ShojoidShojoid's Perfume Reviews

1 - 5 of 15
Shojoid 5 months ago

Patchouli Chocolate
This is such a great chocolaty scent! Don't know what exactly produces this effect. I guess it could be the combination of patchouli, vetiver and ambery components, but this is just so perfect! Aromatic, deep, woody and most of all - chocolaty! However, it's not a simple edible chocolate, but a proper perfume! Love it!

Shojoid 5 months ago

Herbs of Mallorca
A herby soul of Mallorca! Just like the typical local drink, one can feel the island and its nature in this perfume. An aromatic mix of different herbs and wood mixes to form a tart, slightly bitter composition. Sandalwood comes through beautifully over time. A very naturally-smelling perfume. Like a walk on the island!

Shojoid 5 months ago 1

Orange Power!
A super powerful, lively, energetic and sunny orange-centered perfume! Like an explosion of oranges, with green leaves, twigs, zest and sweet fruity flesh. The leather accord gives an interesting and smart counterweight with its bitterness. Overall a very smart, modern interpretation. Super long-lasting and strong, especially for a citrus-themed fragrance! A very strong offering from the brand!

Shojoid 7 months ago 1

A 100% clone of Irish Leather by Memo. For better or for worse.
Love the way this smells - it instantly reminded me of one of my favorite perfumes of all times Irish Leather from Memo. And lo and behold - the list of notes (on the official booklets accompanying the perfumes) is IDENTICAL. Not similar, not sharing some notes, but 100% identical! No wonder they smell so similar! I think it wouldn't be possible to tell them apart in a blind test. Good thing I really love both Irish Leather and now this Argos creation. But it's the first time I encounter a complete 100% literal clone fragrance at such rarefied price point.

I wonder how this could have happened. Alienor Massenet and the creator of Argos had a completely identical idea? Or did Memo owners sell the formula to Argos? Or Argos are such huge fans of Irish Leather that they decided to copy it? We'll never know, but these two are 100% identical. You can choose which one to buy based on design and price, the smell will be the same.

Shojoid 9 months ago

A Controversially Rated Scent?
So funny that parfumo shows a "Controversially Rated Scent" label next to Arcanum, while currently only two people seem to own it and not all that many have tried it in decants and samples. I can only guess this is due to the personality of the brand's founder, namely the fact, that he is a famous fragrance reviewer and blogger on youtube. When a social media person makes something it seems to attract strong opinions regardless of the actual qualities of the product.

I see nothing controversial about this perfume. Arcanum is a solid oriental incense and amber fragrance. Perfectly well blended, no rough edges, the right amount of incense smokiness and woodiness balanced by sweet resinous amber accord that has echoes of all kinds of spices associated with sweetness - vanilla, cinnamon, creamy texture.

On my skin it leans towards these sweeter oriental aspects, the smoky incense building a background. I consider it to be very unisex, can wear it myself or see it on my partner. Warm, pleasant, not overpowering, suited for every day use as well as evening wear when one wants some more oomph (just make a couple of more sprays). I think most people will instantly like it when blind-smelling it, because it has a very easily likable quality to it - a perfume that is made for people who want something easy to understand and wear, not an abstract controversial art piece to marvel at.

I guess some people must have some very specific expectations based on the persona of the brand's founder, which produces the "controversy". Anyway, I see none here.

1 - 5 of 15