RubyredRubyred's Perfume Reviews

Filter & sort
31 - 35 by 49
the boy named sue
Baby Doll repesented for me the pinnacle of my infatuation with fruity florals - a candied fruit sweet, tartish, lovely height to be transported to. Other reviewers below have beautifully described it's effervescent fruity floralcy. 100ml of Baby Doll is a lot to get through, though, and by the end of it I was looking to different genres for scent stimulation - to veer off on paths promising vanillas, woodsy florals, musky florals, tantalising licorice, bright bitter bergamot, woody earthy, gourmand, anything, give me anything but don't make me wear Baby Doll again. If you've had it, you probably know what I mean.
Rubyred 10 years ago 5
Turkish Coffe with chocolate with clotted cream with blow torched buttery creme caramel with toffee
I'm considering using this as a diet supplement - wearing it is like having had a caramalised, slightly toffee'd, glistening praline confection with caffe latte (just a little, strong coffee with heaps of creme de la creme) or a strong turkish coffee with whipped cream & a fine sprinkling of grated chocolate. Or blow-torched buttery creme caramel with burnt butterscotch sauce. There's definitely a burnt toffee smell I can almost taste it that fades out after a few hours to faint, smoky incense. That burnt toffee smell is the only reservation I have yet about this. Of course, there's deep red heavily scented roses on the dining table with lightly scented coconut and liquorice (think Wish, Lolita Lempicka LL) candles burning at the other end of the room. Huge projection and lasts easily until the next meal. Similar to Fancy by Jessica Simpson
Mish mash white floral
Passion - gave this one away. Boring white floral. White floral perfumes don't excite me - ylang ylang is a yuk yuk cheap and nasty hippy oil, patchouli and I are not friends and I love the tuberose my mother grows but it rarely translates into a lovely perfume - it has to be done well for me to appreciate it. A strange aspect of this perfume was that it had little smell on me until my body was warmed up - by the sun or through exertion. Then just a boring white floral, stronger as my body got hotter. I think my girlfriend likes it. I do however love AG Ce Soir Au Jamais - a luscious dewy dripping red rose. PS my girlfriend gave it back. she didn't like it that much. Now gone to a new home.
Gave it away
Watery, thin, green, sharp, brittle. Just a nothing, really. Maybe it was the lily of the valley which I dislike. The bottle irritated me - took up far too much space in my cupboard. It had to go.
Rubyred 10 years ago 5
Lemon rice pudding
Lemon rice pudding. Or sago. With a vanillic vibe. Steaming tea. chocolate. Yes, cherries, in white chocolate. I can see that it might be kind of comforting but not something I want to smell like. Not even something I would want to eat.
Lasts 8 hours.