ScentSlaveScentSlave's Perfume Reviews

1 - 5 of 81
ScentSlave 31 days ago 3

This one isn’t the best
But it isn’t the worst either. For me, it feels like Invictus got a few shots of testosterone kicked into it. It’s got a similar “bubble gummy” vibe, but it’s a hair more masculine, and a tad more mature. You can definitely feel the similarities, but it’s a bit quieter on how it resonates.

While the projection isn’t what you normally expect from a “Le Male” scent, it’s nowhere near as bad as the word on the street makes it sound. It’s definitely THERE, it’s just not quite as flamboyant as the other members of its family. Maybe a 1-2ft bubble radius. The same factors apply to the sillage trail; it resonates there, just not as loud as one would expect for something that’s similar to Invictus in aromatics. Longevity is also bludgeoned in online reviews, but it gets you 7-8 hours of life. People notice it on you when you stop smelling it. It’s probably the ambroxan fatigue kicking in. As it dries down, the bubblegum notes back off and leave a lighter, very blue, masculine base.

You can tell it’s an attempt to replicate Invictus, but it isn’t a horrible grab, especially now. I grabbed 125ml for $50; at this price it delivers “enough”. If you have an Invictus scent in your collection, you won’t need it, but if you want something more masculine and less loud, this one is something you might want to try.

ScentSlave 32 days ago 3

While you can definitely tell it’s in the Eros family,
It IS different enough to consider adding to your collection. While the Flame was too similar to the original in my opinion, the 2020 EDP stands out just about “enough” to be called a “sibling” in the line.

Similar to how you can that tell the Bleu de Chanel variants are in the same family AND yet different enough to be looked at as individuals, the Eros EDP comes in with different notes accentuated, and a pinch of new tones added to establish its “fingerprint”.

The overall Eros dna is DEFINITELY there, but the spearmint comes in and adds a kind of “frosty” feeling. While the edt version really feels of a sweet mint/tonka/vanilla vibe, the spearmint in the 2020 EDP adds a very cold sensation that pulls back on the sweetness... especially in the opening. Think of how some people prefer more sugar to their coffee and some people like it black. The edt Eros would be a mint drink with 4 tablespoons of sugar, while Eros Flame replaced the mint with a citrus pinch but kept the sugar. The new 2020 EDP adds a much more intense mint and pulls back to maybe 1 tablespoon of sugar.

The dry downs are definitely VERY similar amongst all 3 variants; the average non-enthusiastic perfume wearer would probably have a very difficult time discerning one from the other. This doesn’t mean they aren’t different enough; well the 2020 EDP IS, anyway. Think of different artists painting pictures of the same site. While you can tell it’s the same place, the artists each have their own perspectives on their work, and the people that look at them see the different artistic touch. Same vibe applies here; you can tell it’s the same “site”, but the artists have used different amounts of different colors, and they have enough of an individualized “fingerprint”. The edt is the sweetest, vanilla heavy version, while the Flame replaces mint with citrus and fades to a slightly less sweet, but still vanilla heavy dry down. The 2020edp cuts the vanilla and sweetness in half, and doubles the mint with a fresher, colder feeling mint. It has almost a peppermint strength intensity and cold sensation.

The projection is easily over a 4ft radius, and the sillage trail definitely sits there for a long time with a very thick radiance. Longevity is also very good (over 8 hours and it’s still STRONG).

I personally think it’s going to be a great winter performer; the mint sensation makes me think of a how a brisk peppermint coffee feels in the cold. I can’t wait to break it out when the winter hits. Again, the simplest way to describe it is this; it’s the original Eros edt with the vanilla dosage cut in half, while the mint is replaced with a much more intense spearmint.

ScentSlave 50 days ago 1

This one smells almost EXACTLY like the EDT
I saw this at Dillards’s and got ridiculously excited, as I LOVE the Spicebomb line. I was just about ready to just throw down the cash and take it home, but I decided to give it a test spray, and make sure I wanted it. Boy, am I glad I did. This one is almost indistinguishable from its EDT brother. I had to doublecheck the bottle to make sure I tested the right one. I was SO disappointed. Definitely not gonna grab this one.

It’s got great performance, as it lasted pretty much all day, but like I said, it is way too similar to the EDT. I might have grabbed it if I didn’t already own the EDT, and I would recommend this one over the EDT, but it’s definitely not worth having both. Yes they are THAT similar. The smell they give is like the original Eros got mixed with the Y EDP. A nice sweet scent. Nothing wrong with it if you’re just looking at it by itself. If you have expectations however; be ready for utter disappointment. No other way to say it. If you don’t have Spicebomb Night Vision EDT, and you like Eros/Y EDP type scents, check it out. It isn’t bad at all. It’s just been done already.... by THE SAME HOUSE!

ScentSlave 51 days ago 2

This one seems stronger on the drydown;
I was almost shocked when that gorgeous drydown began its slow crescendo into its leathery forte. It has an almost boozy feel to the opening, and it hypnotized next with that almost suede feel it exudes.

When I got home and first gave it a try, I was almost disappointed when it felt so soft and quiet in the intro. The projection radius FELT rather small, and I couldn’t personally feel the sillage trail... and then it began its slow ascent into leathery bliss... and stayed there... a gorgeous “designer leather” feel that resonates as a magical sillage trail. Sweet black leather. That’s what I get out of it, and I LOVE it. I love leathery feeling juices, but most tend to die down too early for me... but not this one. I get at least 6 hours of longevity in this epic sillage bubble state. A fantastic score.

ScentSlave 52 days ago 1

I never had the pleasure of smelling the “vintage” version;
and this one (it’s a 2019 batch) starts off REALLY SOFT, immediately. It’s got a great, spicy, dark scent, but right off the bat it’s a skin scent. As it dries down I personally get a lot of the cumin vibe resonating. To me, it really smells how a well made Yellow Thai Curry tastes; a great initial spicy kick that starts to sweeten up a lot, and finally leaves a resonating cumin vibe. I personally don’t get more than 3 hours of performance on skin, but I only bought it because I scored a deal on it. I probably won’t be wearing it out much, as most people are wearing masks and staying 6ft away from each other, so this is more of a “nice night at home with the wife” scent to play with for me. It’s a great scent, just way too soft to wear in 2020 (no one is going to smell it with social distancing in effect)

1 - 5 of 81