a slightly stronger floral oriental) so I probably wouldn't buy this even if it came around on special.
Rubyred 10 years ago 5
Divine Dolce Vita
Utterly divine Dolce Vita. Just love it. Warm, lightly spiced, faintly rosy and sweet, uplifting cinnamon, woody, trailing vanilla, peachy, gorgeous, smooth as a liquer, has good strength and lasts for ages. It's 'the one perfume I would take if I were stranded in the Arctic' variation on a theme because it doesn't really suit a tropical climate.
Today I tried Dolce Vita (3rd bottle) on one hand and Chanel Allure on the other and while both vanillic, the Allure came off decidedly scratchy, thin, and second best.
Rubyred 10 years ago 4
20 daisies a day (is what you need)
Light refreshing. Dried hay, grasses, only very lightly floral, trailing wisps of vanilla. some say light violet, strawberry.. I say is delicate, light, breezy, watery, subtle floral. Lasts less than an hour. Bottle is precious. Price is silly. Try Yardley's Royal English Daisy for the same scent at 1/5 the price, it lasts as long as this too. the new Marc Jabos Dot is similar, lightly fruity instead of lightly grassy.
Rubyred 10 years ago 1
Nothing and musk
I've struggled to like this (gave up on loving it after the 1st 5ml) and after 40ml of a 50ml bottle I'm looking forward to giving up the attempt. the jasmine is a bit of a nothing - not fresh and green and sweet, I don't get any jasmine at all - just a lily of the valley and light synthetic sour lemon smell, soon overtaken by an unpleasant, dull, thick musk. I don't get any light, fresh, sweet or jasmine, no sweet fizzy honey mimosa/wattle, nothing nice at all. Very musky.

Even if I use 15 sprays the whole experience is (thankfully) over in 2 hours. But, that's Bvulgari.
Rubyred 10 years ago 2
cloying, thick, murky
If you don't like orientals stay away from this. I gave it to a girlfriend,(because no-one in my family or co-workers would take it) who gave it to her daughter, who gave it to her friend...
21 - 25 by 49