SchaumBSchaumB's Perfume Reviews

08/03/2016
3 Awards
Stunning fragrance. The notes blend effortlessly with each other. After the initial spray onto the skin you detect the floral notes quite clearly however after a few moments these subside a little to blend perfectly with the fruity notes, not sweet they just enhance the overall composition.

The heart notes blend perfectly with the base notes after a fairly short time leaving you with the most fantastic floral/fruit fragrance throughout, not too weak not to strong Just the most perfect sophisticated scent that can easily be worn by both sexes anytime and for almost any occasion.

Definitely a winner from Ex Nihilo. I would highly recommend anyone giving this a try. Recently purchased a 100ml bottle, it's addictive!

10/16/2014
1 Awards
I recently went on holiday to Brazil and discovered this fantastic scent. Someone standing next to me whilst at the bar smelled absolutely divine and I just had to ask him what he was wearing, the answer was Flo * Vermelho by Maira Jung. I'm sure this has to be Brazil's best kept secret. After returning back to the UK I discovered a supplier the only one over here called Roulier White based in London, the sales assistant advised that Maira has created this perfume after her Grandfather used to make the original at their home which soon became the family signiture scent. I must admit this Vermelho is much better in my opinion, very fruity yet subtle and fresh hard to describe although their is a fruit in it that only grows in the higher regions of Brazil this could add to it's unique quality. I found the original very nice quite a strong Lavender smell completely different from Vermelho. A huge thank you to Maira, after many years of searching for a versatile unique smelling signiture scent it finally arrived quite by chance.

04/28/2014
I thought this might be along the lines of alessandro Gaultieri’s Nasomatto creations such as Pardon & Duro which I like however Stercus from Orto Parisi is very different much lighter and easier to wear with a almost fresh yet deep smell which I find hard to describe however I really like it, and feel that’s it’s a definite winner from the house.

10/22/2013
4 Awards
Challenging to describe however on my skin it initally opens very fresh and you can certainly detect the wine note. After around 10 minutes or so the scent starts to develop even further and becomes sweeter with the oud coming into play. This scent certainly stands alone in it's individuality neither trying to be oud or floral etc just effortlessly superb in it's own right. I would say this scent can be worn anytime of the day although better suited to the cooler seasons. Excellent scent in my opinion, well worth a try!

07/25/2013
4 Awards
Having read the notes of the fragrance I was really intrigued as to how a quince top not blended with rose and fairly creamy base notes such as honey and tonka bean would work. The outcome is really beautiful, Bertrand Duchafour has created a fabulous soft fruity sophisticated and elegant fragrance. Not at all sweet or cloying just fresh, fruity and creamy.

06/28/2013
6 Awards
Subdued tobacco scent that's reminds me of the highest quality pipe tobacco along with soft sweet vanilla and fresh green accords. The overall impression is that of a extremely high quality sweet tobacco yet surprisingly fresh EDC. Wonderful, definately one of my favourites from S. Maria Novella. Highly recommend giving this one a try!

03/29/2013
4 Awards
Absolutely astounding composition. The fragrant notes blend effortlessly with each other. After the initial spray onto the skin you detect the top notes of bergamot and cinnamon quite clearly however after a few moments these subside a little to blend with the heart notes, I can particularly detect the whisky and cognac with the sweet honey. The heart notes blend perfectly with the base notes after a fairly respectable time leaving you with the most fantastic comfort scent, not too sweet not to strong Just the most perfect relaxing classy almost gourmand EDP that can easily be worn anytime and for almost any occasion. Definitely a winner from this house. Thumbs up for a classy, unique and versatile fragrance. I would recommend anybody to give this a try!

11/26/2012
2 Awards
Fantastic fragrance for the fall and winter. Initially starts out with a bergamot / patch smell however after a few minutes the scent starts to develop into a rich sweet chocolatey, patch scent. Excellent gourmand vibe to this one! Good choice for anyone into a sweet patch perfume with a chocolate gourmand emphasis. This ones most definately on my to buy list!

09/12/2012
2 Awards
Really amazing fresh fruity/floral perfume that projects just right as to not to be too loud or too soft. After spraying in the morning I could still detect this corgeous aroma eight hours later, still the same scent throughout. Started off more fruity with the mango being prominent and then settled within 30mins to the most amazing overall fruity floral mix that's perfect for both sexes.

08/21/2012
4 Awards
Very subdued fragrance which lays close to the skin. The initial opening is wonderful with an almost creamy citrus smell reminiscent is a good quality summer body lotion, this stays pretty much throughout the development of the fragrance however after a while a slightly more floral note comes in which I assume is the primrose in the composition. Overall a great spring/summer scent which although is pretty skin close does last a good 4/5 hours or so. Slightly on the pricey side so would recommend testing before spending the bucks!