ScentSlaveScentSlave's Perfume Reviews

1 - 5 of 152
ScentSlave 9 days ago 3

This one is somewhat underrated
I scored 100ml of this for $60 on Macy’s online… an absolute STEAL!

This one is more appealing to the people who like the somewhat sweet feeling “well dressed” feeling scents. One for a nice dinner with that special someone, or a formal drink with some business associates after a successful long workday. It’s that kind of scent. I get a sweetness with the suede notes that make this one shine bright.

I also get great performance out of this one; a solid projection bubble that reaches a good 3ft radius, performing well for the entire 8hour duration, as it leaves a solid sillage trail that points in your direction.

If you dont mind a touch of sweeter feeling playfulness in you formal wardrobe, give this one a look. It’s perfect in that sense.

ScentSlave 9 days ago 4

Now THIS one is the winner in the Gentleman line, if you ask me.
Especially if you like the kind of classy, incense feeling scents. It starts of with a nice, lightly spicy, chocolate covered feeling sweetness. I find it absolutely gorgeous throughout, but the right here opening, and the in final drydown (where I get an ALMOST incense feeling smokiness) are where it wins me over.

It’s a high class sweetness that leaves you feeling confident. Not a boisterous kind of confidence; more of that “everybody knows I do my job well without me having to say it” vibe. It’s a great one, indeed.

Performance isn’t bad either. It’s got a solid cloud that reaches a 4ft radius, with a nice sillage trail that follows. It’s also got a nice longevity, going 6-8 hours or so. It’s definitely my favorite in the line.

I’m going to be sporting this one a LOT this winter.

ScentSlave 9 days ago 2

I had really high hopes for this one…
…because it was repeatedly compared to Dior Homme Eau (which is one of my absolutely favorite scents).

I scoured the earth to find it, and immediately tore it open when I did. 5 shots (2 to the sides of the neck, 1 to the back, and 1 on each wrist), and I was on my way.

Immediately I was greeted with a very dry, yet waxy feeling makeup vibe. Nothing at all like Dior Homme Eau. While it was a lipstick feeling, I really wouldn’t compare it to the other DH scents either.

It’s not a bad scent, it’s just that I was hoping for something similar to DHE, and the only thing this one has in common is the color of the juice.

Performance wise, the projection is thick and solid, but restrained to within a 3ft or so projection bubble. Sillage is there as well, for 3 hours or so, and the overall longevity isn’t bad, lasting 6+ hours as a skin scent after the first 3-4 hours have passed.

If you like Iris, you’ll probably want to have a look at this one. It’s definitely prominent, but also know that it’s that lipstick-esque feeling Iris that you’re going to get.

Again, I don’t dislike it, nor do I regret buying it, but it is nothing like the Dior Homme Eau scent. To each their own.

ScentSlave 26 days ago 1

The interior of an expensive car…
…that’s the initial impression I got from this; or maybe A classy, very organized, confident business man. You have to be well dressed to sport this one. A very nice, masculine scent indeed.

I think that this one, like Aventus, appeals more to, and gets more compliments from men then women. Certain scents work in this fashion; not that no women like them (as many women DO)… it’s just that more men seem to like them than women do. That’s just my two cents (Pun intended).

It gives the vibe of a shiny, polished black leather (the interior of a brand new Mercedes), not a brown, country leather (cowboy boots or saddles). There IS a difference, and the image that this one paints is the former. Keep this in mind if you’re thinking of trying this one out.

Performance wise, this one has a decent projection radius of about 2-3ft, with a long resonating sillage trail, and marvelous longevity of 10+ hours on skin. Is it worth the price? If you like leather, yes.

ScentSlave 26 days ago 3

A very sweet leather
That’s what I get from this. Not quite the “beast” that he’s described as, but he does have a very good longevity.

Off the opening you get a good 2-3 ft of projection, with a nice sillage that does sit and linger for a while. The longevity is as advertised, going an easy 10 hours. So the performance is indeed worthy…

… now whether you like it or not depends on where you set your expectations up, and if you like the sweets, the booze, and the leather.

If you dislike ANY of those notes, than don’t take this trip, because you will get a taste of each on this journey. They will each give you a loud “hello” and they will stay and sit a while on the long ride.

For me? It’s worth the blind buy if you KNOW you like those accords.

1 - 5 of 152