SamuelGustavSamuelGustav's Perfume Reviews

1 - 5 of 20
SamuelGustav 2 months ago 3

Aqua - Barbie World
I can't help it but smile smelling this fragrance, this is an extremely fun fragrance, almost like a parody but done so well, a very interesting balance between cheeky, fun and sophistication. Cheerful cherry scent with a seemingly blend of rose, musk, red fruits and something that reminds me of a hint of plastic, imagining one of those "plastic like fabrics" pink jackets.
Despite the fact that it reminds me of Aqua Barbie World videoclip, I don't find it extremely feminine and would be very happy to wear this one although it doesn't fit my personality at all.
Prin done an excellent job doing something great without being serious, actually even hilarious and that's not an easy task, at all

SamuelGustav 1 year ago

When a brand goes the lazy route
One of the most disappointing fragrances I've smell this year, a beautiful opening that turns into the most vile, horrible synthetic scratchy mess in the heart and dry down (has for example, present in Erba Pura, but in this case much much worse and scratchy).
The opening is creamy, fruity, so beautiful, this had the potencial to be incredible (the only reason I gave this a 2, otherwise it would get a 0, and btw I never gave just a low score to my mind), if done right, but unfortunately no, this is an example how a brand goes into the lazyness and the latest fashion with the abuse of trending molecules, sharp, scratchy, metallic just to give it power, going for longevity and projection instead of focusing on quality in the blend from beggining to end.

SamuelGustav 4 years ago 2
5.5

Doesn't smell too cheap so I guess that's a plus
Typical fresh opening, some fresh and fruity pear mixed with some freshness from the lavender, boring background woody/vanilla notes, nothing new here, same generic crap, but for a generic fragrance is nice, soft and clean, didn't bother me so the quality is ok, can't say the same for most designer releases this year that smell like deodorant and hairspray. Can't really say much about this one, it's ok, just that, ok... Hard to dislike so a safe bet and doesn't smell very cheap so, that's a plus now a days, actually better then most givenchy.

SamuelGustav 4 years ago 7

Masterpiece!
Masterpiece, perfect in every way. The right amount of woods, incense and dried fruits for my taste, I find it a very sexy unisex fragrance, dark red and mysterious. Not for the daily use, just for those especial occasions, too much of a special fragrance.

SamuelGustav 4 years ago 4

Tobacco, wood notes dipped in honey and port wine, yes, that good!
Sweet tobacco and wood notes dipped in honey with some port wine nuances, this is basically what you should expect from this fragrance. Very sexy honey composition, in my opinion much better then back to black, not similar but in the same style, without the floral aspects. Another one in the same style, but superior in quality and complexity is Or du serail by Naomi Goodsir, if you like both this fragrances style you will surely like sweet tobacco spirits.
I would love for this to have a bit more complexity, maybe some incense to give a more mysterious fell, but still a wonderful composition, elegant, sweet, sexy and simple, very easy to like.

Very linear fragrance and long lasting, I find this a bit more masculine but still unisex.

1 - 5 of 20